Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1017
  1. #131
    I help bring you manga!=) [SYN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I know as much as you. But I don't think its fair to say that Nishi survived the Gantz missions by hiding and getting cheap kills. If you remember right his suit went bad right when he started to fight back against the Alien that went on to kill him. And I'm saying that the Oni Alien seemed just as bad until Kurono and Izumi got to him. I just don't like the idea of more retarded plot devices used to beef up the Gantz hunters.
    I understand where your coming from, but their not going to turn Gantz into a mech manga. I bet that mech that the seven time winner is piloting took ages to get. (Most likely multiple wins which NOBODY from the Tokyo team has) But of course I know Nishi is more badass than what we have seen of him. But IDK how he can survive after what just happened to him.

    As for the Oni Alein, you cant compare that alein to this one.Nurarihyon is worth 100 pts alone, not inlcluding the fox demon(68) and the other demon alein(71). There is more than 200pts worth of aleins. The Oni mission was hard, but nothing compared to a shape-shifting, regenerating alein.
    ---------

    ---------

    Manga I Own:

    *XS Hybrid Vol. 1
    *XS Hybrid Vol. 2
    *XS Hyrbrid Vol 3
    *Gantz Vol 1

  2. #132
    Veteran Member gdupninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    i want that dude kei to come back, its just not the same without him =/. and hes the only one getting pussy
    So true. Kei was my favorite character and the way he toke out the onis was soo so gangsta.


    Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

  3. #133
    -_-'
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Castle of Aaaarrrggh
    Posts
    657
    huh? what's this thing you all got with nishi? he's not really strong and how he died the first time was really lame. He's just cloaking all the times and get easy kills.

  4. #134
    Sunglasses at night Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by gdupninja View Post
    So true. Kei was my favorite character and the way he toke out the onis was soo so gangsta.
    Yeah, but look at it this way.

    If Kei was still alive then that means he would have brought back someone with his 100 points. Most likely Kishimoto. So then Kei goes through his little stupid thing where he is always in a strange situation being around her, and ends up fucking himself over when he realizes Kojima can't remember him. He would be a wreck. Theres no way he would ever be as good as he was after the trauma that would have followed his revival of Kishimoto. It would have been even worse if he had revived tomb raider.

    Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    huh? what's this thing you all got with nishi? he's not really strong and how he died the first time was really lame. He's just cloaking all the times and get easy kills.
    You're basing that only after seeing Nishi in 3 missions. He had been there over a year from when Kei and friends first got to the Gantz room. Not to mention how he knows Izumi. So that must mean he was in a team of Gantzers including Izumi. Then I believe that it may have been possible that Izumi and Nishi were the only two to survive on a mission that the rest of the team died on, so when Izumi and Nishi survived and won, Izumi had 100 points and left. Nish was then alone. Remember when Kei was left alone? He had to do a mission by himself. That could have easily turned Nishi into the hider and cheap killer he is now. But that doesn't mean his old self can't come back and be a reliable part of the tokyo team.

    As of now I don't see Nishi dying. Especially since he just now got revived. I believe he knows a lot of information that could lead Kato to possibly finish Gantz off sometime after he revives Kei. Ever notice how Kei just wants to beat the missions? Well, Kato wants to stop Gantz completely. I think Kato will be the guy that points the story in the direction of ending it.

  5. #135
    Senpai Member mgsplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,755
    last chapter was awsome...can't wait to see how oka hachiro looks like... the strongest human in the world!

    alittle google info about hachiro oka : Comedian Hachiro Oka dies at 67 of respiratory failure...
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]


    Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

  6. #136
    I help bring you manga!=) [SYN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    last chapter was awsome...can't wait to see how oka hachiro looks like... the strongest human in the world!

    alittle google info about hachiro oka : Comedian Hachiro Oka dies at 67 of respiratory failure...
    Cool thanks for looking that up. It explains why they said "with a name like Hachiro Oka..." I cant wait to see how this badass looks like as well. The chapter itself was defiantly better than the last few chapters(they weren't bad at all but...) On a side note, he now has over 700 points since he just killed that minotaur-esque alien.
    ---------

    ---------

    Manga I Own:

    *XS Hybrid Vol. 1
    *XS Hybrid Vol. 2
    *XS Hyrbrid Vol 3
    *Gantz Vol 1

  7. #137
    -_-'
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Castle of Aaaarrrggh
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    Yeah, but look at it this way.

    If Kei was still alive then that means he would have brought back someone with his 100 points. Most likely Kishimoto. So then Kei goes through his little stupid thing where he is always in a strange situation being around her, and ends up fucking himself over when he realizes Kojima can't remember him. He would be a wreck. Theres no way he would ever be as good as he was after the trauma that would have followed his revival of Kishimoto. It would have been even worse if he had revived tomb raider.
    Huh? kishimoto was kato's girlfriend and kei is a man now so he wouldn't be a "wreck" like you say imo. And you're forgetting kei lost his memory like tae did but they had some little parts coming back to their mind and agreed each other to try to remember together, it would have been only a matter of time seeing each others again.
    I don't see a reason why he would never be as good as he was.



    Quote Originally Posted by Light
    You're basing that only after seeing Nishi in 3 missions. He had been there over a year from when Kei and friends first got to the Gantz room. Not to mention how he knows Izumi. So that must mean he was in a team of Gantzers including Izumi. Then I believe that it may have been possible that Izumi and Nishi were the only two to survive on a mission that the rest of the team died on, so when Izumi and Nishi survived and won, Izumi had 100 points and left. Nish was then alone. Remember when Kei was left alone? He had to do a mission by himself. That could have easily turned Nishi into the hider and cheap killer he is now. But that doesn't mean his old self can't come back and be a reliable part of the tokyo team.
    Nishi never completed 100 points although he was in gantz for quite a time. He died to weak aliens in the begining. So yes, i assume he's a weakling. Hell, even Reika and old man got 100 points in a few missions.
    But it's sure that i don't understand why he chose to revive that brat.

  8. #138
    Sunglasses at night Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    Huh? kishimoto was kato's girlfriend and kei is a man now so he wouldn't be a "wreck" like you say imo. And you're forgetting kei lost his memory like tae did but they had some little parts coming back to their mind and agreed each other to try to remember together, it would have been only a matter of time seeing each others again.
    I don't see a reason why he would never be as good as he was.
    The memory loss part is even worse. Lets say Kei is revived, Kishimoto is revived, Kei sees Kishimoto, he would remember how in love he was with her. Then he will doubt his faithfulness to Kojima, thus making him a wreck.

    Quote Originally Posted by aaaarrrggh View Post
    Nishi never completed 100 points although he was in gantz for quite a time. He died to weak aliens in the begining. So yes, i assume he's a weakling. Hell, even Reika and old man got 100 points in a few missions.
    But it's sure that i don't understand why he chose to revive that brat.
    Look at when Nishi died. He got killed because he ran in and was greedy for those 10 more points he needed. Then in the current mission he got his arm blown off because yet again, he was greedy for points. It was him being an idiot. But he survived tons of other missions because he wasn't greedy for points.

    And bringing up Reika and the Old Man is unfair. They had Kei as their leader. Right now the Tokyo team is getting their asses kicked because Kei isn't around. Nishi has never witnessed Kei's leadership, so he doesn't entirely believe that someone can lead the team. So now he relies on stealth and cheap tricks.

    If Kei were around I'm sure Nishi would be much smarter and probably not be as greedy seeing as with Kei, they have a good chance of survival.

  9. #139
    Music With Rocks In Binky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    623
    There's apparently no Gantz in Young Jump this week.

    Kind of annoying, I finally got up to date with this Manga and then don't get the reward of a new chapter.

  10. #140
    You can't escape! mr. badguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    350
    I was under the assumption that it comes out every two weeks, instead of the usual weekly release of other manga.

Similar Threads

  1. Gantz 255 by yoniekai
    By yoniekai in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 04:14 PM
  2. Gantz 254 by yoniekai
    By yoniekai in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 07:59 AM
  3. Gantz 249 by bludshock
    By blud in forum Scanlation Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •