Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    How do you know that, you never seen Ukitake's released zanpakuto in action before? And Hisagi's one neither. Just by looking at a weapon in a manga doesn't mean you know exactly how the weapon is going to be used (maybe in real life, but not in manga). So you can't judge that Sougyo No Kotoware is connected merely for aesthatic reasons...

We'll find out soon wether TK just made an error or he'll prove one or both of us wrong (at least I hope it's one of the last two)

I thought Yami was stating that they had the only two twin SWORDS not weapons. I could be wrong though.

Its just a statement a senile old man made ..

Why the fuss about "Omg yamamoto said there were only 2 paired ......... "

I find it hard to understand why such small issues; inconsistencies come to hand, sure he did say it, maybe its just a mistake .. .
    Why put so much thought into and make like arguments bout' it ?

I thought this thread would go into what kinda abilities his shikai would have ...
    Zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by newkidz View Post
    Its just a statement a senile old man made ..

Why the fuss about "Omg yamamoto said there were only 2 paired ......... "

I find it hard to understand why such small issues; inconsistencies come to hand, sure he did say it, maybe its just a mistake .. .
    Why put so much thought into and make like arguments bout' it ?

I thought this thread would go into what kinda abilities his shikai would have ...
    Zzzzz
    What do you mean fuss, its just a debate about Kubo being consistent with the manga whats the problem in having a discussion about it? If it doesn't concern you/goes beyond your comprehension, well too bad for you your highness...

If your curious about what his shikai abilities are, well then make your own thread, and start fantasising about them lol

Hmm... let my quote my post from the discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by onepinksheep View Post
    Evidence isn't very useful if you're unable to interpret it properly. There's a very good reason why Ukitake's weapons are a pair while Hisagi's is only a single one, and that has to do with the chain that connects them. Now, while I wouldn't claim to be an expert on weapons, I do have a bit of background that helps me. Anyway, let me try to explain.

Ukitake's weapon, Sougyo no Kotowari, is a pair of twin swords connected by a short chain/ribbon. The weapon is a short range one, fought by holding a sword in each hand. Regardless of the short chain/ribbon that connects the two swords, each sword is very obviously a distinct weapon in itself. The connecting chain/ribbon appears to be decorative more than anything, and it is unlikely that it would be used as a weapon (or part of the weapon) during a fight. I'm not discounting the possibility that Ukitake may utilize the chain/ribbon in the future (a warrior uses any resource available to him), but it is obviously not intended for that purpose.

Hisagi's weapon, Kazeshini, are a pair of short metal rods connected by a long chain, the rods being topped by opposing scythe blades. While such a weapon can be fought with one of the rods in each hand, it is obviously not the ideal way to wield such a weapon. The opposing scythe blades would make it unwieldy in close combat, which means the weapon itself is meant for mid-range combat. The way the released for first appeared, with the scythe ends spinning at the end of the chain, means that the chain is an integral part of the weapon itself. Without the chain, much of weapon's usefulness is lost. The importance, therefore, of the chain implies that the whole set is to be taken as a single weapon.

In closing, Yama was right, Sougyo no Kotowari and Katen Kyoukutsu are likely the only paired weapons among the Zanpakutou.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic View Post
    That makes sense too. Would also make sense considering Ikkaku's zanpaktou is technically a 3-piece but is 1 weapon as a whole. Maybe Hisagi's zanpaktou is considered 1 weapon instead of being "double-bladed"
    perfect example it should shut up all the ones saying kubo made a mistake, 2 pieces, one weapon (he cant use each one individuality like ikkaku)

also with the post onepinksheep posted, i think this shouldnt be more a doubt anymore... althought this is a question of interpretation and each one of us interpretate as the way each one want

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfSpoiler View Post
    As Yamamoto-Genryuusai said earlier, that only 2 zanpakuto's existed in SS that come in pairs:

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/15/

Sougyo No Kotowari:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/11/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/12/

Katen Kyoukotsu:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/13/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/14/

Then why is Hisagi's zanpakuto the 3rd one?!?!?!
    It's also paired, even if its connected with a chain (Ukitake's zanpakuto is also chained, so that isn't really an argument) And it's just like Ukitake's because in sealed form it's only 1 zanpakuto, but in shikai it's a pair.

Either Tite Kubo forgot this one, or Yama must be gettin senile (I can't believe Hisagi became VC without anyone knowing the true form of his shikai)

One piece weapon

Nunchaku and a very stylish one hehe

Quote Originally Posted by tatsukai1990 View Post
    i was just thinking about the japanese chain and sickle, the kusarigama. i know there are variations of it that have 2 sickles instead of the weight at the end of the chain, so i guess that can be considered a single weapon
    KUSARIGAMA!!!
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    from the chapter discussion thread, the first 2 pages were about this same topic.
    in the real fighting styles with the kusarigami, the bladed part isnt thrown, the weighted end is, but often in movie/tv/manga, the bladed end is thrown, because it looks cooler

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

ahhh crap I thought it was a nunchaku hahaha

All I got to say its about time that we saw Hisagi's release form because I always wondered what it looked like. And it looks pretty damn good! The next release I want to see is Soi Fong, Yama's, Shunsui, Ukitake, and Unohana's bankai.