View Poll Results: Aired or Chronological?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aired

20 71.43%
  • Chronological

8 28.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I've watched it both ways and I prefer it in chronological order because stuffs are easier to understand that way.

The best part about aired order is, in the episode before they're in some sort of trouble. But in the next episode they're completely somewhere else and that leaves you going "wait..why are they in the desert? shouldn't they be dying in the park?"

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    The best part about aired order is, in the episode before they're in some sort of trouble. But in the next episode they're completely somewhere else and that leaves you going "wait..why are they in the desert? shouldn't they be dying in the park?"
    Yeah just like the two parter about the mansion on the island, the first pat and the second part were seperated by about an episode or two.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Well because of everyone discussing the show here, I decided to download it and see how it is.

I will say that the original aired order is something unique to the series, but I became irritated at the fact over the character's true backgrounds were not revealed in the earlier episodes in the original aired order.

However watching the show in actual chronological order removes the "uniqueness" of the show.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Initially, I watched the show Chronological.

However the aired order does give the show a more romantic impression.

I watched both >.<

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    I don't see why anyone would watch Chronological first...

I mean - Usually I start with episode 1 then episode 2...

And it's funnier watching it in aired order

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleplugerine View Post
    I don't see why anyone would watch Chronological first...

I mean - Usually I start with episode 1 then episode 2...
    If you are a newcomer to the Haruhi series, of course the aired order wouldn't make sense to you. You would question whether there is something wrong with the aired order and check out the ever handy wikipedia, only to discover that the order was done on purpose. That leaves you with the choices of the following: watch it in chronological and logical order or the aired and illogical order. I do believe that a good percentage of us chose the chronological order for the sake of sanity and logic. However if you think back, the aired order isn't bad.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    If you are a newcomer to the Haruhi series, of course the aired order wouldn't make sense to you. You would question whether there is something wrong with the aired order and check out the ever handy wikipedia, only to discover that the order was done on purpose. That leaves you with the choices of the following: watch it in chronological and logical order or the aired and illogical order. I do believe that a good percentage of us chose the chronological order for the sake of sanity and logic. However if you think back, the aired order isn't bad.
    Wikintelligence is getting so pathetic ><

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    I started watching the series as it was coming out, so I never had the option of switching to the chronological order. I was half-pissed/half-entertained (by the craziness) when the island mystery episodes weren't shown together. I just kept saying, "What?" at my monitor for ten minutes.

Back to topic, I recently rewatched the series in chronological order to see how it was, and once you do it, you realize that the last aired episode feels like the last episode of the series. (Of course it does, it was the last episode.) Things are looking bright, everything feels nice and happy . . . and then, the next chronological episode feels out of place. It kind of ignores the last two, three minutes of the episode before it, concerning Kyon and Haruhi's "date." However, the last chronological episode does still feel like a good ending episode (though not as good as the last aired episode). I guess the creators did it that way on purpose.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!