Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hisagi's Zanpakuto?!?!?!?!

As Yamamoto-Genryuusai said earlier, that only 2 zanpakuto's existed in SS that come in pairs:

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/15/

Sougyo No Kotowari:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/11/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/12/

Katen Kyoukotsu:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/13/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/14/

Then why is Hisagi's zanpakuto the 3rd one?!?!?!
    It's also paired, even if its connected with a chain (Ukitake's zanpakuto is also chained, so that isn't really an argument) And it's just like Ukitake's because in sealed form it's only 1 zanpakuto, but in shikai it's a pair.

Either Tite Kubo forgot this one, or Yama must be gettin senile (I can't believe Hisagi became VC without anyone knowing the true form of his shikai)

I think there's a ninja weapon that looks like it that is considered a single blade in real life... Or I could be mistaken. Just wait for the next chapter Kubo will probably reveal why.

i´ll post the same thing that onepinksheep posted in the bleach 324 discussion thread

It is one weapon. While it looks like two separate weapons, it's actually just a single one. The best way I can describe Hisagi's weapon is that it seems to be a combination of a kusarigama and a manriki-gusari — a rather stylized one at that. It's an impractical weapon in the real world, but this is manga so physics takes a back seat.

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Then I wonder how it is considered a one weapon-type zanpakuto, when it definitly looks like Ukitake's one (they are both dual handed, both consisting of 2 parts and both connected to eachother)
    The only difference is that Ukitake wields swords and Hisagi wields scythes...

BTW Genryuusai said that Ukitake's and Shunsui's were the only 2 Zanpakuto's that came in pairs, not "swords", in case anybody wants to make a remark about that)

It's possible that Yamamoto was meaning "up until this point" and not "it's written in stone that there are only 2". It could just be that no one, since Ukitake and Kyouraku which was several hundred years ago, has happened to have a double-bladed zanpaktou. It's possible that Hisagi has the 3rd double-bladed weapon in Soul Society. Either that or maybe Yamamoto meant swords that come in pairs? Maybe it's a translation issue?
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by erratic View Post
    It's highly possible that Yamamoto was meaning "up until this point" and not "it's written in stone that there are only 2". It could just be that no one, since Ukitake and Kyouraku which was several hundred years ago, has happened to have a double-bladed zanpaktou. It's possible that Hisagi has the 3rd double-bladed weapon in Soul Society.
    Although that may seem plausible, at that time (when Ukitake and Shunsui faced Yama) Hisagi was already VC, and I don't see why Yama would forget the fact Hisagi also had one (even if he didnt know, how the heck could Hisagi be VC without letting SS know about his shikai (as in showing it)

that's true, that came into mind and I added a little bit to my post
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

Possible but I don't think the translators are THAT sloppy, for them to translate katana into "soul cutter". What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfSpoiler View Post
    Then I wonder how it is considered a one weapon-type zanpakuto, when it definitly looks like Ukitake's one (they are both dual handed, both consisting of 2 parts and both connected to eachother)The only difference is that Ukitake wields swords and Hisagi wields scythes...

BTW Genryuusai said that Ukitake's and Shunsui's were the only 2 Zanpakuto's that came in pairs, not "swords", in case anybody wants to make a remark about that)
    they are different, while ukitakes zampakutou are 2 swords connected by a string, chain or whatever (that doesnt look having any purpose except being decorative) the chain that connect the 2 sickles of hisagi normally have a purpose when fighting making the 2 sickles only 1 weapon/zapakuto whatever... so i'll stick to what i said above

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

That makes sense too. Would also make sense considering Ikkaku's zanpaktou is technically a 3-piece but is 1 weapon as a whole. Maybe Hisagi's zanpaktou is considered 1 weapon instead of being "double-bladed"
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!