Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Senior Member master.roly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    365
    i agree with greed-sama. it seems more like some kind of MS genjutsu but not Tsukuyomi. besides, when he performed it on the 8tails he wasnt in the genjutsu like it normally is with Tsukuyomi, it seemed more like a binding genjutsu.

  2. #12
    Senior Member master.roly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I think he was trapped in Tsukuyomi however I do not think he broke out of it for the reasons Killer bee said.

    - I too have pointed out the fact that Kakashi clearly stated to Chiyo that Tsukuyomi is not like normal Genjutsu that there is no canceling the effects.

    - The real reason he was able to break out of it is simply because Sasuke lost eye contact.

    - If you notice Killer bee was in mid flight when Sasuke activated MS
    so it was more gravity and motion that broke it.

    - Normally Tsukuyomi is activated and used on a non moving target to maximize effectiveness.

    - You remember even Kakashi had a hard time using his MS justu on a moving target and could not use it effectivly.


    Killer Bee may have believed he broke out on his own but in reality it would make more sense that Sasuke only had a few seconds to apply it then broke eye contact as Killer bee flew past him.

    good theory, could be.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    If it weren't Tsukiyomi that Sasuke used, there would have been no reason for him to use one eye to do the genjutsu.

  4. #14
    Senior Member master.roly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    If it weren't Tsukiyomi that Sasuke used, there would have been no reason for him to use one eye to do the genjutsu.
    like i said, i do think it's an MS technique, just not Tsukuyomi.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Greed-sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I think he was trapped in Tsukuyomi however I do not think he broke out of it for the reasons Killer bee said.

    - I too have pointed out the fact that Kakashi clearly stated to Chiyo that Tsukuyomi is not like normal Genjutsu that there is no canceling the effects.

    - The real reason he was able to break out of it is simply because Sasuke lost eye contact.

    - If you notice Killer bee was in mid flight when Sasuke activated MS
    so it was more gravity and motion that broke it.

    - Normally Tsukuyomi is activated and used on a non moving target to maximize effectiveness.

    - You remember even Kakashi had a hard time using his MS justu on a moving target and could not use it effectivly.


    Killer Bee may have believed he broke out on his own but in reality it would make more sense that Sasuke only had a few seconds to apply it then broke eye contact as Killer bee flew past him.
    That makes a lot of sense, but remember Tsukuyomi lasts less than a second in the real world, Itachi was talking to Kakashi and before he even finished his sentence Kakashi felt the full effects.
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

    Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I think he was trapped in Tsukuyomi however I do not think he broke out of it for the reasons Killer bee said.

    - I too have pointed out the fact that Kakashi clearly stated to Chiyo that Tsukuyomi is not like normal Genjutsu that there is no canceling the effects.

    - The real reason he was able to break out of it is simply because Sasuke lost eye contact.

    - If you notice Killer bee was in mid flight when Sasuke activated MS
    so it was more gravity and motion that broke it.

    - Normally Tsukuyomi is activated and used on a non moving target to maximize effectiveness.

    - You remember even Kakashi had a hard time using his MS justu on a moving target and could not use it effectivly.


    Killer Bee may have believed he broke out on his own but in reality it would make more sense that Sasuke only had a few seconds to apply it then broke eye contact as Killer bee flew past him.
    Or, that trying to use a genjutsu on a fully realized (probably the most powerful we have seen) Jinchuuriki is not gonna work, no matter how powerful your genjutsu is. As a Jinchuuriki you are 2 minds in one body, if one is locked away until called it is not going to be affected by something that requires eyes to use and can instantly break out. (He gets 2 Will saves and one of them gets a really big bonus).
    I am an artist, and my medium is death. I'm about to create my masterpiece :s



    Fan of the Rasengan Doujutsu theory, even though it's dead. Although, he does have the special Uzumaki clan blood.

    Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    Because he's the hero the shinobi world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Naruto.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Greed-sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    844
    Plus for one more argument every time Tsukuyomi has been used it has shown what is going on in the illusion. When it happened to Kakashi, when it happened to Sasuke, and when it happened to Sasuke AGAIN at the Itachi vs Sasuke final fight. So why would they all of a sudden not show whats going on in the illusion and just have it pretty much be like "/boom/ there it happened are you happy?"
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

    Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

  8. #18
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed-sama View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, but remember Tsukuyomi lasts less than a second in the real world, Itachi was talking to Kakashi and before he even finished his sentence Kakashi felt the full effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    Or, that trying to use a genjutsu on a fully realized (probably the most powerful we have seen) Jinchuuriki is not gonna work, no matter how powerful your genjutsu is. As a Jinchuuriki you are 2 minds in one body, if one is locked away until called it is not going to be affected by something that requires eyes to use and can instantly break out. (He gets 2 Will saves and one of them gets a really big bonus).
    There is a point to what both of you are saying, however take this info into consideration.

    Straight out of the New databook XD

    Itachi Uchiha: Nin 5 - Tai 4.5 - Gen 5 - Int 5 - Str 3.5 - Spe 5 - Sta 2.5 - Seal 5 = 35.5

    Sasuke: Nin 5 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 4 - Int 3.5 - Str 3.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 4 = 31.5

    Sasuke is not as skilled at using Genjutsu as Itachi is which may also be a factor involved


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  9. #19
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    It was clearly Tsukuyomi. Reason we didn't see the full effects of the illusion was because it happened way too fast, and Kishi wanted the surprise factor when killerbee breaks free. Itachi used Tsukuyomi from his left eye, and Ameterasu from his right. Sasuke's case is opposite now because Ameterasu during Itachi's trap was supposed to activate soon as the eye saw Madara's sharingan, Sasuke's left eye caught glimpse of Madara's sharingan first since he was facing him that way. So then he uses Tsukuyomi on his right now, opposite of Itachi's. It would make alot more sense if he used his jutsus one by one, Tsukuyomi first, Ameterasu, then Susanoo. And I would take killerbee's words seriously, that genjutsu won't work on a jinchuriki who has full control of his bijuu. Only way that naruto can defeat Tsukuyomi is by mastering to control the kyubi. The bijuu wants to survive, soon as it sees the host caught in something that would end it's own life, it reacted instantly.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Rasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,379
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    There is a point to what both of you are saying, however take this info into consideration.

    Straight out of the New databook XD

    Itachi Uchiha: Nin 5 - Tai 4.5 - Gen 5 - Int 5 - Str 3.5 - Spe 5 - Sta 2.5 - Seal 5 = 35.5

    Sasuke: Nin 5 - Tai 3.5 - Gen 4 - Int 3.5 - Str 3.5 - Spe 4.5 - Sta 3.5 - Seal 4 = 31.5

    Sasuke is not as skilled at using Genjutsu as Itachi is which may also be a factor involved
    just remember that the stat was before sasuke got MS


    Props to Ravona for Ava & Sig

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
    WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT NARUTO!?! THE MANGA IS CALLED SASUKE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •