Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kumas Anime Voice

i just saw the latest episode of one piece in youtube, and i must say that the voice of Kumas seyuu doesnt fit the character and it sounds weird... anyone here have the same opinion?

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

TBH, I was expecting a deeper voice, one more fitting of his body type. On the other hand, the voice they're using does kind of fit the "gentle giant" persona of Kuma. I'll have to wait 'til the next episode to form a more concrete opinion (he had too few lines in this one), but it might actually work out for me. After all, I wasn't a big fan of Brook's voice when it debuted but it actually kind of grew on me over time.
    Last edited by onepinksheep; 08-29-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Kuma, KUMA....

Has the most unexpected voice! It's like, Oda requested this kind of voice actor himself! I was also expecting a deeper, bear like voice.

Why does Kuma sound like, a evil japanese guy in his 20s?

It's not bad, but, it's kind of weird. I guess I'll have to hear him talking more to actually get into it.

it simple doesnt sound like a voice of a pirate/shichibukai to me, but more like a voice of a kid... didnt kuma had a seyuu already in the episode when kuma is shown to us in the shichibukai meeting? or he didnt even talk in the whole series until now (i dont remember well :s)?

Doesn't sound like a kid to me. I watched the scene again and listened to the ending previews (Kuma does part of the voice-over) of the episode. If I were to picture an anime character to go with the voice, it would probably be a cool acting, emotionless guy. The voice just sounds so... disinterested, which I guess fits Kuma.

Just FYI, Kuma's seiyuu is Hori Hideyuki. Interesting list of roles he has there.

it must be me then... maybe after the few next episodes i will acostumate to his voice

I want to hear Kuma talk more too! His voice sounds so mismatched, yet so mysterious!

I think it fits I didn't really see him with like a big booming voice or anything like that

kuma's voice sounds weird. every time i thought of him speaking in the manga, i always imagined a really deep voice. i hope it sounds better after listening to it more.

It is not really a manly voice. He seems to be a teenager