• Bring it on! Luffy will triumph over the stupid pigeon guy

48 88.89%
  • Rob Lucci pwns Luffy, revenge time!

3 5.56%
  • Both end up dead

3 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luffy V.S. Lucci. Round Two.

As pointless as this may seem, there is actually a point in posting this speculation thread.

What would be the outcome shall Luffy fight against Lucci once more with his current abilities?

Lucci failed to take Luffy seriously for a good portion of the battle. He held Rokuougan in reserve for the majority of the battle. Luffy won the battle by the barest of inches, relying upon surprise tactics such as the lucky Gear 3rd shot. Even the result of their previous battle was controversial. Luffy lost all his functions, only barely managed to stay conscious. Lucci lost consciousness, thereby losing.

Now that both Luffy and Lucci are acquitted with each individual's capabilities, how would a second battle turn out? I strongly suspect that Lucci may triumph, as Gear 3rd is essentially rendered useless.

Please leave a comment
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 08-02-2007 at 03:55 AM.

It was through a combination of luck, Lucci's cockiness, and desire to save Robin that Luffy defeated Lucci in the first place. If they were to fight again in all seriousness Lucci would be the victor, no doubt about it.

Every time Luffy defeats an enemy, he seems to get twice as strong as the last time he fought.

Luffy = win

Doubtlessly, Lucci would become stronger as well. Pity villains don't tend to reoccur.

Initiate
    I think Luffy can win against Luccy, maybe after Moria arc there will be new techniques from Luffy (Gear 4 maybe :p)

Luffy beat Lucci because he was stronger to begin with, end of story.

i'd say the same thing as sleepybones^^ well, he is constantly learning things..and i think he will elarn to control his gears a lot better in the near chapters^^
    "thy will be done"

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    It's all random speculation - Presumeably, Luffy would come up with some other way of beating him.

I also believe that Gear 3 is useless, however, now both of them know that.

I think you would have to explain the circumstances more. Is this a fresh, just ate 400 pounds of meat luffy against a fresh lucci? Lucci was obviously rested in the fight, while luffy had already done gear second against blueno and Gear 3rd to break down the door. The most he had for regaining of "strength" was 2 pot roast type things.

You also have to take into account that Tekkai, even lucci's tekkai which is the strongest of all of CP9's is useless against Gear 2nd. Maybe it was just me, but i noticed that Lucci was breathing awfully hard after using Rokuougan. It didn't seem like he would be able to just continually use it, although i would say that most likely, now being aware of luffy's innate abilities he would be more prone to using his trump card early. But once again, now luffy knows about that as well.

If it was totally fresh lucci against totally fresh Luffy, then i'm going to have to go with Luffy. Rokuougan is good and all, but if that's really all luffy has to worry about, and it seems to be, then i'm going to have to give the battle to luffy.
    Evil keeps life interesting

hmm...luffy keeps getting stronger throughout the series...who knows...but in my opinion i definitely think that luffy will pwn lucci