View Poll Results: Do you prefer to watch your anime dubbed or subtitled?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dubbed

7 5.60%
  • Subbed

108 86.40%
  • I watch it dubbed with subtitles.

0 0%
  • I don't have a preference.

10 8.00%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spaZ View Post
    dubs are getting worse as time goes on because they are in such a rush to get it aired and stuff. Have you heard the older dubs like cowboy bebop and gundam wing those were pretty good but now the characters sound like they are inhaling helium
    Have you heard the old dubs? God, the ones before Cartoon Network . . . wooden acting, bad writing, and they would even try to cover the opening/closing songs in English, usually with a bad singer. Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    I prefer subs because sometimes when they dub it it ruins the anime. Like the dub in one piece that's just bad. However their are some anime that has good voice acting, but I think there's only a few.
    One Piece had a lot of problems, though really it was one big problem: 4Kids. They made the voices bad, as well as the writing, sound, etc. The new voice cast should be a lot better.

Anyways, about dubs, I thought about something just a few minutes ago, something that will undoubtedly always have me watching subs over dubs - honorifics, such as "san," "kun," "sensei," etc. They say a lot about the relationships between the characters, but no dub even tries to work them in (at least it seems that way to me). Azumanga Daioh did it a little by having the characters sometimes use "miss" and of course "teacher" (to replace "sensei"), but it's nowhere near the same.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

i lik subbed cause alot of times the dubbed voices r so bad its not funny but fullmetal alchemist was great dubbed

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    Have you heard the old dubs? God, the ones before Cartoon Network . . . wooden acting, bad writing, and they would even try to cover the opening/closing songs in English, usually with a bad singer. Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

The whole opening/closing theme song thing reminds me of the Rurouni Kenshin dub, but I do think the Cowboy Bebop one was okay,and in the dub I think Ed's character was dones the best.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I prefer subs rather than dubs because I find the voicing pretty horrifying these days...
    Join the D. Gray-Man Fan Club!~ Click Lavi to join!~

Join the Bleach Fan Club!~ Click Hitsugaya to join!~

Rainbow

I prefer subtitles because dubbed voices just don't fit the characters. For example, in Naruto, the Naruto character sounds like a wimp in English. Mean while in Japanese Naruto sounds normal.

I don't speak a word of Japanese, but it's a lot better to hear as the voice fits the characters and the action.

Subbed. I really can't stand dubbed episodes. =_=

Subbed. Dubs have habbit of being,well....HORRIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
    i lik subbed cause alot of times the dubbed voices r so bad its not funny but fullmetal alchemist was great dubbed
    I've heard people say they love the FMA dub, and then I've heard people say they hate it. I'm not sure how I feel about the dub (love the original Japanese though), but I just think it's odd that people are split over how the dub sounds.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

I prefer Subbed from far... it's just like you are watching the original anime, no changes from other people. I also watch anime dubbed (in spanish or catalan) in the TV, but not very often.

(wow, 2 people voted for Dubbed :p)

Sub > Dub
    Dub > Dub with Sub
    Dont have preference = FAIL

so ya, i love subs with no dubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    Kishi says:

Uchiha = God

Uzumaki = Shit
    Spoiler!