Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJ-Roronoa View Post
    I'd always figured that the last Shichibukai would be a women, and that her ability would have something to do with one of the seven sins. (Lust)
    Interesting concept. I've never thought of it that way before, but now that I think about it, each of the seven Shichibukai do correspond in a way to one of the seven deadly sins. I tried matching them up, and here's what I came up with.

Sir Crocodile - Greed
    Crocodile was an ambitious sort, and he was the type of person that wanted to amass more and more power and influence and wealth. He manipulated Baroque Works and Alabasta just so he could get more than he already had.

Moria - Sloth
    Moria is just plain lazy. His crew and zombie army are basically there to do things for him. Even his Devil Fruit ability is a symbol of his laziness: he mostly just lies there while his shadow does the fighting.

Mihawk - Pride
    There isn't much we know about him, but Mihawk's very demeanor speaks of an immense pride in his status as the world's greatest swordsman.

Doflamingo - Envy
    Little is known about him, but we do know that Doflamingo seemingly despises pirates who pursue their dreams. The reason why he feels that way is likewise also unknown, but in cases like this, the usual reason is because the person's dreams have been shattered and he envies those who still have their dreams.

Kuma - Wrath
    A pirate so violent that he was known as the "Tyrant", Kuma now serves as the World Government's exterminator. He is the symbol of the World Government's wrath.

Boa Hancock - Lust
    A female pirate said to be the most beautiful woman in the world, Hancock uses her beauty to ensnare men with passion... and then turning them to stone.

Jimbei - Gluttony?
    We haven't even met Jimbei yet, so we don't know what he's like. Gluttony is the only sin left, though. Maybe he's a fat-ass. ^^

So where does Blackbeard fit in all this? Well, he took Crocodile's place, so it only makes sense for him to take over his sin as well. It fits, too, since Blackbeard was willing to even kill a comrade in order to achieve his goal.

Oh wow...you have it spot on the way I imagined it.

As for Jimbei...I figure since his name basically means Whale Shark...and whale sharks eat well...like a whale, that he would be Gluttony.

As for Blackbeard, I think Greed befits him perfectly. He was greedy in his actions to take another's Devil Fruit, just like you said, and is greedy in the sense that he wants to take over the Pirate World. (Though I guess you could say the same for Luffy...but I don't think Luffy wants to take over, just be the strongest pirate)

Folks let's not get carried away with the whole 7 sins thing. This is not FMA XD

OMG!!! one week to go and its gonna be a war!!! this is so exciting!!!

Spoiler!

No going overboard...but you must admit...it does make some sense. XD

Well, this would probably be obvious, but here I go. Sanji would turn to stone then crumble to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmacintoshii View Post
    Folks let's not get carried away with the whole 7 sins thing. This is not FMA XD
    FMA was rather overt about being inspired by the seven deadly sins, but that doesn't mean that other series can't be inspired by the same things as well, though in a more subtle manner. OP is being very subtle about it, but you have to admit that everything does seem a bit coincidental. Why seven Shichibukai? Though Shichibukai does sound better than Yonbukai or Hachibukai or some such. Why does each member of the Shichibukai coincidentally correspond to each of the seven deadly sins? While that connection may not have anything to do with the series' plot, that doesn't mean that Oda may not have been inspired by it.

Some guy named mangano on MH released a really crappy scan of Chapter 516. All he did was typeset and he didn't even do a good job at that. I took it and did a real quick and I mean real quick level on it. I didn't fix any of the typesetting errors because I am lazy. Anyways here is the file, it will have to tide you over until Bink or Basement releases theirs. I didn't release this on the front page because as I said he did a horrible job typesetting so I didn't want to post it on the main page, I will just post the link here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zahmv3fhmqm

Edit: Lol right after I get done doing this basement posts their scan. >_>

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BB89WFQ3

Spoiler!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Monz View Post
    Some guy named mangano on MH released a really crappy scan of Chapter 516. All he did was typeset and he didn't even do a good job at that. I took it and did a real quick and I mean real quick level on it. I didn't fix any of the typesetting errors because I am lazy. Anyways here is the file, it will have to tide you over until Bink or Basement releases theirs. I didn't release this on the front page because as I said he did a horrible job typesetting so I didn't want to post it on the main page, I will just post the link here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zahmv3fhmqm

Edit: Lol right after I get done doing this basement posts their scan. >_>

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BB89WFQ3
    Thanks for the Effort................