Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    wikipedia is normally right. although its not like its impossible to make stuff up in it

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

I understand the point though. A lot of it is true based on actual supplied information, but a while ago it DID say that the Blue haired member's name was Pein, and that Tobi was Madara.

Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    I understand the point though. A lot of it is true based on actual supplied information, but a while ago it DID say that the Blue haired member's name was Pein, and that Tobi was Madara.
    If thats the case then you'd be wrong cuz we still don't know the blue haired girl's name it's the Akatsuki leader with auburn hair thats named Pein.

If thats the case then you'd be wrong cuz we still don't know the blue haired girl's name it's the Akatsuki leader with auburn hair thats named Pein.
    Which is exactly what I said.

It's true sometimes, *BUT it did say blue hair's name was Pein, and Tobi was madara.

*Key word, very important.

I remember reading that huge theory about the sharingan, etc... a while back, and it basically just extrapolated based on the legends and mythological characters that Kishimoto uses in Naruto. To a certain point, Kishimoto follows mythology, but there is a whole lot that he deviates from and does his own thing. For example, the whole sannin thing is based on Japanese legend, but the details in Naruto are a bit different, only keeping some similiarities (such as the animals they use). I wouldn't be surprised if that big statue was Uchiha Madara and that he is super old. So far we've had at least 3 characters who were capable of such feats (Orochimaru, Kakuzu, Hidan), I don't see why one more would be any worse than it already is. I guess time will tell
    Last edited by Shirt; 08-01-2007 at 03:09 AM. Reason: removed whole speech on Tobi being Madara and Japanese lesson on account of me not being an expert

Quote Originally Posted by AznDevil View Post
    I've looked at the Wikipedia stuff myself and so far everything I've read for Naruto was right. Also as I said before a friend of mine said the raw actually says that Tobi reveals himself to be Madara. I have also just downloaded another scanlation by Arcanis that says so as well. I can't upload it because the file is too large but you can see for yourself by downloading a copy at mangahelper.
    Those translations are wrong, he never says "I AM MADARA." Learn Japanese then come back and say that.

He says

写輪眼の本当の力が

この
    うちはまだらの力が

Shyaringan no honto no Chikara ga,
    Kono Uchiha Madara no Chikara ga,

Then he leaves.

That is a very easy translation, even beginner translators should understand, he says
    Sharingan's True Power; The(This) power of Uchiha Madara.

He never says "My power" and He is not referring to himself, otherwise it would be worded differently, now, I'm not saying he isn't Madara, however, he did NOT say he was.

The side of the next page says:
    稲光が明かす真実! ”暁”の黒幕はトビ...そしてその目には写輪眼が! 三人目のうちは一族!? 雷鳴 を呼ぶ

inabikari ga akasushinjitsu! Akatsuki no kuromaku ha TOBI!... Soshite sono me niwa sharinngan ga! sannin me no uchiha ichizoku! Raimeiwoyobu!

The Truth revealed in a flash of lightning, The person pulling the strings behind Akatsuki is really Tobi! And That eye has sharingan! The third member of the Uchiha family! The thunder crashes

-
    At the bottom is says (Next chapter, ect.)

暁最強の男がナルトを追う
    次号、Cカラー「いたちを追え」

akatsuki saikyou no otoko ga naruto ou
    jigou,senta karaa [Itachi wo oe!]

Akatsuki's strongest man is chasing after naruto
    next Chapter [The chase for Itachi]

---

Just to clear it up, it never says he is Madara... Infact, I highly disagree with Hisshouburaiken's translations in this chapter. Hisshouburaiken is a smart guy and a very talented translator, but I dont agree. =(

Lots of drama and strife came out of these translations, which might have been a bit rushed.
    Last edited by Chimie; 08-01-2007 at 03:07 AM.
    Check out my Art Thread HERE
    or Check out my Deviant Art Gallery HERE
    Currently Translating
    None ATM =(

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chimie View Post
    Those translations are wrong, he never says "I AM MADARA." Learn Japanese then come back and say that.

He says

写輪眼の本当の力が

この
    うちはまだらの力が

Then he leaves.

That is a very easy translation, even beginner translators should understand, he says

He never says "My power" and He is not referring to himself, otherwise it would be worded differently, now, I'm not saying he isn't Madara, however, he did NOT say he was.
    I think it's pretty obvious that Tobi has the power of Uchiha Madara. You even show it yourself in your translation above. You translate "Kono Uchiha Madara no Chikara ga" as "This power of Uchiha Madara." If Tobi was referring to someone else, why would he use that particular phrase? If he was indicating someone else's power, wouldn't it be more likely that he would use "sono" or "ano" instead of "kono"? Because he is the only one shown when he is saying it, and because he refers to himself (by using kono), it seems pretty clear that he has the power of Uchiha Madara, which makes sense when you consider the page that shows him with the sharingan. If he wasn't Madara, or he didn't have Madara's power, then why would they shown him with a sharingan? I guess what I'm saying is that the circumstantial evidence points more towards him having the power of Madara.

Disclaimer: These are purely my opinions and take on the matter. I am not a professional translator. Chimie is assuredly more knowledgeable on this, so don't take my thoughts too seriously.

He says

写輪眼の本当の力が

この
    うちはまだらの力が

Then he leaves.

The side of the next page says:
    稲光が明かす真実! ”暁”の黒幕はトビ...そしてその目には写輪眼が! 三人目のうちは一族!? 雷鳴 を呼ぶ

inabikari ga akasushinjitsu! Akatsuki no kuromaku ha TOBI!... Soshite sono me niwa sharinngan ga! sannin me no uchiha ichizoku! Raimeiwoyobu!

The Truth revealed in a flash of lightning, The person pulling the strings behind Akatsuki is really Tobi! And That eye has sharingan! The third member of the Uchiha family! The thunder crashes

-
    At the bottom is says (Next chapter, ect.)

暁最強の男がナルトを追う
    次号、Cカラー「いたちを追え」

akatsuki saikyou no otoko ga naruto ou
    jigou,senta karaa [Itachi wo oe!]

Akatsuki's strongest man is chasing after naruto
    next Chapter [The chase for Itachi]

---

Just to clear it up, it never says he is Madara... Infact, I highly disagree with Hisshouburaiken's translations in this chapter. Hisshouburaiken is a smart guy and a very talented translator, but I dont agree. =(

Lots of drama and strife came out of these translations, which might have been a bit rushed.
    Thanks that clears things up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Shirt View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that Tobi has the power of Uchiha Madara. You even show it yourself in your translation above. You translate "Kono Uchiha Madara no Chikara ga" as "This power of Uchiha Madara." If Tobi was referring to someone else, why would he use that particular phrase? If he was indicating someone else's power, wouldn't it be more likely that he would use "sono" or "ano" instead of "kono"? Because he is the only one shown when he is saying it, and because he refers to himself (by using kono), it seems pretty clear that he has the power of Uchiha Madara, which makes sense when you consider the page that shows him with the sharingan. If he wasn't Madara, or he didn't have Madara's power, then why would they shown him with a sharingan? I guess what I'm saying is that the circumstantial evidence points more towards him having the power of Madara.

Disclaimer: These are purely my opinions and take on the matter. I am not a professional translator. Chimie is assuredly more knowledgeable on this, so don't take my thoughts too seriously.
    A lot of people take the Kono to refer to person in particular. However, He is refering to "This power of Uchiha Madara" Wouldn't this power be the Sharingan itself?

Most of your post I agree with, He does have the power of Madara, however, that doesn't mean he IS madara. I'm not arguing that he doesn't have Madaras power, or that he was referring to someone else.

The line is Indicating that Tobi has Madara's "Legacy" of the Sharingan, however, indicating that he is in fact, not Madara.
    Check out my Art Thread HERE
    or Check out my Deviant Art Gallery HERE
    Currently Translating
    None ATM =(

A lot of people take the Kono to refer to person in particular. However, He is refering to "This power of Uchiha Madara" Wouldn't this power be the Sharingan itself?

Most of your post I agree with, He does have the power of Madara, however, that doesn't mean he IS madara. I'm not arguing that he doesn't have Madaras power, or that he was referring to someone else.

The line is Indicating that Tobi has Madara's "Legacy" of the Sharingan, however, indicating that he is in fact, not Madara.
    EXACTLY