Thread: Fringe

If I told u I would have to kill u.....upps I just did, so, BEWARE OF THE DOG

Fringe

Hey the new tv show create by JJ Adams(LOST creator) and Tramsformers writters, the have been already two episodes and so far it has being good, though hard competence is coming its way. Any way guys check it out.

Fringe [new TV series]

So, there's a new TV series showing on FOX, created by J. J. Abrams, the same guy who brought us Lost and Alias. The show's title is called Fringe and, like the name suggests, the plot centers around fringe science, also called pseudo-science. From Wikipedia:

Fringe is a TV series co-created by J. J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. The series premiered on September 9, 2008 on FOX, CTV and A, and on the Nine Network in Australia on September 17, 2008. It will premiere in the United Kingdom in early October, 2008 on Sky1.

The series deals with a research scientist named Walter Bishop (described as "Frankenstein mixed with Albert Einstein" and portrayed by John Noble), his son Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson), and an FBI agent, Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv) who brings them back together. The show is described as a cross between The X-Files, Altered States, The Twilight Zone, Dark Angel.
    I saw the pilot episode and I have to say I find it rather interesting. I'm all set to watch the 2nd episode — in fact, I'm going to do so after this post. Now, I'm not a fan of J. J. Abrams — I lost interest in Lost at around the second season, and Alias never really interested me — but Fringe looks good. Bit of a a warning, though: Fringe is rather gruesome. If you don't have the stomach for things that will probably gross you out, don't watch.

I'm an X-Files fan (back when it was new and interesting; the later seasons sucked, IMHO), and the sci-fi in Fringe appeals to me. Soft sci-fi, though — there are no spaceships and whatnot here. In case any of you are wondering, fringe science refers to any field of study that is outside of mainstream science. The term is also occasionally applied to pseudo-science, the sort of kooky, mad-scientist type of stuff that you'd expect to read in the tabloids. Things like telepathy, teleportation, time travel, etc. I'm looking forward to this series.

Official website (possible spoiler warning): http://www.fox.com/fringe/

Woah, I'm surprised to see a thread about Fringe. Well, I watched the pilot chapter when it first came out (before the summer, if I'm not wrong), but I'm not following the episodes because I can't find any [english or spanish] subtitles. Since Fringe does contain a lot of weird psychologic and science vocabulary, I'm afraid I won't understand a shit about what's going on without the subs :S

Still, the pilot was way worse than Lost's pilot episode. Lost is just too great to be compared to any other of Abram's works

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Woah, I'm surprised to see a thread about Fringe. Well, I watched the pilot chapter when it first came out (before the summer, if I'm not wrong), but I'm not following the episodes because I can't find any [english or spanish] subtitles. Since Fringe does contain a lot of weird psychologic and science vocabulary, I'm afraid I won't understand a shit about what's going on without the subs :S

Still, the pilot was way worse than Lost's pilot episode. Lost is just too great to be compared to any other of Abram's works
    I agree that Lost pilot was better than Fringe, but I think it will be "interesting"

Btw the best JJ Abrams creation is without doubt "ALIAS"

Quote Originally Posted by Cub@n!T!co View Post
    I agree that Lost pilot was better than Fringe, but I think it will be "interesting"

Btw the best JJ Abrams creation is without doubt "ALIAS"
    i quit of seeing alias, because the TV station was alway changing tne schedule, but it was quite good, not great as Lost but good. I never found out the thruth behind the rambaldi thing!!!
    i'll give a try to fringe one of these days, now i'm too busy to watch so many series!

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

I saw it, I find the characters amusing, and the concept seems rather interesting. So i'll continue watching, even though I usually limit myself to FOX anyways.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Well, I've only seen the first ep but it seems to be good...I'll be behind by an episode until I decide to download it.

At first it seemed like kinda well written run of the mill mystery, action etc etc...but I got more interested when they introduced the pattern thingy and started talking about weird stuffs happening so yeah...

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I've heard good things about this program from people. I'm torn between waiting for it to broadcast over here or downloading it tonight when I get home
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Today's episode was in my opinion the best so far. the theory of the ghost line and how they are able to communicate through was great. I think it is great how the mystery touch from JJ is affecting the story, it gives a lil more than Lost used to but lets you even more engage. this show just pass to be one of my favorite. I also like the similarity to X Files, but with todays tech, it goes even more