Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'm fluent in Japanese and it clearly says
    GIANT DOUCHE, BUTT PIRATE, roughly

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post

LOL. I think it goes something like Wo shi ri aussie aussie oye oye.

So translate the text under my name, I wanna see how good you are at it. I'm thinking about learning japanese through rosetta stone, but that will only be the speaking part.
    I have great respect for those who manage to teach themselves Japanese- it's a really difficult language. Just be careful as there is 'formal' japanese and 'casual' japanese, which are very different from each other, and internet programs usually only teach 'formal'... which isn't very handy in everyday life in Japan.

You should learn how to read and write Japanese too! Then you can read manga. ;3

I think the kanji under your name says '6th generation fire kage hermit'? I'm guessing it has something to do with Naruto. XD

I'm guessing the 'fire kage' bit though, as I can read the first kanji as fire and the second kanji as 'shadow' (kage).

You obviously don't read Naruto, or else you would've called "fire kage" "Hokage" like all Narutards do .

(Oh, and most people's first Chinese words usually incldue Wo Ai Ni/Gua Ai Di, Ni Hao/Ni Hao Ma, and Xie Xie).
    Last edited by kuroihikari; 09-12-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    You obviously don't read Naruto, or else you would've called "fire kage" "Hokage" like all Narutards do .

(Oh, and most people's first Chinese words usually incldue Wo Ai Ni/Gua Ai Di, Ni Hao/Ni Hao Ma, and Xie Xie).
    Yeah, I'm guilty of not reading Naruto.

Oh, yeah! I learn Ni hao ma, and Xie Xie.
    There was other stuff; family words and school words, but since it's been 8 months I don't remember them at all!

Do you speak Chinese, Kuroihikari?

Around a quarter of my cousins do, but I personally don't . I already have much trouble memorizing Kanji.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post
    I have great respect for those who manage to teach themselves Japanese- it's a really difficult language. Just be careful as there is 'formal' japanese and 'casual' japanese, which are very different from each other, and internet programs usually only teach 'formal'... which isn't very handy in everyday life in Japan.
    You should learn how to read and write Japanese too! Then you can read manga. ;3
    I think the kanji under your name says '6th generation fire kage hermit'? I'm guessing it has something to do with Naruto. XD
    I'm guessing the 'fire kage' bit though, as I can read the first kanji as fire and the second kanji as 'shadow' (kage).
    Your pretty good. As kira said, it was hokage, but it's basically the same meaning.

I have trouble remembering my ABCs, don't think I could remember thousands of kanji, lol.

So how long have you been studying japanese?
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Around a quarter of my cousins do, but I personally don't . I already have much trouble memorizing Kanji.
    Are you memorising Chinese or Japanese kanji? I prefer the Chinese version, simple because usually they're easier to write. XD
    That said, their writing system is JUST kanji, and I could not remember anywhere near enough to read anything. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by ·Rokudaime Sennin· ™ View Post
    Your pretty good. As kira said, it was hokage, but it's basically the same meaning.

I have trouble remembering my ABCs, don't think I could remember thousands of kanji, lol.

So how long have you been studying japanese?
    Yeah, memorising Kanji's hard. That's why I pretty much only translate the furigana manga- it makes it much easier to read.
    I only know about 600 kanji, and probably 100 of those are one's I know if I see them and I know their meaning, but I couldn't remember how to write them. >.<"

Long story is here: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showt...22#post1554522
    Short story is, I've been studying Japanese for roughly 5 years, but at mainly High school level... so it's probably the equivalent to about 3 years study at Uni. T_T

Oi! Stop abusing Queenie for Naruto translations!

Veteran Member
    People have been asking me for Naruto translations? O_O

I don't think so, they know I'd rather stab my eyes out first...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post
    People have been asking me for Naruto translations? O_O

I don't think so, they know I'd rather stab my eyes out first...

That truly hurts my feelings. Naruto ain't that bad............oh wait, it is, nvm.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto