Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    For something like this, a simple answer is more than satisfactory. It was already given too. Assuming that it was the 4th Oro was summoning and that it would have been successful, Sarutobi would have had to fight 3 Hokages and a Sannin (One on the same level as a Kage). You can tack on anything you want to that but considering the 4th's abilities, The 3rd wouldn't have beaten them all. Again, this is all assuming it was the 4th that was being summoned.

The Shinigami does eat the souls of the user and the victim of the Shiki Fujin. You see it while the 3rd is pulling out Oro's soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    He mentions the corpses that could either be the remains, because if preserved properly, the bones will still remain. IE Mummies.

But yet he pulls the souls out here.

Spoiler!
    That's because the Third deemed it the only way to defeat the two of them while still having a chance to defeat Orochimaru. He was making absolutely no headway against them in their fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    or it could be that he's still alive, didn't read the 1st mangas, i only read from where he returns after 3 years of training, but did we ever saw his grave?....i still think that he's alive
    I assume you're talking about Minato but just in case you're talking about The Third, we watched his funeral about halfway through the series.

If you're talking about Minato however, we didn't see his funeral but the technique used to seal the Kyuubi was later used by the Third and we know that the user dies along with the enemy. We also have Minato's dying words "Have Naruto be remembered as a hero." That was paraphrased a bit but I believe that is close to what he said. We know that the Third is the one who delivered them as well.

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    all i'm saying is it wasn't the fourth. as far as speaking in absolutes I can seeing as when sandaime used the sealing jutsu he made it clear that this was an absolute way that he could seal the souls and keep oro from summoning them again. the absolute used is when he said the souls will battle in limbo foreve inside the stomach of the shinigami so thats the absolute "all eternity". unless kishi comes up with a plot hole for eternity i'd pretty much say its safe to use absolutes

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    all i'm saying is it wasn't the fourth. as far as speaking in absolutes I can seeing as when sandaime used the sealing jutsu he made it clear that this was an absolute way that he could seal the souls and keep oro from summoning them again. the absolute used is when he said the souls will battle in limbo foreve inside the stomach of the shinigami so thats the absolute "all eternity". unless kishi comes up with a plot hole for eternity i'd pretty much say its safe to use absolutes
    It wasn't to keep Orochimaru from summoning them again but to keep them from regenerating in their captured bodies. And eternity just means "eternity if and only if no outside force acts on them.'
    If i were to die tomorrow, people could say "his body will rest in the earth for all eternity" and they would be right unless my body were to be moved.
    I am an artist, and my medium is death. I'm about to create my masterpiece :s

Fan of the Rasengan Doujutsu theory, even though it's dead. Although, he does have the special Uzumaki clan blood.

Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    Because he's the hero the shinobi world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Naruto.

thats different. thats within a realm your surronding enviroment can control on a physical level. what i'm talking about is on a spiritual level

it says never gaining release so that seems pretty absolute to me

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    thats different. thats within a realm your surronding enviroment can control on a physical level. what i'm talking about is on a spiritual level

it says never gaining release so that seems pretty absolute to me
    Which is why the Seal of Kyuubi is weakening. A seal as a way to be release from something, even frmo death itself. Only no one has figured the way to do so yet. Anyhow, if you think about it, if you die, you meet death as well, death being summoned to eat your soul and the enemy's soul, same as if you die from old age so far, only the sealing jutsu make it usable in fighting as last resort.
    Too, since you know so much aboutt he third coffin, tell us what exactly is in it, seeing he summoned 2 hokage and a third coffin, I doubt he would summon a useless shinobi. Your guess is as good as mine on this. Even the dead can be resurrected. The 4th was the only one to know that "ultimate" jutsu as well as having the flying thunder god technique, Sarutobi would have been dead in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraky696 View Post
    Which is why the Seal of Kyuubi is weakening. A seal as a way to be release from something, even frmo death itself. Only no one has figured the way to do so yet.
    no the seal on naruto is a different seal. its a hakke seal used to seal off part of the kyuubi chakra, thats the seal that is weakening. minaato could have completely sealed the fox within the shinigami with himself but he used two seals for two different purposes, the hakke seal on naruto and the shiki fuujin on the fox. the hakke seal seperated the foxes yin and yang chakra and one was sealed in naruto and the other was seaed with minato in the shinigami. the fox itself is not sealed in naruto just it's chakra and its essence. it was stated by the sealing frog that the kyuubis chakra exists in naruto and should it ever be released naruto will become the kyuubi becoming a medium for the fox due to the hakke seal. the fox itself wont be released because that is sealed with minato in the shingami due to the shiki fuujin. if you don't believe me here is the frog saying it himself that the fox chakra is sealed in naruto not the fox and explaining the seals. read all three pages.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page009.html
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page011.html
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page012.html

Anyhow, if you think about it, if you die, you meet death as well, death being summoned to eat your soul and the enemy's soul, same as if you die from old age so far, only the sealing jutsu make it usable in fighting as last resort.
    Too, since you know so much aboutt he third coffin, .

you can't compare having you soul eaten and being forced to fight for all eternity to dying of old age and meeting death those are two completely different circumstances. one you summon death itself and your punishment is being eaten and forced to fight for all eternity thus you sould never being allowed to rest. dying of old age holds no such consequence otherwise you'd see all the old characters prying they don't die every two minutes

since you know so much aboutt he third coffin, tell us what exactly is in it, seeing he summoned 2 hokage and a third coffin, I doubt he would summon a useless shinobi. Your guess is as good as mine on this. Even the dead can be resurrected. The 4th was the only one to know that "ultimate" jutsu as well as having the flying thunder god technique, Sarutobi would have been dead in a flash
    I'll tell you what was in there. nothing since oro never knew about the shiki fuujin he never knew he didn't have access to yondaime's soul
    Last edited by Amargo Deathscythe; 08-21-2008 at 05:59 AM.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Also Jiraiya noted the Hakke seal on Naruto's stomach way back during the Chuunin Exams too.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Also Jiraiya noted the Hakke seal on Naruto's stomach way back during the Chuunin Exams too.
    thank you afro your help is always appreciated

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

I guess this is where the so called "Glitch" in this theory is.
    1. We assume that Yondaime was supposed to be in the third coffin.
    2. We also assume that it did not work due to Minato being sealed in the death god. This theory also works because Oro did not know of this. So he would have attempted to summon Minato, and it wouldn't have worked. Which is basicall what happened.
    Here is the problem however. Sarutobi feared the third coffin, and even stated that the soul could no be released no matter what. But Sarutobi knew that Minato was sealed in the death god and therefor should have known it would have been impossible for him to be in there. So why was he fearful. Can you be summoned from the death god. Was it another ninja. Is Minato not in the death god after all. Or did old age, panic, and being busy with oro at the time play a part. I'm really not sure. Either way something was going on there.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan