Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Korean Manhwa

Quote Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
    As someone already mentioned, I would highly recommend Shin Angyo Onshi. It's a seinen and It's probably one of the best manga/manwha I've read.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=164
    Second it !!

Maybe i'll start a thread in the Seinen-section..this one really deserves it.

Aku Soku Zan

well, for me i think i like yureka. its korean and about mmo.

http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/883
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic78942_1.gif

For some reason, I cant really get into Manhwa mangas, i dont know if its the stories or the art style, it just doesnt do it for me

EPIC!!!

That means you can always instantly tell which series is a manhwa and although you don't know why you automatically hate them? Or do you read that they are a manhwa series and hate them after knowing that. Could be that you are just prejudiced against manhwa series for whatever your reasons might be.

lets see the best manwhas are Ares(best manwa/manga ever) Veritas, and Unbalance x Unbalance!!

Veritas has got to be in the top 3 list of manwha for me, leading it in fact.

http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/

(how was this not mentioned until this far into the thread, only one person before me even mentioned it)

Quote Originally Posted by daedulus View Post
    Veritas has got to be in the top 3 list of manwha for me, leading it in fact.

http://www.onemanga.com/Veritas/

(how was this not mentioned until this far into the thread, only one person before me even mentioned it)
    Because it has its own thread.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by luffyJ MCbankaiz View Post
    That means you can always instantly tell which series is a manhwa and although you don't know why you automatically hate them? Or do you read that they are a manhwa series and hate them after knowing that. Could be that you are just prejudiced against manhwa series for whatever your reasons might be.
    Ehhhh..... Idk, I tried Veritas, I thought the story had potential, but the characters, they are just so unlikeable.

Zero fell flat on me, again the characters where a big problem for me. I mean come on there was some chick was getting banged by some dude and it turns out the dude was a puppet controlled by the chick? WTF?

I think the problem for me is that they are trying to copy Japanese style manga stories, and not really venturing out into there own style making it there own.

Ill try any manga out, but its just hard when the stories fall flat for me.
    Last edited by zeroLT; 07-17-2009 at 04:45 PM.

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeroLT View Post
    Ehhhh..... Idk, I tried Veritas, I thought the story had potential, but the characters, they are just so unlikeable.

Zero fell flat on me, again the characters where a big problem for me. I mean come on there was some chick was getting banged by some dude and it turns out the dude was a puppet controlled by the chick? WTF?

I think the problem for me is that they are trying to copy Japanese style manga stories, and not really venturing out into there own style making it there own.

Ill try any manga out, but its just hard when the stories fall flat for me.
    To make something your own you don't have to make it totally different, manga is just a style,the mangaka is who make it their own so obviously manwha and manga in general are almost the same but is not because korean are copying from Japan.I think you r prejudicing.Anywway talking about manhwa , Veritas is good at the beginning but the plot get to much complicated.and like the previous person said the character r unlikeable.The breaker is really good, I just read the first 35 chapter and is a very interesting manwha.Zippy Ziggy a very funny one , is like wtf with them but is good.

Initiate

Favorite Manhwa

I found this really funny Manhwa a couple of years ago but can't remember the name. It was about the son of a kingdom and some girl (a witch?) going off to save the day. It was made to be a parody of adventure mangas. I think the name was Relish or something. If anyone has any idea what it was called please tell me. It definitely deserves to be on this list!