Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dai Gurren Dan

Hybrid View

Dai Gurren Dan

Yes, I'm aware there was already another fanclub for this but Jink is off luring little kids into his van and most of the members of that club are gone now so it's the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Fanclub REBORN!. I'll be stealing some of their info though.

Alternative title:
    天元突破グレンラガン, Tengen Toppa Guren Ragan (Japanese)
    Break-Through Heaven Gurren Lagann (English)

Genres: Shōnen | Adventure | Comedy | Mecha | Sci-fi

Number of Episodes: 19

Vintage: 2007-04-01
    Synopsis
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann takes place in a fictional far future where human beings have been forced underground and thrive in isolated subterranean civilizations. These "villages" have no contact with the surface world nor other villages. Since frequent earthquakes damage infrastructure, the villages must constantly expand deeper into the earth — individuals designated to this task are known as "diggers".

Jiiha Village is the home of Simon, a fourteen year old digger who was orphaned when his parents were killed in an earthquake. He is respected by the village elder as the best of the diggers, but is ostracized by his peers. After discovering a special drill key deep in the ground, he is recruited by an eccentric fellow orphan named Kamina into his group, the "Gurren Brigade". Kamina dreams of the surface world, which he visited as a child with his father but had to return home because he was too weak to survive.

After a failed attempt at reaching the surface, Kamina is jailed by the elder and Simon resumes digging, only to discover "a big face" deep in his tunnel. As he excitedly fetches Kamina to show him the discovery, he is caught by the village elder, but Kamina's punishment is interrupted by the ceiling of Jiiha Village collapsing as an enormous robot falls into the cavern. A fourteen year old girl named Yoko appears and tries to fight the robot with a large rifle, but initially cannot do much. Simon takes Kamina and Yoko to the "big face" he found earlier and discovers that the small drill key can be used to activate the small robot which he uses to end up destroying the much larger robot and effectively break through to the surface.

It is on the surface that Simon and Kamina discover that there are more large robots known as Gunmen piloted by "Beastmen" that terrorize the surface dwellers during the day. Simon and Kamina help Yoko and her village destroy three more Gunmen and Kamina takes one for himself, naming it Gurren. Eventually, Simon and Kamina decide that they will go on a journey to end the constant struggle between Beastmen and humans. Simon and Kamina are initially accompanied by Yoko and a mechanic from Yoko's village named Leeron as they head out to find the Beastmen's Human Eradication Army main head-quarters.
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Brigade Leaders:

Kamina: Asce
    Simon: Arisato-Kun
    Kittan: damnz
    Rossiu: [Cross]
    Leeron: RedneckNoob
    Captain Garlock: Veleon

Brigade Members:

Boota: RyuSensei
    Viral: abcdefghijkLOL
    Lagann: Mikessc88
    Nia: Arhazivory
    Lord Genome: Guy
    Dai Gurren: SplitSecondShot

OFFICIAL BRIGADE AMV:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKGpCmvGTwU

Work in progress.
    Last edited by Asce; 09-18-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Woah... PUT ME IN!

I'm in as well.

The Devil's Way
    I'm in. Yoroshiku.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Yes, yes and yes. I'm definitely in. Since Asce is pretty much our Kamina I wanna be Simon. >_>

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Well, if we're gonna take roles; I would be Kittan, of course

I dunno if we're going to do it that way...if you guys want to, I guess we can. (IE, respond to this post with your opinion)

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

i wanna be in

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    You know my opinion on the matter Aniki. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

i'll join... please?

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List