Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mirai Nikki

Mirai Nikki

Mirai Nikki (未来日記, The Future Diary) is the story of Amano Yukiteru who doesn't really like to company of people and prefers to be a "bystander" to life. He uses his cell phone as a diary and records the things he sees around him during his life, making him a bystander. Yuki has one friend that's the god of time known as Deus Ex Machina. One day Deus decides to make a game to determine who the successor to his throne would be. Though this isn't just some regular game, it's a survival game. Yuki's diary turns into a device that predicts the future, this also happens to 11 other opponents. He realizes he can't win on his own, and decides to team up with Gasai Yuno, another diary holder and a very intelligent girl who is psychotically in love with him. With the wheels of this "game in motion, last person remaining alive will become the new god of time and space itself; Deus Ex Machina.

Mirai Nikki is currently one of my favorite shonen series. The story is pretty unique and watching the psychotic love Yuno feels for Yuki is very entertaining. Overall this manga is a very entertaining read, and I'm going crazy waiting on it's monthly releases. Chapters are scanlated by 4chan's /a/, so sometimes they add meme pages making fun of certain parts of the manga, which are always funny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DOWNLOADS
    Latest
    Chapter 019
    Volumes
    Volume 01 (Chapters 000-004)
    Volume 02 (Chapters 005-008)
    Volume 03 (Chapters 009-013)
    Volume 04 (Chapters 014-018)

MOSAIC
    Mosaic 01
    Last edited by Jink; 08-05-2007 at 12:24 AM.

Im downloading them now. It sounds great.

edit: okay,im already in love and im only on page 9 of ch 0. e-e

edit: meh, reading more I've kinda stopped liking it.

edit: meh, okay so it's still interesting, I'll keep reading. It's not the best, but it's good.
    Last edited by Sushi; 07-31-2007 at 06:33 AM.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Yuno= craziest chick I think I've ever seen in a manga. I gotta say though I like Mirrai Nikki a lot I only started reading it recently (early last week or so since I saw it on lurk) and caught up instantly and just loved it. My favorite character so far has probably been the 12th diary holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    edit: meh, reading more I've kinda stopped liking it.
    why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by moronic_badger View Post
    Yuno= craziest chick I think I've ever seen in a manga. I gotta say though I like Mirrai Nikki a lot I only started reading it recently (early last week or so since I saw it on lurk) and caught up instantly and just loved it. My favorite character so far has probably been the 12th diary holder.
    12th diary holder ftw. He was like a power ranger. =P

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

I just hated that girl that read the scroll. After that I started liking it a little more, like, the 4 year old was pretty cool.

I really hope in the omake for the 12th (when they have it) that they show his face.

the 12th was a nice guy. Probably the second nicest Diary holder we've seen, still crazy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I just hated that girl that read the scroll. After that I started liking it a little more, like, the 4 year old was pretty cool.
    You shouldn't let one character ruin the whole manga for you. =P

Quote Originally Posted by moronic_badger View Post
    I really hope in the omake for the 12th (when they have it) that they show his face.

the 12th was a nice guy. Probably the second nicest Diary holder we've seen, still crazy though.
    He was crazy for all the right reasons. XD

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Sushi you have to take into consideration that one way or another the majority of the characters are gonna die. That's the entire goal of Mirai Nikki.

Yuno was pissing me off with her whole "you can't have any friends, i'll kill them all" thing going on.

Lol, that's one of the things I love best about her.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks