Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar

New Gundam Series Announced

Just read this article on MAL:

According to Monthly Gundam A magazine, a new Gundam series was announced. The title has not been given yet. The main Mobile Suit is RX-78-7, the unknown 7th RX-78 MS. The story takes place in UC0081 and it's about the battles between a federal special team "Phantom Sweep" and the remaining Zion "Invisible Knights".

The mechanic designer is Katoki Hajime ("Mobile Suit Gundam Wing", "Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ") and the character designer is Suzuki Ryuuya (Mechanic art director of "GaoGaiGar"). This is a special project to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Gundam series.

Source: Scan of Gundam A http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...k/11161502.jpg

Source: Scan of Gundam A 2 http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...5401360404.jpg

All those fans that were hoping for a Gundam Unicorn series are probably greatly disappointed. Personally, I'm excited for it but I wonder....doesn't UC have enough series in its timeline? I think it'd be cool if they did a new series in AC or even FC. Also I think the Gundam looks kinda plain. Though the RX-78 is one of my fav Gundam designs this one just seems kinda meh.....

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I've never really been a fan of the RX-78. I've always thought it was too plain, but with katoki hajime designing the mechs I really like the way he changed it and I'm bound to enjoy the rest of them.

As for them setting this series in the Universal Century, at this point I kind of think that the UC is overplayed.

Aww man. :-S I'm still hooked up with 00. I think that they've had too much for the UC series.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Aww man. :-S I'm still hooked up with 00. I think that they've had too much for the UC series.
    HALLELUJAH to that.... i feel that uc series has played itself out....

Quote Originally Posted by xzero20 View Post
    HALLELUJAH to that.... i feel that uc series has played itself out....
    I'd love to see him more in the remaining episodes of 00. Season 3 anyone?

ive never seen the UC series so ill be looking forward to it.

pouring like an avalanche, coming down the mountain
    i for one am quite happy to hear about this one. i have enjoyed a great deal of the series outside of the Universal Century, but i'm never really terribly interested in the premise/setting of these shows, something they always need to spend considerable time on when starting a new timeline.

on the other hand, the timing of this seems a little off... and i have my doubts about this entire thing. where are the hard facts?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-ace-manga-mag

it all is declared with plenty of authority, but i'm a skeptic...

The Earth has great beauty. The animals known as humans have acquired such strength that they even think about controlling this planet for themselves. From the point of a planet's life, the life of a living thing lasts no more than an instant. But, in the end, it is only themselves that humans can think of.

I've always enjoyed the UC timeline because unlike the other bullshit it was just normal human beings doing awesome shit. I'm lookin' forward to some more UC love. I've recently been going back through and watching the UC shows, OVAs, and movies in chronological order to refresh my knowledge of it.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan