Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How To: Download Manga From #lurk

So you want access to freely download thousands of different volumes for a large collection of series on #lurk, but you just don't know how? Follow these simple steps and you'll be able to in no time. Many people are intimidated by IRC, but it's actually really easy. There are several ways to go about successfully downloading from IRC, I feel the following is the most "newbie" friendly, feel free to comment on any steps that could be made easier.

1. Download an IRC program, if you don't have one in mind just grab http://www.mirc.com

2. Install the IRC program, open it up and fill in the basic information it asks for (if applicable)

3. If you're using mIRC, go to Tools>Options - DCC>Ignore
    Under Method select Disabled
    Uncheck "Turn back on in:"

Just remember not to accept files from people you don't trust. If you're using a different IRC program you might want to scan through for DCC ignores as well.

4. Type /server irc.irchighway.net

5. It's time to register your handle (lurk requires registered nicknames). Simply type in:

/msg Nickserv register password email
    Replace password with your desired password, and email with your valid email address.

Now check your email and follow the instructions to confirm your account.

6. Now that you're registered, you can join! Type in: /join #lurk

7. Go to http://www.gotlurk.net and click on Packlists. Either search for your manga or click the bot that applies to it (usually Mirrors or Neverwhere). If you're looking at the entire packlist - I suggest using edit>find on your browser to easily find what you're looking for.

To the left of the manga volume/chapter there will be a number, for example:
    #55 2813x 51M 20th_Century_Boys_v18[Manga-Heaven].zip

The first number is the pack number, the 2nd is the amount of times it's been downloaded, the third is the filesize and the fourth column is the file name.

8. Remember the pack number and the bot name and go back into IRC. Click on your status window and type the following string (dont type it into the #lurk window in case you mistype it as they ban users who do this).

/msg Botname xdcc send packnumber

So for the above example we would do,

/msg Mirrors xdcc send #55

Approve the download and you're done!, If you use mIRC the default download directory should be c:/Program Files/mIRC/download - your file will be in there.

Have fun! While you're on IRCHighway you can also stop by #mangashare to chat with members and staff here.

Very nice guide here Blud, it will help a lot of people. #Lurk is one of the best(and my favorite) place to download manga, so I would recommend checking it out if your a manga fan.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

It's the best to get Raw Manga from far :p The most useful site to download manga atm.

YES! Thanks Bluds...now all my manga needs are fullfilled! Mwuhahahahahahahah!!!

Nice, never knew about the IRC system till now due to the simple reason that I never needed to.

First non-colored titled person to comment here >.<

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    First non-colored titled person to comment here >.<
    At Mangashare, all people of color are welcomed...even non-colored!

I'm non-colored too^^

Thx blud! For the guide!
    (Still newbie 'n don't know anything^^)

blud-san
    Arigatou ne
    i thought i'm helpless
    Yosha................... SPIRIT MAX...!!!
    ow yeah, can i ask u about this DCC mean? does it important? what it used for?
    and if i want to donlod from Fu**ing Manga, does it the same?
    and is there any other than lurk and FM???
    can u tell me?

PS: does Flash considered as a DM? and does any website that use DD forbid DM?
    sorry if i ask a lot

Thanks before
    Last edited by Kai Felrose; 08-25-2007 at 08:54 AM.

sorry to trouble you blud, but is there any tricks to the registration part? im thinking thats why i cant download.

whenever i type the download thread nothing happens and it tells me "mirrors" nick dows not exist

cheers

thank for everything because i'm an otaku