Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Well to time skip or not to time skip thats the question

Quote Originally Posted by viciousds View Post
    the absolute worst thing that could happen to one piece would be a time skip! oda would be making the same mistakes as some other popular manga (*cough* naruto *cough*)! i think this is one of the best arcs so far. i mean, one piece is over 10 years old and still going strong. oda is a genius who never ceases to amaze
    well if you think about it the straw hats are improving way to fast, I mean those arcs take like, in op time 1 week tops to complete and if you compare Zoro and Sanji when they were fighting arlong they got owned by water and now they took down CP9 and the strongest CP9 in the history of op at that.

Link: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/88/08/ getin owned by water

Also the great dragon ball z anime did a time skip also hyperbolic time chamber and the time in between the Cell saga and the Buu saga gohan like grew twice his size n ppl accepted it. I just believe that a time skip would be welcome at this stage because they are growing to powerful to fast. The hints to this fact> they are way to weak vs the second half of the grand line, could be a hint by Oda that they need to work hard and it might take some time... aka a time skip cuz ppl dont wana c trainin for like 10 billion chapters

Special techniques and inventions can only get you so far... >_>
    Last edited by lod7; 08-24-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Man had to put proof and fix grammer a bit

A time skip is not applicable in One Piece because of its linear structure. Unlike in Naruto and DBZ, One Piece has a single definite overarching goal — that being the end of the Grand Line. Despite all the sub-plot and story arcs, it's all moving towards that single goal. With a gradually progressive story like One Piece, a time skip isn't needed.

a time skip cuz ppl dont wana c trainin for like 10 billion chapters
    Since when has Oda ever bothered to show intensive training? Simply put, he doesn't need to. Oda has managed so far to make the Strawhat's gradual increase in strength seem totally believable. That's what I love about One Piece: Oda knows how to make his characters believable without slowing down the action with needless flashbacks and/or training sessions. ^^
    Last edited by onepinksheep; 08-25-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: removed a rogue apostrophe

hmmm i guess releigh can hold of kizaru but who will hold of sentoumaru and that kuma px1 from taking down the strawhats? Or will they have enough strength to take them down theirselves?

someone else must step in as well? maybe shakky the barwoman? its gonna get interesting!

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

timeskip isnt needed. Although their goal OP is only for SH (ofcourse ) but I dont think Oda let them spent much time (skip) to train or something . Or maybe some training happen in movie.
    I think Rayleigh can hold 3 of them in few minutes enough for SH split and run

GO Rayleigh. Kick Their ASSES

Spoiler!

Thumbs up hmm

Quote Originally Posted by onepinksheep View Post
    A time skip is not applicable in One Piece because of its linear structure. Unlike in Naruto and DBZ, One Piece has a single definite overarching goal — that being the end of the Grand Line. Despite all the sub-plot and story arcs, it's all moving towards that single goal. With a gradually progressive story like One Piece, a time skip isn't needed.

Since when has Oda ever bothered to show intensive training? Simply put, he doesn't need to. Oda has managed so far to make the Strawhat's gradual increase in strength seem totally believable. That's what I love about One Piece: Oda knows how to make his characters believable without slowing down the action with needless flashbacks and/or training sessions. ^^
    I c your point, but I still cant grasp how they are gona get strong enough to beat opponents such as kizaru.

I rethink now... that is why i love one piece so much it is just unpredictable like that, I just hope Oda can pull it off >.<
    Last edited by lod7; 08-25-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: more grammer...

I do think rayleigh has a fruit ability since he was saved by hacchi when this former one was young (rayleigh said he fell in the sea at this moment so he couldnt probably save himself if he is a fruit user). I dont think he's a logia user else which kind of logia would be able to "touch" light. I dont think either that he used a sea stone or else kizaru wouldnt have been able to suceed in light-kicking (sea stones paralyse the user's ability and drain his force). Well he was the right hand of Gol D. Roger after all. BY the way, i was thinking that monkey d dragon was a logia user, Kaze Kaze (wind wind) fruit since he used a storm and wind to free his son when luffy was sized by smoker, who couldnt fight Dragon (Wind vs Smoke..)?

In the first chapter or the 2nd one, Shanks said that fruits bear on trees several times in a century (every 50 years for gomu gomu fruit). I was wondering to myself what if 2 people get the same fruit (A guy who is like 60yrs old and a young kid who is 10)? Maybe that's possible

2nd Commander of WB crew DragonSlayer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tycroistoi View Post
    I do think rayleigh has a fruit ability since he was saved by hacchi when this former one was young (rayleigh said he fell in the sea at this moment so he couldnt probably save himself if he is a fruit user). I dont think he's a logia user else which kind of logia would be able to "touch" light. I dont think either that he used a sea stone or else kizaru wouldnt have been able to suceed in light-kicking (sea stones paralyse the user's ability and drain his force). Well he was the right hand of Gol D. Roger after all. BY the way, i was thinking that monkey d dragon was a logia user, Kaze Kaze (wind wind) fruit since he used a storm and wind to free his son when luffy was sized by smoker, who couldnt fight Dragon (Wind vs Smoke..)?
    Maybe Dragon has weather fruit and he was the one who stroke the lighting to save luffy ?

I think Rayleigh doesn't have a DF ability. You don't need a DF to be strong. And to defeat a DF user you just need Knowledge, experience and power. I think the Pirate's King right hand fits in all of those.

I predict the next chapter is EPIC (thx to spoilers )

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman