Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who thinks Naruto Shippuuden should be renamed Naruto Sharingan Quest?

since shippuden started i get this feeling that sasuke n the uchiha clan r the main focus of this naime now. they seem to have forgotten the main theme "naruto's dumb quest to become hokage, remmeber the days he used to shout 'believe it!'?".

n the manga seems to have expanded quite a bit, too. the yneed to bring the main guy back in the spotlight or rename the anime "sasuke".

who thinks instead to refering to madara they should hav refered to the fourth instead?

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blancwolf View Post
    since shippuden started i get this feeling that sasuke n the uchiha clan r the main focus of this naime now. they seem to have forgotten the main theme "naruto's dumb quest to become hokage, remmeber the days he used to shout 'believe it!'?".

n the manga seems to have expanded quite a bit, too. the yneed to bring the main guy back in the spotlight or rename the anime "sasuke".

who thinks instead to refering to madara they should hav refered to the fourth instead?
    naruto only was shown saying baying believe it by the english voice actors, not in the japanese version. Also for your last question, no.

Chris, he said believe it in the jap version too. He screamed "Dattebayo" all the time, which has no english definition, but it closely means "Believe it!" which is why they chose those words for the eng version.

Dattebayo is way cooler though

It's far less annoying in japanese, plus I never even noticed it until it was pointed out.

Frankly I think you just need to give kishimoto time to work. Naruto will swing back into focus in a bit right now he's trying to bring back Sasuke who won't go back while his brother lives at the very least. Hokage is secondary to that for now.
    My pants are on break right now.

Why do I like Naruto?

Spoiler!

I think that they should name this anime "Sasuke" instead of "Naruto". Come on! In the first episode of the Shippu series, they featured team seven's invasion in Oto searching for Sasuke and in most fillers, Naruto mostly takes mission that is Sasuke related. Now that we are nearing Madara's reason for creating the Akatsuki, it still focuses on the Uchihas' strengths and it makes me feel that Naruto would end up as a "damsel in distress", but since I'm a shonen-ai fan, I don't really mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salir View Post
    I think that they should name this anime "Sasuke" instead of "Naruto". Come on! In the first episode of the Shippu series, they featured team seven's invasion in Oto searching for Sasuke and in most fillers, Naruto mostly takes mission that is Sasuke related. Now that we are nearing Madara's reason for creating the Akatsuki, it still focuses on the Uchihas' strengths and it makes me feel that Naruto would end up as a "damsel in distress", but since I'm a shonen-ai fan, I don't really mind though.
    Dude, its called Naruto for a reason. You may be a Sasuke fan, but its not gonna be called "Sasuke". That would be very LAME. Naruto is the name for a reason. Why? Its cause its all the adventures of Naruto <Sounds lame for reasons! XD> ~.~; Just because it was all about Sasuke in the first episode, it doesnt mean a thing. ;D

As for the whole "Naruto: Sharingan Quest" uh...no. Just..No......

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Chris, he said believe it in the jap version too. He screamed "Dattebayo" all the time, which has no english definition, but it closely means "Believe it!" which is why they chose those words for the eng version.
    Dattebayo doesn't mean anything at all.

From masashi kishitmoto

Directly derived from an actual interview with the creator himself, Masashi kishimoto.
    - Is Naruto's favorite phrase, "dattebayo" modeled on anything?

That isn't really modeled on anything either. When I thought of childlike
    speech, "dattebayo" instantly came to mind. It's like it's become a part of
    Naruto, and even now it brings out his "mischievousness&quo t;.
    There's also an interview with one of the assistants of Kishimoto in an anime exposition in latin america (I think it was in mexico or chile, not sure about it) where he explains its. I'll try to explain it for most U.S americans and countries alike, whit a latin american version of it.

In latin american most of lower class - neighborhoods are known as barrios. In these barrios is frenquently to find people using their own dialect which only them understand or sometimes they create phrases that sounds cool but they don't know how to explain the meaning of it (like dattebayo). In the barrios is also frequent to find people using words from other languages without knowing the meaning of it, for example in the country were I live (Dominican Republic) is usual to find someone answering you chilling, when you ask them how they are or feel.

Believe it (english dub version of dattebayo), creelo (Spain spanish version of dattebayo and De veras (Mexico(LA) spanish version of dattebayo) were decisions of the dubbing companies and not a translation, you can't translate something that doesn't mean anything.

Believe = Creelo
    De veras = is used to put emphasis on something and can be used in different ways, in Naruto mexico spanish version is used as a re-afirmation of something that is going to happen. Like I'm going to be Hokage and everybody is look to me like if I were someone very important, de veras.

I prefer spanish mexico dubbing over english, mostly because the phonetics. In english dubbing Naruto sounds like NAr[ou]to, while mexicans pronounce character's name just like japaneses do.
    Last edited by Alterno; 07-31-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blancwolf View Post
    Didn't naruto once say something like "if I can't even save my friend how can i become Hokage"?

I think that answers your question right there.

dattebayo doesnt closely meen anything its just used for enthesis of a sentens like " ero sennin!!, ero sennin-ttebayo!!!!!! "
    hmm i wonder what obitos doing right now.... decomposing and smelling up the joint i gess coz hes dead!!