Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: BP Live Stream

  1. #1
    Programming Guru Trigunflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    739

    BP Live Stream

    Live feeds from remotely operated vehicles (ROV)
    @ BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill


    Click Here for All Available Streams on One Page.

    Please be aware, these are live streams and may freeze or be unavailable from time to time.
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 07-13-2010 at 06:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Shinhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asces Dungeon
    Posts
    1,893
    I'm not too happy about this situation

    Sig and Ava by Imotochan

  3. #3
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    I actually don't want "top kill" to work. I hope the oil keeps leaking forever, then I want the U.S government to follow the russians advice and use a small 10 kiloton tactical nuke. Then I want the nuke to fail also, in turn exploding the entire oil supply all over the earth so we don't have to be dependant on this stuff anymore, and people finally start to realize that we have the greatest source of energy for billions of years to come, that bright shiny giant ball in the sky.

    Oh btw, Trigun, you should check out Huffingtonpost. They update constantly about the oil situation.

    And Obama seriously needs to do more, why hasn't he put on his superman suit yet and gone down there to seal it up with his heat vision?

  4. #4
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    And Obama seriously needs to do more, why hasn't he put on his superman suit yet and gone down there to seal it up with his heat vision?
    That's because he's black.

  5. #5
    Programming Guru Trigunflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    I actually don't want "top kill" to work. I hope the oil keeps leaking forever, then I want the U.S government to follow the russians advice and use a small 10 kiloton tactical nuke. Then I want the nuke to fail also, in turn exploding the entire oil supply all over the earth so we don't have to be dependant on this stuff anymore, and people finally start to realize that we have the greatest source of energy for billions of years to come, that bright shiny giant ball in the sky.
    Ya, but unfortunately solar energy panels are Very inefficient ATM.. your typical "Quality" panel sports an *amazing* (sarcasm) 12-15% efficiency rating.. and the "Best Available" as in "work in progress".. are like 25-30% in RL conditions. The technology simply isn't practical at this time. You would need an Ungodly amount of panels to actually run the world off solar.



    That may look small in relation to the continents themselves.. but it's still a substantial amount.
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 05-28-2010 at 09:55 AM.

  6. #6
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Ahh but I was talking about the sun as the sole reason for our existence as it controls every aspect of earth, and any life upon it. Photovoltaic solar panels are just one source of tapping that vast energy. All the renewable sources of energy are due to the sun. The sun affects the climate which controls the wind. The sun's gravity along with the moon's gravity controls the tidal waves. The sun grows all the corn, sugarcane, photosynthetic algae that's used to create biofuels such as ethanol. Hell even hydro power is the result of the sun over long periods of time. Add in more nuclear and geothermal and we'll be set on that path to a clean energy future.

    It's quite simple, every new house built should have a solar grid on top and a windmill, the government needs to subsidize it. They can design a smaller elegant looking windmill that sits near the chimney. People used to have old giant tv antennas and still have dishes on their roofs, why not a small windmill? The windmill and the solar panels combined should least be able to reduce the house energy costs by least 40% if used properly. Also they should make it mandatory to only use insulation with value of R40 or higher in every new home and start refurnining older ones. Need more programs like the Obama's tax credits for energy efficient appliances especially on the big ones, washer, dryer, and refrigerator that suck up most of the energy. The new led tvs have become so damn energy efficient, the government can help people recycle older technology. Then raise the mandatory gas mileage on new cars to 40 mpg, no less, like starting in 2012 not 2020. And finally the president needs to tell the american people the truth that they are a bunch of spoiled idiots and need to start conserving more, just simple habits should be changed, helps alot.

  7. #7
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    Ya, but unfortunately solar energy panels are Very inefficient ATM.. your typical "Quality" panel sports an *amazing* (sarcasm) 12-15% efficiency rating.. and the "Best Available" as in "work in progress".. are like 25-30% in RL conditions. The technology simply isn't practical at this time. You would need an Ungodly amount of panels to actually run the world off solar.



    That may look small in relation to the continents themselves.. but it's still a substantial amount.

    Thats a very interesting map but the beauty with solar energy is there is less wear and tear because there are no moving parts.



    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    Ahh but I was talking about the sun as the sole reason for our existence as it controls every aspect of earth, and any life upon it. Photovoltaic solar panels are just one source of tapping that vast energy. All the renewable sources of energy are due to the sun. The sun affects the climate which controls the wind. The sun's gravity along with the moon's gravity controls the tidal waves. The sun grows all the corn, sugarcane, photosynthetic algae that's used to create biofuels such as ethanol. Hell even hydro power is the result of the sun over long periods of time. Add in more nuclear and geothermal and we'll be set on that path to a clean energy future.

    It's quite simple, every new house built should have a solar grid on top and a windmill, the government needs to subsidize it. They can design a smaller elegant looking windmill that sits near the chimney. People used to have old giant tv antennas and still have dishes on their roofs, why not a small windmill? The windmill and the solar panels combined should least be able to reduce the house energy costs by least 40% if used properly. Also they should make it mandatory to only use insulation with value of R40 or higher in every new home and start refurnining older ones. Need more programs like the Obama's tax credits for energy efficient appliances especially on the big ones, washer, dryer, and refrigerator that suck up most of the energy. The new led tvs have become so damn energy efficient, the government can help people recycle older technology. Then raise the mandatory gas mileage on new cars to 40 mpg, no less, like starting in 2012 not 2020. And finally the president needs to tell the american people the truth that they are a bunch of spoiled idiots and need to start conserving more, just simple habits should be changed, helps alot.

    This would be nice but if we go all clean energy who's gonna pay for the oil executives cost of living expenses??


    Spoiler!






    If it doesn't involves a small group of people making enormous profits at the expense of everyone else it must be socialism. You know how Americans feel about that .....






    Lets just buy more guns and invest in underground bunkers till Jesus returns its the only sensible thing to do.


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  8. #8
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    Ahh but I was talking about the sun as the sole reason for our existence as it controls every aspect of earth, and any life upon it. Photovoltaic solar panels are just one source of tapping that vast energy. All the renewable sources of energy are due to the sun. The sun affects the climate which controls the wind. The sun's gravity along with the moon's gravity controls the tidal waves. The sun grows all the corn, sugarcane, photosynthetic algae that's used to create biofuels such as ethanol. Hell even hydro power is the result of the sun over long periods of time. Add in more nuclear and geothermal and we'll be set on that path to a clean energy future.

    It's quite simple, every new house built should have a solar grid on top and a windmill, the government needs to subsidize it. They can design a smaller elegant looking windmill that sits near the chimney. People used to have old giant tv antennas and still have dishes on their roofs, why not a small windmill? The windmill and the solar panels combined should least be able to reduce the house energy costs by least 40% if used properly. Also they should make it mandatory to only use insulation with value of R40 or higher in every new home and start refurnining older ones. Need more programs like the Obama's tax credits for energy efficient appliances especially on the big ones, washer, dryer, and refrigerator that suck up most of the energy. The new led tvs have become so damn energy efficient, the government can help people recycle older technology. Then raise the mandatory gas mileage on new cars to 40 mpg, no less, like starting in 2012 not 2020. And finally the president needs to tell the american people the truth that they are a bunch of spoiled idiots and need to start conserving more, just simple habits should be changed, helps alot.
    Do you realize how much Energy America uses? Nuclear energy would be more efficient than shitty solar and wind power. And change would not happen as fast as you would assume. And with more energy efficient technology being implement, we are slowly using less energy then we use to. And this shit about Obama doing more. You have no idea how hard it is for Obama to get new ideals to Congress with out the Republicans knocking that shit down everytime using filibuster methods and other tactics.

  9. #9
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,894
    And The answer is:-


    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Do you realize how much Energy America uses? Nuclear energy would be more efficient than shitty solar and wind power. And change would not happen as fast as you would assume. And with more energy efficient technology being implement, we are slowly using less energy then we use to. And this shit about Obama doing more. You have no idea how hard it is for Obama to get new ideals to Congress with out the Republicans knocking that shit down everytime using filibuster methods and other tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
    Ya, but unfortunately solar energy panels are Very inefficient ATM.. your typical "Quality" panel sports an *amazing* (sarcasm) 12-15% efficiency rating.. and the "Best Available" as in "work in progress".. are like 25-30% in RL conditions. The technology simply isn't practical at this time. You would need an Ungodly amount of panels to actually run the world off solar.


    That may look small in relation to the continents themselves.. but it's still a substantial amount.


    Banana and Trigunflame...You may contact me for your No Prize award for Bull****less realism.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  10. #10
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915

    "Top Kill" Fails

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_594501.html

    Time to bring on the Nukular bomb. Kaboom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •