Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Korean Manhwa

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    A sticky thread about manwha? What's next...

In my honest opinion, korean manga style sucks compared to traditional and new japanese shonen drawing styles. Even when they try to imitate the japanese style, they still fail. The only one that grabbed my attention some years ago was Ares, but I ended up dropping it because of the artstyle and the story-plot. It just can't put at same level as japanese manga (yet).
    I've had Ares on hold for almost a year. Shin Angyo Onshi is the second manwha that I'm reading and I really like it. Elajtz00r....it's read from right to left because the series was also serialised in Japan.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I enjoy reading different manwha, the style is generally different but all the same it has its own attractiveness, there are some nice shoujo/romance I can instantly recall being manwha, 100% Prefect Girl and My Girl being two among them (I'm also a big fan of UnbalancexUnbalance)

I've also started reading Jack Frost, I was a little confused at first and I was wondering what it was a little like Hellsing, but who cares, it's still good. And Zippy Ziggy as well, that manwha is hilarious. Thank you RyColaa for scanlating it.

One more thing, I've noticed that with manwha, there's more kinda medieval style, swords and quest type story's going around, not sure if it really is the case, but I like those stories every now and then.

In my honest opinion, korean manga style sucks compared to traditional and new japanese shonen drawing styles. Even when they try to imitate the japanese style, they still fail. The only one that grabbed my attention some years ago was Ares, but I ended up dropping it because of the artstyle and the story-plot. It just can't put at same level as japanese manga (yet).
    Oh you sad poor naive little boy.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

yep, Archiel is right, you're a sad little naive boy

just because a few manhwa suck, doesnt mean all suck >_>

Koreans make some good Martial Arts manga Ragnarok & King of Hell are freakin awesome.
    Hee-Joon Son is great. I love his art and characters. iD_eNTIY (Yureka) is my all time favorite manhwa. Think of it as a .hack with more action and super-powered players as main characters. Then PhD: Phantasy Degree is another awesome series by same author.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Veteran Member
    Ah, King of Hell. The art needs more work but the story doesn't seem bad...

Also, Aflame Inferno...It's awesome!!!

http://www.onemanga.com/Aflame_Inferno/

Also...Kuro Kami. Not sure it should be counted as manhwa though>< Serialized in japan, so it reads right to left.

http://www.onemanga.com/Black_God/

The artwork is awesome. Drop dead gorgeous.

Change Guy is a good martial art manwha. It has good story line and drawing.

Description from Mangaupdates:
    "Take Kang Too Jee, one of the best fighters in the Gi Sang Area, Woo Soo Choi, a geek who loves studying and has great concentration and perserverance, and mix them up together with a really GREEDY scientists who runs people over and then uses their bodies in a twisted body switching experiment(and dumps their body in a random area after the experiment) and what do you get? Change Guy!

Woo Soo Choi is now in the body of Kang Too Jee... which is no problem for him until Kang Too Jee's reputation and old grudges catch up to him and he gets into all sorts of fights. Will he manage to get through high school without being trashed all the time and preserve Kang Too Jee's reputation? What would fight loving, battle hungry, Kang Too Jee do in Woo Soo Choi's extremely frail body!? Will they EVER get changed back to their original bodies?"

khekhekhekhe...
    nothing can ever beat Yureka

Just read it, ad you'll never stop laughing
    Shin Angyo Aoshi (is that right?) is good too. Eventough the story was heavy (my brain was sh*t) but its fun reading it. The power of a manhwa is the oke. All manhwa i read was full of humor eventough the draing not as god as japanese manga.

ps; sorry my english s*ck. Its not my native language and i start studying english at 7th grade
    ==a
    maaaaaaan... I wish i can speak english... it's even take hour to write this post.

^^a

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by iseeandwitness View Post

Also...Kuro Kami. Not sure it should be counted as manhwa though>< Serialized in japan, so it reads right to left.

http://www.onemanga.com/Black_God/

The artwork is awesome. Drop dead gorgeous.
    Yeah Black God is brilliant.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

few more manhwas for you

ID(scanlated by KMTS)-ignore the fact that the main char is a trap and you get a awesome win manhwa

Immortal regis(MEEP)- very good and its actually the prequel to the real story about 4 vols scalated so far

Ping(dredshi) ; the legend of maian(dredshi)- both are new series just 4 ch out ecchi and have plots that has scope to improve

btw Ux2(KMTS) is a must read go read it first

Edit: how did i miss freezing(kmts). /me facepalms . 1 vol down and getting hotter
    sig by:ImotoChan

I'm abit ambivalent about my take on manhwa. Certainly, alot of them take the weird martial arts route which gets lame pretty soon. However, I'm a huge fan of UXU *don't know how I got into it* and some other stories are decent. Does not hold a candle to a great Japanese manga but heck some are good.

However, the voilence and constant use of school children and gangs is so boring. It's somehow amazing to realize that almost every martial arts manhwa begins with some brat needing training from some master or already super strong or something along that line. Sighs