• Average

2 9.52%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 4.76%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Paul,

I'd always thought the reason Isshin left SS was because of Ichigo. I'm sure there must be rules against having a child with a Quincy (enemy). I had always assumed Isshin was simply in hiding on earth. (Though I digress, previously it was because of Ichigo being his son, and not entirely of "what" Ichigo was.) (As Ichigo being a Quincy/Shinigami hybrid would likely have been killed had his existence been known about by SS)

Also, I thought it was mentioned earlier that the Quincies confronted Aizen to recruit him to their side in this conflict and he said, "yeah, no thanks guys, i'm good all bound up here for now."

Quote Originally Posted by jdblaze85 View Post
    Paul,

I'd always thought the reason Isshin left SS was because of Ichigo. I'm sure there must be rules against having a child with a Quincy (enemy). I had always assumed Isshin was simply in hiding on earth. (Though I digress, previously it was because of Ichigo being his son, and not entirely of "what" Ichigo was.) (As Ichigo being a Quincy/Shinigami hybrid would likely have been killed had his existence been known about by SS)

Also, I thought it was mentioned earlier that the Quincies confronted Aizen to recruit him to their side in this conflict and he said, "yeah, no thanks guys, i'm good all bound up here for now."
    I don't really know any better than you do, but there must have been a reason that Isshin lost his powers. Perhaps a pre-condition for SS allowing him to live on Earth was that he was no longer a Shinigami. It could also mean that the Kurosaki family has/had some pull or importance in SS, kind of like the Shihoin (Yoruichi Cat Girl) who used to be the Captain of 2nd Squad, and decided to leave just like that. I'm pretty sure people can't just resign from SS (as per Urahara).

The only thing we can say for certain is that there is a WHOLE BUNCH of revelation that Kubo might drop on us about Ichigo and his family. We always thought that his Paternal Lineage was interesting, and now we know that his maternal lineage may be just as interesting.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

Well, if I think about it. Aizen was completely uninterested in the previous Shinigami x Human hybrid (Ginjou), thus Ichigo had to be something else after all.

Hmmm, could it be that Ishin used FGT and Misaki used Final Quincy Form, while making the bet that if she lose, she will become Ishin's wife ?

@ thebulk, it's possible that Aizen actually has partially fused with his Zan (perhaps it takes time to fully fuse with it till the end and that's why Aizen is patiently waiting in the prison) and thus is able to freely use it's power to manipulate other being's senses to certain point, because he somehow, while being bandaged and without Zan, was able to alter Bach's perception of time... it's always possible that he simply used some mind trick to do it since he is supposed to be smart .
    Though we still don't know what aizen's status down there.... the image we saw from bach was from a flashback when the central 46 sentence aizen... kubo might still be thinking what to draw or what aizen's new look is hehe

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Let alone Ishida, I still can't understand how the Quincy were even Massacred by the Shinigami if they had these abilities to begin with. The best explanation I can come up with is Bach has his own powerful clan, only those with the same bloodline have access to those advance abilities.
    Yup.... cause it won't make sense why ishida can't use blut vene like ichigo even if his father didn't teach him if it is in his bloodline..... i remember also opie mentioning that he wanted to request his majesty to increase their blut.....maybe all this blut techniques comes from bach's bloodline and he can give his blood too his subordinates or pass down to his descendants

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    The Quincies decimated, but failed to destroy SS. What was the purpose of their attack, was it to secure Aizen?
    The purpose was 1st i think trying to recruit aizen as bach mentioned.... 2nd was to decimate SS for their primary goal to lure out the royal guard..

Double Troll, Aizen trolled from Jail... Kubo trolled with Ichigo being quincy, I saw that one coming though. I always knew there was something up with Ichigo's mother, but Kudo's to those long time "Ichigo's mom -> Quincy theorists". Also, why did Ichigo think he could stop the guy who just pawned Yamamoto when he was all beat up to begin with?
    Spoiler!

Unless I'm mistaken, Kubo once again outdid hisself by introducing the title of the chapter on the final page. Lol sometimes I wonder what's the use of a title for his chapters. Anyhow, pretty solid chapter, even if Ichigo's lineage yet again acquires another ethnic ingredient to his genetic melting pot of power and family secrets.

If his mother were full blood Quincy, then Ichigo is Half quincy.

This Raises a few questions:

If Ishida has always been a quincy, why can't he do Blut Vene? I mean Nobody need Blut Vene more than Ishida. The guys been Stabbed and Slashed more times than anybody else that I know of, and his Quincy memories (full blooded too) did not kick in to protect him?
    Well, Uryuu's dad always told him that he has no talent... well now we know why. lol
    But I do like the idea that Bach is a clan leader of a particularly powerful clan of quincies... whereas the Ishidas may be small bananas.

I don't think Juha Bach is saying that Ichigo is his own son. He specifically mentioned Ichigo's Mom afterall. If Ichigo's birth parents had been Quincies (Bach + His Mom) then Aizen's statements that Ichigo was part Shinigami and Part human would be completely false.

Bach calling Ichigo "Son" is in the Sense of a Patriach calling one of his Clansmen Son.
    I think this is along the correct line, Ichigo and Masaki are perhaps part of his "clan".

Finally, I'd like to see Ichigo descend into his inner world and talk to Zangetsu. I wonder now how the Changes Ichigo has experienced , Fullbring, Reiatsu of Captains, Quincy Reiatsu..., how would these have changed the appearance of his innerworld, and of Zangetsu himself.
    ^^^THIS THIS THIS.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I like all the implications this chapter brought up for the relationship between Isshin and Ryuken. Why Ryuken forbids Ishida from contact with shinigami, his lack of involvement thus far, and more or less disinterest with associating himself with quincies or their traditions/agendas really seem related to Misaki's relationship with Isshin.

My question for this chapter is this: Bach knew that Ichigo has quincy blood in him. He knew that sending a "pure" quincy to deal with him would allow not only for him to escape, but also empower him in the process. Ichigo being a crucial figure that requires special attention to in his plans, and seeing how strategic minded Bach is, how did he make such an oversight?

I don't really know any better than you do, but there must have been a reason that Isshin lost his powers.
    I think final getsuga tensho might be responsible partly or fully for the loss of his shinigami powers.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    My question for this chapter is this: Bach knew that Ichigo has quincy blood in him. He knew that sending a "pure" quincy to deal with him would allow not only for him to escape, but also empower him in the process. Ichigo being a crucial figure that requires special attention to in his plans, and seeing how strategic minded Bach is, how did he make such an oversight?
    Perhaps he didn't actually make a mistake in sending a pure quincy after Ichigo. It could have been a part of Bach's plan all along for Ichigo to gain quincy powers and then for him to reveal to Ichigo his quincy heritage to perhaps get him on his side, or if not, take him back and "re-educate" him anyway and have another powerful soldier either way. Him saying it was a mistake could have all been an act to get Ichigo interested and asking questions, it is after all easier to sway someone's opinion of you having them discover information for themselves rather than trying to explain your position to someone who is hell bent on killing your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    Perhaps he didn't actually make a mistake in sending a pure quincy after Ichigo. It could have been a part of Bach's plan all along for Ichigo to gain quincy powers and then for him to reveal to Ichigo his quincy heritage to perhaps get him on his side, or if not, take him back and "re-educate" him anyway and have another powerful soldier either way. Him saying it was a mistake could have all been an act to get Ichigo interested and asking questions, it is after all easier to sway someone's opinion of you having them discover information for themselves rather than trying to explain your position to someone who is hell bent on killing your ass.
    He probably meant by mistake is ichigo awakening earlier than he expected...... the mangastream translate it as that...... he knew ichigo would awaken his quincy powers somehow but not this early... not when he didn't capture him yet...... i'm sure he sent kirgie... expecting opie not to beat him but to lack him up in his cage..... and take him to VR..... he made a slight miscalculation about ichigo awakening through opie... he admit he was wrong maybe careless

Ok, beanpole guy reminded me of when Ichigo met byakuya in KT(same sword cut etc). So I see there being some big rivalry there. Also, Luke I'm you ........................... I still think he means grandson, cuz alot of old guys call younger men son. Now that could mean they are not related, but I seriously believe that they actually are related. I see some training with Ishida coming soon.

I find it kinda infuriating that Ichigo must have power from all the major factions in the story. Yes, It does help to fill pages in the manga and make more chapters, but It kinda makes the main character get kinda stale. Still, If its done right, I'm sold.