Thread Killer

gun to the face bleach

Ok so I didn't mind Ichigo having a few power ups. I mean he had a hollow inside of him, sure. He gets control over it and starts using his mask, and he can go berserk and open a can. He also has his zampakuto which gives him power and he ultimately gains a powerful fusion. I GET IT. GREAT STORY.

Skip forward and Ichigo loses his power. So he has to learn a new one? I don't get it but I guess if the story must go on. Eventually he gets all his powers back and apparently is just as strong if not stronger than before for NO REASON. However, he gets overpowered by some new badass to which Ichigo replies "I've got Quincy shit now, BIOTCH!" DUMB. DUMBER AND DUMBEST.

So we've got how many years of this manga left? The only thing left to do is either A: Ichigo makes up a new power that only he can use because he created it out of the dreams of kittens, or B: Ichigo explodes.

Lets count the abilities of Ichigo.

1. Human
    2. Shinigami
    3. Hollow
    4. Full Bringer
    5. Quincy

FUCK THAT. Why don't you just learn some new abilities from Zangetsu. Isn't that what he's for? How about some character progression? All we ever see from Ichigo is screaming and more screaming and then some crying which later gives him a power-up through more screaming.

I'm letting this series stew for a couple months before I bother reading it again.

Well, be positive, you can always make a nice excuses for those things in bleach, because really, they will not be explained, or at least not so soon, thus you can enjoy the story more by coming up with a nice ideas that will feel empty holes... still, they might be left empty till the end, but who cares, it's actually part of the fun to search and fill those holes ...

For example, IIRC, in one of the interviews Kubo mentioned that Ichigo actually was never able to draw out his spiritual power to the max (you can even notice that FGT was incomplete - his left arm wasn't fully covered by it) and simply draws more, the stronger his enemy is/the more he needs it. The problem is that Ichigo is unable to allocate that power. that's why it's unused. He is still young, he was barely a Shinigami for like 2 years and he already is above most captains, so it's not surprising that he simply isn't able to tap into his full potential, when other genius-like fighters needed at least a few hundreds of years to perfect their abilities to a nice level.

To cover that up, rather than accumulating hundreds years of experience (with the meditation training and FGT, he supposedly was able to tap into his potential which he would naturally reach in about 1000 years, or so Ishin's words imply), he relocates that power to other classes, that need less experience than his base class, to level up, thus thanks to this he is actually able to use more of his true power. Still those classes need experience as well, but since they start from the beginning, they do not need much, especially with Ichigo's skills in learning that surpasses any kind of genius seen in SS as well as HM and HR.

In short, in time, he could put all of his potential into being a Shinigami, but dispersing his power to other classes (which he is unable to put into one class, at least currently), would make him stronger far quicker .

I know it's sound a little RPG-ish, but at least it is some kind of explanation.

BTW. One of Kenpachi's flaws, is that he is unable to sense his and others powers accurately, thus he allows the enemy to strike first and simply tries to reach a level of power were they are able to cut up each other more or less (although he doesn't lower his power below a certain point)... in other words, Kenpachi can be defeated by instantaneously rising your power level while performing an attack... actually this is how Kubo explained Ichigo owning Kenpachi in SS arc, from what I remember .

The Series is ending, if I were in Kubo's shoes, I would find a really good explanation for Ichigo's power-ups.

I would get the Soul King or Squad zero involved, have them acting through Urahara (BTW, he's seen the Soul King, so he may have had contact with Squad Zero). I would use Ichigo as the catalyst to redefine SS as a place where all classes of beings are welcome and have a part in shaping the direction of the afterlife.

The soul king is said to have abdicated his position and left for another dimension, perhaps out of dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs where Shinigmi fought Hollows, hollows killed humans, Quincy humans destroyed hollows, and Shinigamis acted like imperial masters to everyone else. Since Ichigo is part Human, Part Shinigami, Part Hollow, and probably Part Quincy, there would be no better candidate than he for the role of a unifier, who could project the soul king's vision of the spiritual and material worlds than he.

If I were Kubo, this would be how I'd tie up the series and at the same time create a good reason for Ichigo's power ups.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Honestly, since the revelation of Aizen's involvement in Ichigo's development I've attributed his unnatural and seemingly unlimited growth to Aizen's and a few other character's actions. There's also some theories I have about humans being truly free of the same restrictions on evolution that shinigami and hollow have but I'll do that in some other time. I'm just saying, it's been established through the story that his powers reflect the experiences he learns and grows from. It might have to do with him being human.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Thread Killer
    Oh right. Everything Ichigo ever learned was because of Aizen. How could I forget.

BTW Ichigo is actually the Soul King reincarnated and Aizen is his brother who happens to be really really jealous. Aizen was actually trying to kill Ichigo this whole time and let him win every fight just so to show him how well he could manipulate this situation.

BUT Ichigo is actually his dad from another time that went back in time to sleep with Aizen's mother who was sent to the future to get away from Aizen going back in time to actually kill his own mother to prevent the Soul King from being resurrected and by doing this he actually failed and had to send a hollow through a parallel time portal to kill his mother so that he wouldn't die but wouldn't also kill Ichigo so that he might get stronger and allow Aizen to make stronger arrancar-hollow that could go through time FASTER and ultimately kill Ichigo's mother before Aizen would even think about killing his own mother.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Approx01 View Post
    Oh right. Everything Ichigo ever learned was because of Aizen. How could I forget.

BTW Ichigo is actually the Soul King reincarnated and Aizen is his brother who happens to be really really jealous. Aizen was actually trying to kill Ichigo this whole time and let him win every fight just so to show him how well he could manipulate this situation.

BUT Ichigo is actually his dad from another time that went back in time to sleep with Aizen's mother who was sent to the future to get away from Aizen going back in time to actually kill his own mother to prevent the Soul King from being resurrected and by doing this he actually failed and had to send a hollow through a parallel time portal to kill his mother so that he wouldn't die but wouldn't also kill Ichigo so that he might get stronger and allow Aizen to make stronger arrancar-hollow that could go through time FASTER and ultimately kill Ichigo's mother before Aizen would even think about killing his own mother.
    That is utterly ridiculous and nonsensical. Aizen would have killed off Ichigo's grandmother to prevent Ichigo's and his own birth but he'll be resurrected by the hogyoku he sent to the past and then he'll- aww fuck it this actually makes sense.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...