Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Korean Manhwa

Well brats needing training or getting traing happens in mangas too. A percentage of them too. To name the popular ones would be Bleach and Naruto. But Ares is a good manhwa with kids being extremely strong in the beginning but at least it's explained. And some of the twists they throw are well worth it. The only problem seems to be the fact that it has had no new chapters lately. It definetily leaves you wanting more.

Oh but what you said about manhwa having to much gangs, school children, brats needing traing and too many of them being superstrong to begin with, if they wasn't do you really think you would be interested enough in the first place to give them a chance. Not to mention that this is true of a lot of manga as well and especially martial arts manga. If there was a manga or manhwa about a 40 year old man who was pretty dull, boring , and extremely weak and he pretty much was gonna barely get stronger Would You Really Want To Read It? Be Honest. Even if it was as funny as hell would you even give it that chance? People use those elements because with kids you have the potential to have years worth of stories that flush out who exactly they will be because most wouldn't have knownn by then. The kids is also to add unpredictabilty but that varies. The gangs is to add an element of reality. And the brat needing traing or being superstrong is to show you as strong as they are they will need their further experiences to make them truly powerful by their universes standards and that they will normally be very driven to do so.
    I also think saying manhwas are good but can never amount to the greatness manga(paraphrasing) are is to broad because no where near all mangas are great and some of the ones I read could definitely beat some of the great manga.

I read a couple of Manhwa...

1: Ares
    2: The Breaker
    3: Witch Hunter
    4: Immortal Regis

Ares and the Breaker can be found on www.k-manga.net and Immortal Regis and Witch Hunter on www.meep-scans.com

Spoiler!

I'll try out Ares sooner or later, it seems very interesting.

It is, but as stated by somebody earlier in this thread... the drawings aren't the greatest but I think they are unique and that's what I like about it.... the story is pretty kick ass as well.... but kmts has sort of slowed down their speed at which they are scanning it. T_T

Spoiler!

@Luffy J, it depends on the story. I loved Onizuka and it was about a reckless teacher whom I would not like in real life. It's about the story and how it's put together. I personally have a problem with manwha and constant use of female abuse and rescue plot. It gets really old. I know a couple of girls in life who could kickass. I have yet to meet a strong female heroine in manwha except for the crazy girl in Aflame Inferno.

i love the breaker. i just wish i had more to feed my desire. i like samurai usagi too. and inferno. and veritas, i think they all have original themes/ideas.

Yo....! manga lover's Blue_Ace-Dragon's Avatar
    hm... Manhwa, i read a couple of that like
    ChangeGuy and Immortal regis

Quote Originally Posted by lordmacintoshii View Post
    I personally have a problem with manwha and constant use of female abuse and rescue plot. It gets really old. I know a couple of girls in life who could kickass. I have yet to meet a strong female heroine in manwha except for the crazy girl in Aflame Inferno.
    Immortal Regis
    zippy ziggy
    hot blooded women
    savers
    bring it on
    red lion
    vanilla ice <-- one of my favorites
    hwang miri
    The Kidnapping of Minja Jo's Boyfriend

and the list goes on and on. Please talk after you really know what you're talking about. Girls who can't fight in general are abused in every country whether it's manga manhwa or chinese or american. It doesn't matter.

^ I happen to have read my share of manhwa and know what I'm talking about sheesh. Sadly, you might not read this message and I might come back to this post in months.

Perhaps I should expand on my idea *at a later time*

As someone already mentioned, I would highly recommend Shin Angyo Onshi. It's a seinen and It's probably one of the best manga/manwha I've read.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=164