Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoors View Post
    Sounds reasonable enough. Fans have theorized since the beginning of Part II that "the jutsu" Jiraiya warns Naruto not to use was Hiraishin, and now Naruto seems to think it is possible to use "that jutsu" with the power of Senjutsu. If Naruto *is* talking about Hiraishin, its possible that his father used it as well. There are some problems in talking about this, of course. One is simply that its nothing but speculation at this point. Another is the existence of apparently contradictory evidence - we've seen the 4th Hokage use Hiraishin, during Kakashi Gaiden. He wasn't sporting any of the mutations characteristic of Senjutsu use, and its noted that even Jiraiya, the current Toad Sage, can't use Senjutsu without transforming a little bit.

Of course, that could simply mean that Minato Namikaze was *that much* better than Jiraiya. It is very probable that the person who signed the Toad Contract before Naruto was his own father; maybe Jiraiya intended for his first student to succeed him as the Toad Sage from the beginning.
    nope... in kakashi gaiden we don't see minato use the hirashin... he used shunshin to save kakashi ass (and rin said about how awesome was sensei shunshin)
    we only see minato began the technique but from behind
    if he change like naruto, it will be almost unnoticeable

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page010.html
    Last edited by silverkiller; 09-10-2008 at 03:50 PM.

that was obvious to me that minato was trained by the toads... Like father like son, and sasuke is following itachi powers... all adds up for a show down between the 2... Senjutsu is the only thing ill put in doubt the name "senjutsu"

Itachi and Sasuke are my favorite characters ever created in a anime.

"Thank you to all the writers, drawers and translator that brings us a new Naruto chapter every week. I thank you all, for all your hard work. It is in my opinion the best anime serie ever created. Domo Arigato gosaimasu! Jamata Raishu!"

Quote Originally Posted by slavkovski View Post
    does anyone notice that the old frog says that "only jiraiya the one who closed enough in mastering the sage art"??
    maybe minato don't reach jiraiya level, but who know, maybe he was able to use it at lessened extension

Quote Originally Posted by silverkiller View Post
    maybe minato don't reach jiraiya level, but who know, maybe he was able to use it at lessened extension
    Or it could be possible that the sage toads or even Jiraiya taught Minato the basics of senjutsu, and weren't aware of his progress as Minato could've created his own senjutsus. He could've fully mastered it and prolly told Jiraiya who forgets to inform the toad sages cause he didn't think it necessary.

We know for sure that Minato had signed the toad contract as well, so it's not very far-fetched that he could've learned senjutsu as well. Another thing, since the databook says that Minato wanted to fight Jiraiya the most, maybe minato hid his senjutsu capabilities from Jiraiya in order for him to showcase em and surprise Jiraiya in their friendly duel but he died before he could do that. There's tons of possibilities, but still a good theory, makes sense. You are truly the best theorizer on these forums. The part about Minato being able to offset kyubi's chakra and split it, it would make sense that he had access to another comparable chakra source to be able to seal the kyubi.
    Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 09-14-2008 at 03:37 AM.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

i just think minato not using the sage technique... but he just using other technique plus his genius-ness... just like why the 3rd hokage are considered the strongest hokage alongside minato..
    "Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."
    "Knowledge is power"

a.k.a Action Bastard Bushido Brown's Avatar
    another great theory

I agree that he was probably trained in the sage arts but I don't think it gave him the FTG. The way Kakashi talks about the FTG after their encounter with Madra, I think that the FTG is a Kekkei Genkai or a special move that only Yodiame could do. You might be right about the modification to the reverse summoning though.
    The next Generation of perverted ninjas is fully prepared to take their place. The line of the Toad Master will never fail as long as there is a will of fire. Rest In Peace Jiraiya-sama, this world and Tsunade were not good enough for you.

I am as far beyond you fanboys as you are above the humans.

Samurai Champloo & Raikiri too

slavkovski already said what I think. Jiraiya was said to be closest, so Minato couldn't have fully mastered it.

a.k.a Action Bastard Bushido Brown's Avatar
    you cant really take what the toad said about jiaraya being the closes one to master it. I find that anything with minato is surrounded by mystery and its like no one wants to tell naruto that the 4th is his father thats pretty strange to me

Well jiraya could master senjutsu after the death of his student who he couldn't save ? - it could be the motivation for his senjutsu training -we see the pick of jiraya (who mastered senjutsu) in his frog hermit uniform so it could be like 10 year's from now when he mastered it, besides it was stated that jiraya left the village for couple years...some say that to stop orochimaru but he was fighting him and he couldn't stop him so this could be another reason for him to get power up (senjutsu)...

...and there probably wasn't time to train minato because of war, he himself didn't have the senjutsu at that time because of it(I think)... and that's why he was able to master it only at time of peace and that's why the PA frog sayed that he was the best senjutsu master ever lived...