Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    well i think that there not as close as one would think. here is how i like to think of it.
    i mean with zoro its like, your being intimidated by his murderous intent, your fearing him more than your intimidated by him. your facing the aura of death around him, its like your looking in to the eyes of the grim reaper.

with luffy its like your being intimidated by the sheer force of his soul and will. its like a pressure barring down on your head, your not really in fear but in shock in a way.

at least that how i think of it in my pinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm curious as to which direction Oda is going to explore now. Monet is defeated and gravely in danger of being killed by Shinokuni seeping into the room. I wander if Sanji will sense her perdicament and rush back and save her....But really, as so many angles to take following two weeks regarding Zoro vs Monet (which were great!) exist, is Oda going to give us a broad sweeping transition chapter that will update us on what else has been happening while Zoro's been going wild or will he just jump right into Luffy breaking through the floor and reuniting Kinemon and Momonosuke, Caesar laughing hysterically/growing mad about the necessary sacrifice that Monet just became, or Law and Smoker vs Vergo. Not to mention there is another handful of lesser angles to delve into and a few more undoubtedly yet to be presented. An interesting chapter nonetheless surely awaits us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    ^This. It is what happened.

It's just the same aura he gave off to the other Supernova when he was about to slaughter that Tenryuubito--It wasn't Haki then, like it's probably not now. As the chapter implies, Zoro is just "Beast"

Still can't defeat Luffy though. If Zoro is the beast, Luffy is the Beastmaster B-)
    Well, theoretically, the captain is supposed to be stronger than every member of the crew. But the thing about sword-fighters is: They just have to hit once to finish their opponent off. If Luffy hit Monet with Haki, she would have gotten a bruise. If Zoro had really have struck her down with Haki... Well, it's obvious, isn't it? And let's not forget: Since the two-year-timeskip, Zoro hasn't once had to go all out. But the fact that he was able to defeat a skilled Logia-user - and not just a show-off like Caribou - without using haki is impressive. And I am still not convinced that he really lost that eye. My money is on him having a hawk-eye there - that would be Kakashi-style.

People have been harping on about Zoro having CoC for a while, and it's not gonna happen. Otherwise Luffy knocking out 50,000 fishmen last arc would have been a bit pointless in showing development.

I'm talking about this chapter, and stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XN70obwxM

Zoro doesn't have CoC, he just has a ridiculous amount of killing intent, and is described as a wild animal/beast/monster by several people, most notably Ryuuma, who said he felt like he was facing a dragon again. This killing intent is what paralyzed Monet, along with the fact that if Zoro had used Haki, she would be dead. Pure fear. That's far more badass than CoC IMO, using psychological warfare against your opponent when you're so much more powerful then they are.

But epic fight. Glad to see Tashigi not being knocked out again, and glad to see a new technique from Zoro. But what I really want to know, is where the hell is Franky?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunners View Post
    People have been harping on about Zoro having CoC for a while, and it's not gonna happen. Otherwise Luffy knocking out 50,000 fishmen last arc would have been a bit pointless in showing development.

I'm talking about this chapter, and stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XN70obwxM

Zoro doesn't have CoC, he just has a ridiculous amount of killing intent, and is described as a wild animal/beast/monster by several people, most notably Ryuuma, who said he felt like he was facing a dragon again. This killing intent is what paralyzed Monet, along with the fact that if Zoro had used Haki, she would be dead. Pure fear. That's far more badass than CoC IMO, using psychological warfare against your opponent when you're so much more powerful then they are.

But epic fight. Glad to see Tashigi not being knocked out again, and glad to see a new technique from Zoro. But what I really want to know, is where the hell is Franky?
    And it all comes down to Dragonball Z, Super Sayajin-Mode...

Well, if you want to find signs for Zoro having the Haoushoku, you will definitely find them. Since Sovereign-Haki means people have problems to stay calm and concious while standing near people who possess that power, that has been obviously from the very beginning. But frankly: who cares? I really don't see the purpose of that power. Only those lose conciousness who are weak anyway, so it doesn't really help when you fight someone really strong. Or does anyone expect Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nico Robin or even Nami to lose conciousness? It is just a power to simply show off, if you ask me. And this "only one in a million is chosen to possess it"-thing, well, I remember Vegeta saying exactly that about Super-Sayajins (one Super-Sayajin in a 1000 years), until Son Gogu, Vegeta, Trunks, Son Gohan, Son Goten,... got it. And since it is safe to assume that about only one in a million become pirate to begin with, the whole crew might get it, and it would still be one in a million. And nobody would be surprised if Trafalgar Law, Marco the Phoenix, Diamond Jaws, Mihawk DuLacre had it.

And there is one thing: Why didn't Whitebeard use it when Ace was about to get killed? It's confirmed that Whitebeard possessed it (Ace as well, by the way, that enigma is even stranger!), yet he still didn't use it here?: http://www.mangapanda.com/103-43538-...apter-569.html And even if he was weakened, why didn't Boa Hancock?

The usage of this power is random at best. The only reason for Haki to exist is to even the playing field when it comes to Logia-users. And that is what I like about this chapter: Zoro defeated an opponent just by demonstrating that he could kill her anytime, but without hurting her. That's something only he can do. Not Luffy, and certainly not Sanji.
    Last edited by Lakritze; 11-03-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakritze View Post
    Well, theoretically, the captain is supposed to be stronger than every member of the crew. But the thing about sword-fighters is: They just have to hit once to finish their opponent off. If Luffy hit Monet with Haki, she would have gotten a bruise.
    One word: 'Hiken'.
    (Red Hawk) - Chapter 644, last page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakritze View Post
    And it all comes down to Dragonball Z, Super Sayajin-Mode...

Well, if you want to find signs for Zoro having the Haoushoku, you will definitely find them. Since Sovereign-Haki means people have problems to stay calm and concious while standing near people who possess that power, that has been obviously from the very beginning. But frankly: who cares? I really don't see the purpose of that power. Only those lose conciousness who are weak anyway, so it doesn't really help when you fight someone really strong. Or does anyone expect Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nico Robin or even Nami to lose conciousness? It is just a power to simply show off, if you ask me. And this "only one in a million is chosen to possess it"-thing, well, I remember Vegeta saying exactly that about Super-Sayajins (one Super-Sayajin in a 1000 years), until Son Gogu, Vegeta, Trunks, Son Gohan, Son Goten,... got it. And since it is safe to assume that about only one in a million become pirate to begin with, the whole crew might get it, and it would still be one in a million. And nobody would be surprised if Trafalgar Law, Marco the Phoenix, Diamond Jaws, Mihawk DuLacre had it.

And there is one thing: Why didn't Whitebeard use it when Ace was about to get killed? It's confirmed that Whitebeard possessed it (Ace as well, by the way, that enigma is even stranger!), yet he still didn't use it here?: http://www.mangapanda.com/103-43538-...apter-569.html And even if he was weakened, why didn't Boa Hancock?

The usage of this power is random at best. The only reason for Haki to exist is to even the playing field when it comes to Logia-users. And that is what I like about this chapter: Zoro defeated an opponent just by demonstrating that he could kill her anytime, but without hurting her. That's something only he can do. Not Luffy, and certainly not Sanji.
    We may haven't seen the true powers of CoC but what it does is not what regarded high or feared, it's the fact that anyone that has CoC ends up being a great pirate (or Marine though we haven't seen one from them). And not just great but REALLY GREAT pirate. WB, Shanks, Rayleigh.. all top tier. Boa and Luffy are bound to be up there too. That's what makes it scary. You'll know the person who has it will change the OP world.

There are a few factors why WB wasn't able to use CoC to help Ace. First off, he was hurt and was bothered by his wound. Second, he's still too far away from him. The way I see it, WB leans towards CoO more and his CoC may not have that big of a range compared to Shanks and Luffy.

Boa can't help Ace, she's fighting on the marines side remember? Helping Luffy with a few marines witnesses is one thing. Attracting the whole people towards to you is another.

Imo, Zoro can easily have CoC just purely basing on his goal. He may have it now but Oda might be modifying it a bit for him so it won't be the same with Luffy.

We might be seeing Caribo again. He's likely be working under Dofla.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post

We might be seeing Caribo again. He's likely be working under Dofla.
    Does seems likely. depending on when luffy and co will battle doflamingo & crew.
    Caribou is mad and evil enough to join him for sure.