Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    It's probably better taken on a case to case basis. Like Franky said, it's hard to define ecchi, and usually it's not a problem. Like the mods have said before, it's better to talk to them first, and possibly a mod if it's a problem.

Wink

You can choose to "hide" a signature while making a post right? Well why not do so, if the signature is Ecchi(innapropriate), while posting at the General Discussion sub-forum?
    It would NOT to be a rule but just "encouraged" to do so.
    But avatars... i haven't really seen any Ecchi avatars that might be considered too innapropriate.
    This is a Manga forum right? So shouldn't that kind of stuff(Ecchi/Harem/Other) be expected anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm kind of getting tired of this ecchi avatars and signatures. I don't mind if you put a spoiler tag or whatever. I don't really care if you like ecchi or not. It's just that I don't like it when I'm reading a forum and suddenly I see boob pictures everywhere. This can be especially annoying when you're at work if you know what I mean ^^. I respect this forum for it's discussions. If you want to post ecchi stuff, then post a topic for it, why is there a need to have ecchi pics as your sig? I've even seen some avatars that go beyond ecchi into hentai territory. What kind of forum are we promoting here? If you want that kind of stuff, then go to a hentai forum.
    Also: "This can be especially annoying when you're at work if you know what I mean ^^." -That's why you're mainly complaining about, right? So shouln't Violence, gory, and other related-stuff be included as well? Those kinds of things might not be considered innapropriate at Work, too.
    But i'll say it once again: This is a Manga Forum, stuff like that shouldn't be odd, if you know what i mean.

Ok hows this for a compromise? Theres an option to disable sigs in our control panels. Go to edit options and when you get to Thread Display options its the first box. Job done. Offensive sigs gone. So will all the non-embarressing sigs. But thats the price you pay for your innocence and reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Picture emphasis:

Quote Originally Posted by Genix View Post
    You can choose to "hide" a signature while making a post right? Well why not do so, if the signature is Ecchi(innapropriate), while posting at the General Discussion sub-forum?
    It would NOT to be a rule but just "encouraged" to do so.
    But avatars... i haven't really seen any Ecchi avatars that might be considered too innapropriate.
    This is a Manga forum right? So shouldn't that kind of stuff(Ecchi/Harem/Other) be expected anyway?

Also: "This can be especially annoying when you're at work if you know what I mean ^^." -That's why you're mainly complaining about, right? So shouln't Violence, gory, and other related-stuff be included as well? Those kinds of things might not be considered innapropriate at Work, too.
    But i'll say it once again: This is a Manga Forum, stuff like that shouldn't be odd, if you know what i mean.
    Just to play devil's advocate, I think that argument is a bit invalid. This is a manga forum, not a ecchi, yaoi, hentai, etc. forum. It may not be odd, but there are threads dedicated to sub genres within manga with appropriate titles and tags (ex. NSFW).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look people, I don't foresee a rule being made. Like others have stated above that when browsing at work/school/GF's house etc. you can disable the sigs. I know that is somewhat impractical b/c when you log in there you have to promptly go to your CP and uncheck the option and then recheck it at home but it could work.

I still am a proponent of a self-governed, report system. If you have a problem, report it and then a mod is given the power to use his or her discretion. Plus, if there is a complaint then there is a reason to remove. I hope this thread illuminates a possibly larger issue that people haven't voice yet and will start to. Perhaps people may start to report more and the problem will straighten itself out in the near future...then again, maybe it won't.

I hope that is clear enough. Power to the people!

Franky

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    i agree but if you are at work why are you in the forums.....shouldn't you be um......working. but as far as the ecchi goes i have no problem with it. its the hentai thats taking it too far

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    i agree but if you are at work why are you in the forums.....shouldn't you be um......working. but as far as the ecchi goes i have no problem with it. its the hentai thats taking it too far
    As per the work, well as others have stated it is pretty much anywhere but the privacy of their hole...I mean room.

Obviously, hentai is not warranted and would be remove immediately!

hmm, I strongly disagree,

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, I think that argument is a bit invalid. This is a manga forum, not a ecchi, yaoi, hentai, etc. forum. It may not be odd, but there are threads dedicated to sub genres within manga with appropriate titles and tags (ex. NSFW).
    But Ecchi, Harem, and other related stuff are still Manga genres, and i wasn't talking aboout Hentai.
    *Note: He is complaining about Ecchi in general, and not being especific by saying "Nudity".

Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    True, depending on what kind of work you do.
    Also when that kind of stuff is accessed, while you're at work and in some kind of break, then it will not be considered to be "innapropriate", just as long as *total nudity content is not shown.
    And as far as i know, nobody has posted that kind of stuff outside the Ecchi Fanclub thread and other such threads, and i have yet to seen any full-nudity avatars and signatures in this forum.
    Edit: I dissagree as well with what shadowfox87 has said.

i think the rules we have now are fine and I think the mods have done well to keep the nudity off the site

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List