164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto

66 40.24%
  • FMA

98 59.76%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Fullmetal Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by QXY View Post
    Can't be helped, he needs to focus on some other areas on the plot that has to be developed rather then keep spending time on the secondary characters and getting nowhere with the storyline. It's too bad that you see the whole thing to be ridiculous after the itachi saga but I still see there is quiet a fair bit of details to look forward to (e.g. naruto's true potential with the kyubi powers, naruto's final duel with sasuke, the rikudo-senin, the jyubi ect)
    So let me get this straight your saying Kishi can't move his story with his characters? Plot goes down hill big time if toss your characters under the carpet that's a given for nearly any story. I don't see the whole thing to be ridiculous, I said the Sasuke bit got ridiculous after he beat Itachi. I'm willing to bet we will get a disappointing cliche ending with Naruto vs Sasuke at this point. Madara and Cloud Ninja and Naruto is pretty much what keeps me interest now. The 10 tails never really interest me. Another tail beast?! But this time it's all of them together!

I know, the first anime adaptation was SH*T. I hated it too. But brotherhood more than makes up for it.
    But I totally disagree your statement about FMA better at every department than naruto. I would still say, OVERALL I enjoyed naruto more than FMA.
    Although not by much, I still conclude naruto is the better of the two

(except maybe if kishi throws in an unexpectedly super crap ending at the end of the series, though I reckon it's unlikely)
    How Naruto ends might slightly make me put it above FMA, I doubt it though. It has to be some jaw dropping ending for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Well, to be fair, there were some manga scenes altered (for good or bad)/not shown in Brotherhood.
    Well One Piece Anime those that too along with many other on going animes. Because they don't want to spoil the manga entirely so they'll alter some scenes. Like almost all the major curbstomping scenes during the OP war arc in the anime were flipped.

@FenixMarco............... FMA is concluded, Naruto isn't. Too early to fairly compare IMO.

As for the rest, this may be the wrong forum for what I was thinking to say.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

^ I said nearly the same thing a few post's back. About FMA being a completed work and Naruto isn't. Naruto's on its last arc isn't it? So it's definitely not too early at this point, but yes still early.

I'll go for naruto!! solid naruto fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    So let me get this straight your saying Kishi can't move his story with his characters? Plot goes down hill big time if toss your characters under the carpet that's a given for nearly any story. I don't see the whole thing to be ridiculous, I said the Sasuke bit got ridiculous after he beat Itachi. I'm willing to bet we will get a disappointing cliche ending with Naruto vs Sasuke at this point. Madara and Cloud Ninja and Naruto is pretty much what keeps me interest now. The 10 tails never really interest me. Another tail beast?! But this time it's all of them together!
    Those are SECONDARY characters that I was talking about.
    The examples of fascinating background stories that I was referring to (rock lee, gaara, kakashi) are BACKGROUND stories.

e.g. rock lee = How he works harder than anyone during his childhood because he cannot use ninjutsu
    gaara = How he was betrayed by the only person who he thought cared for him
    kakashi = How the death of his best friend changes his perceptions on his comrades

Those are some nice pieces of work by the author but obviously the plot is not going to go anywhere if he keeps on dwelling on those bits. So no, the plot does not "go downhill" if he stops writing about those details. And kishi does not "toss his characters under the carpet" they are still very much involved with the main storyline (well, except for the dead ones e.g. jiraiya).

^ I said nearly the same thing a few post's back. About FMA being a completed work and Naruto isn't. Naruto's on its last arc isn't it? So it's definitely not too early at this point, but yes still early.
    Oops! Sorry I missed that part.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Fullmetal Alchemist

Those are SECONDARY characters that I was talking about.
    The examples of fascinating background stories that I was referring to (rock lee, gaara, kakashi) are BACKGROUND stories.

e.g. rock lee = How he works harder than anyone during his childhood because he cannot use ninjutsu
    gaara = How he was betrayed by the only person who he thought cared for him
    kakashi = How the death of his best friend changes his perceptions on his comrades

Those are some nice pieces of work by the author but obviously the plot is not going to go anywhere if he keeps on dwelling on those bits. So no, the plot does not "go downhill" if he stops writing about those details. And kishi does not "toss his characters under the carpet" they are still very much involved with the main storyline (well, except for the dead ones e.g. jiraiya).
    Yes those are characters in the story that were swept up under the carpet and now are unraveled from it all covered in dirt and dust because at this point it probably doesn't even matter what they do. Funny how you think that he needs to continue writing about those details. When the obvious answer is he doesn't and it wouldn't make sense. All he needed to do is not simply ignore them having them in tee bits with Naruto's plot progression isn't that hard to accomplish. He introduces these great characters early in the story with so much potential and none of them are giving any justice. Lee and Nenji are examples of that. I can understand Gaara being from another village and shit and Kakashi older generation. What did they get? To fight shadows of themselves during the Akatsuki battle?

Yes those are characters in the story that were swept up under the carpet and now are unraveled from it all covered in dirt and dust because at this point it probably doesn't even matter what they do. Funny how you think that he needs to continue writing about those details. When the obvious answer is he doesn't and it wouldn't make sense.
    Dude, you are confused... You're saying that I think he should continue writing about those details?

Have a read again what I said previously:
    "Those are some nice pieces of work by the author but obviously the plot is not going to go anywhere if he keeps on dwelling on those bits. So no, the plot does not "go downhill" if he stops writing about those details."

Hope that clear things up.

All he needed to do is not simply ignore them having them in tee bits with Naruto's plot progression isn't that hard to accomplish. He introduces these great characters early in the story with so much potential and none of them are giving any justice. Lee and Nenji are examples of that. I can understand Gaara being from another village and shit and Kakashi older generation. What did they get? To fight shadows of themselves during the Akatsuki battle?
    I never felt that those characters (Lee, Neiji) were meaninglessly ignored. Kishi decided to use NEW characters (e.g. sai, suigetsu, karin, jugo, pein, killerbee) to move along with naruto's plot progression. It is the author's choice, and I think it is completely fine and does not bury the older secondary characters (we still see them from time to time) under the carpet like you claim.
    So cheers to each of our own opinions then.....

I think we are getting off topic btw, this thread is about COMPARING naruto and fma so I guess I'll stop here.
    Last edited by QXY; 04-20-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Dude, you are confused... You're saying that I think he should continue writing about those details?

Have a read again what I said previously:
    "Those are some nice pieces of work by the author but obviously the plot is not going to go anywhere if he keeps on dwelling on those bits. So no, the plot does not "go downhill" if he stops writing about those details."

Hope that clear things up.
    My bad read it wrong.

I never felt that those characters (Lee, Neiji) were meaninglessly ignored. Kishi decided to use NEW characters (e.g. sai, suigetsu, karin, jugo, pein, killerbee) to move along with the naruto's plot progression. It is the author's choice, and I think it is completely fine and does not bury the older secondary characters under the carpet (we still see them from time to time) like you claim.
    So cheers to each of our own opinions then.....

I think we are getting off topic btw, this thread is about COMPARING naruto and fma so I guess I'll stop here.
    Are you serious with this? Do you want me to point it out specifically? How many gaps of chapters they had little to no story screen time and when they did they literally just stood in a background and did/said nothing. New characters coming into the story isn't even a excuse for it I won't go on into comparing manga's with that I know you see the point. Well this author's choice will change my opinion for good or worse with it's ending.