Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_atom_5 View Post
    so overall Anime or Manga? Which is better?
    Got to be the manga. Have you ever heard that anime adaptations are better then the original manga? Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan
    Manga to me, is always the better option to take.. Anime is only to listen to soundtracks and hear the voices of the characters.. ^^ Oh! And see them in colour..
    I agree, that's why I listen to a lot of anime songs but don't watch a lot of them^^

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

For me the best is manga because you don't have to stand to the fillers and for me there is more drama in turning the page to know what happen next.

true, true, thanks a lot for the advice. And I would have to agree that the manga always kicks butt, I only tend to watch Anime to see what they've done with some of the better fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyki Mikk Kyou View Post
    Got to be the manga. Have you ever heard that anime adaptations are better then the original manga? Not for me.
    I don't know whether it counts but the Fullmetal Alchemist anime was quite good.. Albeit a different flow from the manga, but they didn't butcher it that bad.. The whole plot of the anime made sense and was quite good overall..

Thing is, I've no objection to anime.. Usually what I do is that, when I want to start a new series, I watch the anime first.. Then, if I find it worthy, I'll pick up the manga and be even more pleased with it! ^^ Such is the pitiful life of mine..

Ah well~

the way I tend to do things is to, watch the anime, and keep watching if its good. Then I'll check out the even better source material, get as far ahead as possible, then turn back to the anime, which will be lame and repetitive and full of fillers, at which point I'll be living of weekly releases and will be going nuts with boredom. the whole reason I'm going with D.Gray-Man, what with Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, going slug like and trapped in fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post
    I don't know whether it counts but the Fullmetal Alchemist anime was quite good.. Albeit a different flow from the manga, but they didn't butcher it that bad.. The whole plot of the anime made sense and was quite good overall..

Thing is, I've no objection to anime.. Usually what I do is that, when I want to start a new series, I watch the anime first.. Then, if I find it worthy, I'll pick up the manga and be even more pleased with it! ^^ Such is the pitiful life of mine..

Ah well~
    I hate the plotline of animated FMA. I still watch some random, not famous anime (like Kiba, samurai 7...) but the anime adaptations are like 90% bad to me.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

I would have to agree, the manga is where its at, it is the overall best version for getting into the characters and story, plus you can traverse it at your own pace. Please remember though this is a D.Gray-man thread not a FMA. If anyone who is really familiar with both the anime and manga could list things, like which episodes are fillers that would be great. Wikipedia tends to lack a bit of D.Gray-man info.

Well, I can tell you that after they meet Krory, nearly all the episodes are fillers or reverse novel stuff. There are some fillers before that too. And of course, there are minor differences in other things. But from what I'm seeing, it looks like the anime and manga will end differently. Especially since the anime is only supposed to have 52 episodes and the manga looks like it'll be going on for a much longer time. I'd list more stuff, but they'd count as spoilers.

............ err.. yeah......

I'd wished D.Gray-Man had gotten a better animation studio....it deserved so much more than that. Dx The anime goes from good, okay, or bad to me. It really doesn't excite me as much as the manga.
    Overall Manga all the way.

More at
    My Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by dark_atom_5 View Post
    If anyone who is really familiar with both the anime and manga could list things, like which episodes are fillers that would be great. Wikipedia tends to lack a bit of D.Gray-man info.
    well here's this,

episodes 1-13 follow the manga (in a slightly different order)

14-18 are filler and event that do not happen in the manga.

19-24 follow the manga.

24-28 are filler events, though there are some details that follow the manga.

29-30 are a story in the reverse novel 1; though, according to the manga, this story takes place before the 1st chapter of the manga.

31-32 are filler

33-34 are also a reverse novel 1 story.

35-38 are filler

39 is like chapter 44 /45 (not sure on the number) with slight differences.

40-43 are events that never happened in the manga.

i might be off at some parts, but whatever...so who wants to edit the wiki. i sure don't.