Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko

Awesome awesome awesome. Loved the chapter! Can't wait to see what they do to this creature but Im pretty sure its rediculously strong since it drank all the cola, all Zebra and Toriko need is a sip and they would achieve a new level again! So was this monster the same one on the cloud island that was hunting them or something? Im kinda surprised by Zebras request though, I would have though he would respect what Toriko and him have and not try to steal him...
    A pie in the sky?

Just finished catching up with this Manga and it was definitely worth it. Toriko's originality easily shows why it knocked out Bleach from the top 3.This manga purely shows the essence of WSJ manga. Adventure with great characters and a good story all in one. Also like it how it doesn't rely on cheap methods of drawing half naked chicks to attract its readers. Although there's nothing wrong with half naked chicks just shows how talented this mangaka is. If anything this manga is more of a fanservice for it's female readers had a lot of yaoi puns in it. Hell for a second there I thought Melk was..... good thing it didn't turn out that way. Melk definitely all Komatsu's, the future top chef with the the predecessor of the top knife making craftmens. That was hilarious how he just talks low, I laughed so hard when Melk thought his daughter was just being over-ally affectionate but in reality she was trying to hear him xD. To sum it down I would had never thought I be this fixated into a manga about food it keeps me interested weirdly.

Downsides of this manga for me so far are Ice Hell I thought that arc was dragged out too long lost interests in some parts and force myself to continue. A lot of times I skimmed through some of the dialogue especially the pages filled with tons of texts of material you can get to the point just by reading 1 or 2 sentences or hell just looking at the drawings.

Hoping Toriko get's a good power boost from this current arc and we get to see the gourmet world sooner than later. I'm with the guy who thinks Toriko+Sani+Coco+Zebaru+ Komatsu = Gourmet World. Zebaru easily and quickly becoming one of my fav characters from this manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Awesome awesome awesome. Loved the chapter! Can't wait to see what they do to this creature but Im pretty sure its rediculously strong since it drank all the cola, all Zebra and Toriko need is a sip and they would achieve a new level again! So was this monster the same one on the cloud island that was hunting them or something? Im kinda surprised by Zebras request though, I would have though he would respect what Toriko and him have and not try to steal him...
    No that was a different one, this one was clearly awaken by Komatsu indirectly when he bumped into the coffin or was it the water hitting the coffin that awaken it? Anyways seems this creature is real important to the plot since Acacia even recognized it and said to be help reach the ingredient God. Since we know the leader of those Bishokou's was a apprentice of Acacia they probably use those robots to try imitate those creatures to hopefully lead them to God.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    No that was a different one, this one was clearly awaken by Komatsu indirectly when he bumped into the coffin or was it the water hitting the coffin that awaken it? Anyways seems this creature is real important to the plot since Acacia even recognized it and said to be help reach the ingredient God. Since we know the leader of those Bishokou's was a apprentice of Acacia they probably use those robots to try imitate those creatures to hopefully lead them to God.
    Ahh, thank you much! Its a really interesting development with this "new" monster who has a certain degree of intelligence and knowledge. And im right there with you, I thought that a manga about food and cooking would be so boring and get old fast, but its not! Its all about a couple of guys who run around fighting, killing and then eating dangerous monsters under the guise of cooking and grocery shopping lol

Im sooo curious about what God is and how it tastes lol. And I want to see Komatsu tear through that cookbook and learn how to serve up some high level monters with his super knife. Id like to see Komatsu awaken his inner warrior and come join the fight with Zebra and Toriko, I just loved his intimidation character and I think the three of them could force back the monster at least long enough to not get killed and make it lose interest and go away. Acacia must have been a beast though in order for him to stalk this monster and still live, makes me want to see his disciples in action against high level monsters!

Can't wait for the next chapter!
    A pie in the sky?

Yeah for the longest time I didn't read Toriko because it was based on food but again I get proven wrong with judging a book by its cover.

Yeah Acacia definitely a beast, this bird monster looking thing something tells me it'll have some sort of transformation further down this story. Random shonenlikish guess yeah I know. Anyways I was really pissed off it drank the Mellow Cola after all of Zebura's and Toriko's and Komatsu's hard work to getting it. This monster truly deserves a beating for taking advantage of the situation.

Im going to guess thats where they got the gourmet cells from, this monster. So he can probably upgrade and change too. I wonder what purpose it plays in the Gourmet World and stuff, I originally was thinking it was like this ultimate balance-keeper that ate the dangerous ones who threatened to throw off the balance of the gourmet world, but then they said it just kills for no reason and is a eating machine, sooo... hmmm I miss the big wolf too lol, I want to see him again, and granny with her badass intimidation lol
    A pie in the sky?

Chapter 140 : "Joint Attack"

Enjoy!

Good chapter. I have a feeling that he will still be alive after this attack.

wow they fucked that beast up and it was still standing that speed of sound nail punch was sick i wonder if the bishokukai are gonna show up or at least get mentioned since the gt robos were clearly based off this little fellow!

I'd love to see tokiro and zabura eat the damn thing and then wash their mouth with some melo cola.

Back from a trip and happy to see you picked up the series Fenix.

It looks like Zebura will be a very recurring character from now on though, now i hope that the 4 with theyr respective pets will join as a team.
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic139471_1.gif
    Don't be a cocky bastard....check out Toriko! http://www.mangareader.net/349/toriko.html

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    toriko, zebra and komatsu as team together is are beastly, they annihilated that spinx and the birdman look a like gt robo.

I finally caught, zebra kinda reminds me of kempachi and toriko looks like goku in the face, theres also a lot of one piece refrences throughout the manga

did anyone else think melk was gay for a second lol