Bleach Bleach Ligh Novels

There was not much mention about them and the new ones are interesting and canon (so it seems), thus I thought it would be good to mention what was going around in them .

Short summaries and most of interesting informations, about the novels, are from BleachAsylum, so you can go there and thank them later , or go there for more informations ;P.

The action of both novels take place mainly in Souls Society, within the 17 months in which Ichigo was powerless.

The first one "Spirits Are Forever With You" consist of 2 tomes (authors names on the covers below):
    Spoiler!

This one is full of fighting and action. For info and summaries about it, click THIS, translated by Sauce from BA.

Some pics:
    Spoiler!

Kubo's opinion about the first novel in postscript:
    Spoiler!

The second one "The Death Save the Strawberry" (authors names on the cover below):
    Spoiler!

This one is more light-hearted and is done by the author of previous bleach novels (BLEACH ~Letters From The Other Side~ and BLEACH ―THE HONEY DISH RHAPSODY―). It concentrates on Rukia.

For info and summaries about it, go HERE, from BA as well.

Well, anyway, discuss .

Spoiler!

If they're not written by Kubo,I can't refer to them as canon. Even if the author of Bleach says it's canon,sorry doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondaime123 View Post
    If they're not written by Kubo,I can't refer to them as canon. Even if the author of Bleach says it's canon,sorry doesn't count.
    So, some of Bleach's backgrounds and special effects and lines (for dramatic effects) are not canon as well because they are not made by Kubo (since they are made by his assistance - according to what Bakuman presented ;p) ? Kubo even mentions that he wanted to do himself the last fight in a similar manner, and is very surprised how well it was presented. So basically HE/SHE/IT (the winner of the last fight) would have been this overpowered one way or the other . Not to mention that the second novel ends with Rukia Stabbing Ichigo with the Spirit Sword, I think it is even the same page as in the manga .

Anyway, some scenes are pretty sweet and cute in the second novel ( I forgot to mention that both of them belong to the "Missing Link" project, which aim was to present what was happening within those 17 months of Ichigo being powerless):
    Spoiler!

Oh right some other things worth mentioning from the first novel:
    Spoiler!

Nice find, it would really be cool to read some background info on Kenpachi and the people from before Ichigo. And I have to agree with Zero, if Kubo is saying that this counts as part of his work and was intended then I would count it as official. Lets just see if they put it in a data book or something from Kubo himself
    A pie in the sky?

Awesome thread bro! It's about time Bleach got fleshed out some. Kubo glances over things wayyyyy too much.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Man what the fuck. Why are these semi-important, plot revealing stories happening outside of the main serial? But wait did Kubo say this was Canon? I can't find that statement anywhere.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Stev3child View Post
    Man what the fuck. Why are these semi-important, plot revealing stories happening outside of the main serial? But wait did Kubo say this was Canon? I can't find that statement anywhere.
    The thing is, there is NO statement that they are NOT canon, while for other medias, like games and movies, there was one regarding them not being canon (if Kubo wasn't ok with the stories in them, then he would put a statement regarding them not being part of the official story). Beside they explain the state of things that are currently present in the manga, yet weren't before the time-skip, like Ruki'a new hair style and etc.

Well, they are only semi-important, to the point that they currently do not have much impact on the story. If they didn't exist, the story wouldn't change much anyway, so there really isn't any problem. It was meant to widen the Bleach world and make the story deeper. Plus it's not like there weren't any other Bleach Light Novels before the "Missing Link" project.

What's more, I saw other manga series that had beside them additional light novels, like D.Gray-Man, and those are considered canon.

Basically, as long as there is no mention of them not being canon, they are considered canon. Especially as the books were printed awhile ago and they would have a certain sentence in them if that sentence was needed (for example at the end, postscript etc.).

Thread Killer
    So then Zaraki should be the most powerful thing in all existence for ever and ever and ever. Then why did he get rofl pwn'd by that quincy?

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The thing is, there is NO statement that they are NOT canon, while for other medias, like games and movies, there was one regarding them not being canon (if Kubo wasn't ok with the stories in them, then he would put a statement regarding them not being part of the official story). Beside they explain the state of things that are currently present in the manga, yet weren't before the time-skip, like Ruki'a new hair style and etc.

Well, they are only semi-important, to the point that they currently do not have much impact on the story. If they didn't exist, the story wouldn't change much anyway, so there really isn't any problem. It was meant to widen the Bleach world and make the story deeper. Plus it's not like there weren't any other Bleach Light Novels before the "Missing Link" project.

What's more, I saw other manga series that had beside them additional light novels, like D.Gray-Man, and those are considered canon.

Basically, as long as there is no mention of them not being canon, they are considered canon. Especially as the books were printed awhile ago and they would have a certain sentence in them if that sentence was needed (for example at the end, postscript etc.).
    I see. Well thanks for the clarification regarding canon status of this. I just hope that the hints and implications about the character development of Zaraki doesn't weaken the impact of his character development later in the story when it comes time for Kubo to eventually do it.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...