Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    I help bring you manga!=) [SYN]'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. badguy View Post
    I was under the assumption that it comes out every two weeks, instead of the usual weekly release of other manga.

Gantz is indeed a bi-weekly manga series. What are your thoughts on Gantz Binky?
    ---------

---------

Manga I Own:

*XS Hybrid Vol. 1
    *XS Hybrid Vol. 2
    *XS Hyrbrid Vol 3
    *Gantz Vol 1

Gantz is indeed a bi-weekly manga series.
    I figured as much, what with the process of making the manga including graphic rendering and such. I wish it was weekly like the others, but I can see that the quality of this manga is way beyond alot of the other ones, in fact it's probably the most detailed I've ever seen. I didn't even bother to read manga until about a week ago, and I decided to read this because I had read the description on wikipedia. I figured I'd read til it got boring, but to my surprise, it never happened.Ever. I loved it so much that I read all 269 chapters in 3 days. I love the characters, the action, the comedy, everything about it, and I can't wait until more volumes come out, because it seems like the real story is just beginning to unfold, now that the rules are changing and other teams are involved on an apparently global scale.

Man I love this anime. It's so sick and twisted. And Gantz seems to always be subliminally messing with everyone. lol. I love the nicknames he gives to every1. And the gore is so sweet.

Gantz is the first Manga I've ever read were the main character was the most interesting or likeable to me, so I'm finding this Katou arc slightly annoying, but Gantz has the best artwork I've seen, the characters are incredible, lots of brutal death and a plot that has some really cool elements, though we've yet to find out why things are happening which will be a big deciding point in the series. At the moment it's maybe 2nd/3rd on my personal list, but if we get some explanations or developments which Host Samurai has already hinted at (Talking about the "enemy chip" they've had in their brain as well as mentioning how they've worked alongside the aliens in the past) then it could become my favourite.

I recently started reading this manga, and now I'm up-to-date. I love it, and i hope they bring back Kei soon, and he starts leading them again. I'd love to see how he takes down these new gigantic aliens. I loved the budha temple mission, where he owned completely. I also liked the first mission alot. It showed clearly that the humans were in the wrong, and you can't blame the onion dude for getting pissed off at seeing his kid killed. In most of this manga it shows humans to be the bad guys, except for Katou. He's probably the only good person in this manga, along with the old man. The rest are evil bastards. That's probably what makes it so interesting though. I do hope Izumi comes back too, although I doubt anyone would want to bring him back. It's possible that Nishi might (since we don't know much about their past together), although it'd be more likely for him to either get a new weapon or be free from Gantz. He seems like the type who is just trying to survive. Izumi is pretty kewl, and has awesome fights, but I can't forgive him for killing 387 innocent people just to get back into Gantz. Other than that, though, he's a very entertaining character.

I really like how Kei matured from the time the manga began until, he died. Seeing how selfish and self-centered he was during the first 3 missions, and then comparing that to the two missions against the Kappe and Oni aliens, you can really appreciate how much of an adult he is compared to the other Tokyo members of the past and present. I also liked Izumi, even if he was a psychopath, he was an awesome fighter, and he even showed some compassion for others when he protected his girlfriend from Host. I kind of wonder what could have prompted him to leave Gantz in the first place though, if he was desperate enough to go on a killing spree to get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Gantz is the first Manga I've ever read were the main character was the most interesting or likeable to me, so I'm finding this Katou arc slightly annoying, but Gantz has the best artwork I've seen, the characters are incredible, lots of brutal death and a plot that has some really cool elements, though we've yet to find out why things are happening which will be a big deciding point in the series. At the moment it's maybe 2nd/3rd on my personal list, but if we get some explanations or developments which Host Samurai has already hinted at (Talking about the "enemy chip" they've had in their brain as well as mentioning how they've worked alongside the aliens in the past) then it could become my favourite.
    Seinen manga usually has a main character that is cool and likable. you must be reading a lot of shounen.

or Shojo :p

but actually , i was wondering when does the next chapter will be out..? (well i'm kind a busy reading 20th century boys , Shamo , and Shin angyo onshi and well many others great stuff..) .and also it has incredible art , i find that in gantz the use of violence and sex is just excessive.in a way that it makes senseless..
    Last edited by Sunan; 03-30-2008 at 03:45 AM.

I help bring you manga!=) [SYN]'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunan View Post
    or Shojo :p

but actually , i was wondering when does the next chapter will be out..? (well i'm kind a busy reading 20th century boys , Shamo , and Shin angyo onshi and well many others great stuff..) .and also it has incredible art , i find that in gantz the use of violence and sex is just excessive.in a way that it makes senseless..
    Dont know the exact date, but Gantz is bi-weekly(releases every other week) We were due for a new chapter last week, but for whatever reason, their wasnt. I cant wait for the next chapter. I wanna see how the "Strongest man on the planet" looks.
    ---------

---------

Manga I Own:

*XS Hybrid Vol. 1
    *XS Hybrid Vol. 2
    *XS Hyrbrid Vol 3
    *Gantz Vol 1

i just want Kei to be revived, i think it was better when he was alive and the leader