View Poll Results: Do you prefer to watch your anime dubbed or subtitled?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dubbed

7 5.60%
  • Subbed

108 86.40%
  • I watch it dubbed with subtitles.

0 0%
  • I don't have a preference.

10 8.00%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Ever heard of Elysium? Yeah, I'm not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by herofan66 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if saw the Japanese dub American works? Would you say it hurts your ears to hear the characters speak Japanese when they originally spoke English?

Well, if Kingdom Hearts is any indicator of American cartoon characters speaking Japanese, I'd say it'd be pretty damn funny, but overall, not very "painful to the ears." Sure, it'd be a bit weird, but that would be it, in my case at least. If I did not like it, I'd just listen to the English voice track. Same goes for Hollywood movies, although I still have yet to see one dubbed in Japanese (bet they're hilarious though).

The same applies for anime. I prefer dubbed works, but if I find that I just do not like a certain dub, I'll just switch over to subs. None of this drama about how dubs ruin everything they touch. None of that putting of Japanese animation on a pedestal above everything else, and how the Japanese language is the most beautiful language in the entire world - just a simple switch to a more pleasurable experience.

Well, if Kingdom Hearts is any indicator of American cartoon characters speaking Japanese, I'd say it'd be pretty damn funny, but overall, not very "painful to the ears." Sure, it'd be a bit weird, but that would be it, in my case at least. If I did not like it, I'd just listen to the English voice track. Same goes for Hollywood movies, although I still have yet to see one dubbed in Japanese (bet they're hilarious though).

The same applies for anime. I prefer dubbed works, but if I find that I just do not like a certain dub, I'll just switch over to subs. None of this drama about how dubs ruin everything they touch. None of that putting of Japanese animation on a pedestal above everything else, and how the Japanese language is the most beautiful language in the entire world - just a simple switch to a more pleasurable experience

Do you think that Japanese sub American shows like CSI or HEROES?
    Last edited by herofan66; 03-21-2008 at 01:54 AM.
    My tendency to blame the author on character bashing is always prevalent and did I mention 4 is an unlucky number.

Ever heard of Elysium? Yeah, I'm not there.
    I wouldn't know, since I've never bothered asking a native - hell, I don't even know if those shows are being broadcast in Japan to begin with. And I'm not going to make assumptions based on absolutely no knowledge or information.

Simply put, I have no idea, nor do I really care. Their watching American shows in whatever format they please is not bothering me in the slightest, so I don't feel a need to pursue answers on my behalf. But if someone wishes to go and create an unbiased survey of the situation for everyone to hear/read, then by all means, go for it. It might enlighten us all at some minuscule level .

An imitation rarely can surpass the original

Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

Set made by Ravona