Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

One piece worth reading?

Im a big fan of manga and i started reading alot a year ago, and i came across one peice many times but it just seemed soooo long. now that ive caught up with naruto bleach (and the popular manga these days) is it worth reading this super long series?

I just the best shonen at the moment, better than Naruto and Bleach. It has more adventures and journeys, A LOT of more fights, an incredible number of characters and villains still sailing around and a good main story along the main characters' dreams.

These words are coming from a one piece tard who believes One piece is the best manga ever:

Go read the manga. Now. If your a fan of manga, you cannot let this one by. Everything about this manga is a-plus material, and is definitely much better then both Naruto and Bleach.

Artwork: Beautiful, just sheer beauty
    Storyline: Original and captivating, always leaving you wanting more
    Characters: Funny, unique, they're the ones that make this manga so damn great
    Powers: The Devil Fruit give many possibilities to the story, make battles very interesting
    Pirates: PIRATES!!11!1

As a little forewarning. The first few volumes are a bit stale. The action really starts getting good during the Arlong Park arc(starts at chapter 69). Though I still wouldn't recommend skipping chapters 1-68. Just give this manga a try. I've been into it since I was 13(18 years old now) and it has always been my most cherished manga work. Just give it a try. You won't be disappointed. If you want to download some chapters check this thread out.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    These words are coming from a one piece tard who believes One piece is the best manga ever:

Go read the manga. Now. If your a fan of manga, you cannot let this one by. Everything about this manga is a-plus material, and is definitely much better then both Naruto and Bleach.

Artwork: Beautiful, just sheer beauty
    Storyline: Original and captivating, always leaving you wanting more
    Characters: Funny, unique, they're the ones that make this manga so damn great
    Powers: The Devil Fruit give many possibilities to the story, make battles very interesting
    Pirates: PIRATES!!11!1

As a little forewarning. The first few volumes are a bit stale. The action really starts getting good during the Arlong Park arc(starts at chapter 69). Though I still wouldn't recommend skipping chapters 1-68. Just give this manga a try. I've been into it since I was 13(18 years old now) and it has always been my most cherished manga work. Just give it a try. You won't be disappointed. If you want to download some chapters check this thread out.
    It also gets stale around the Drum Empire (snowy island) arc. That was the worst shit ever *shoots Waporu repeatedly until he stops moving* "die die die die!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    It also gets stale around the Drum Empire (snowy island) arc. That was the worst shit ever *shoots Waporu repeatedly until he stops moving* "die die die die!!"
    While Waporu was a total piece of $hit, a crappy excuse for a villain, it was definitely the arc that forced a tear (or two, or more) to to gush out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks, 'cause Hiruruk's devotion as a doctor, his personal dream, and the depth of his passion were some of the most awe-inspiring things I've read in a manga or seen in an anime. While he may not have been the most clinically/technically competent doctor, he brings the whole human element to the story. He loved Chopper so much, that he was willing to consume that poisoned mushroom so as not to make Chopper's hard-fought effort to procure it seem in vain. A perfect example of why everybody should get into One Piece. It's absolute manga/anime crack...lol
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

wow thanks guys ^^ haha
    this forums got alotta friendly ppl =P

Why do you think One Piece is so long? Because there are people out there who desire it to continue forever. The series has ran for 10 years due to its popularity in Japan and elsewhere in the world. I have finished all 465 chapters and I still want 465 more. If One Piece isn't a good series, we wouldn't be here right now. Currently One Piece is Japan's most popular manga series, for some years now. I promise that One Piece will leave a completely different impression on you than the likes of Naruto and Bleach. I have read all three (plus some others), One Piece is doubtlessly one level above them. The start of the series is a bit slow, but you will like it, especially the later parts. One Piece has the unusual trend of improving as the story goes on. Perhaps that's true adventure for you.
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 07-30-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Go GO GO.. Start reading and have fun. Don't miss this one my friend, coz everything is worthy to read.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n0cid3 View Post
    Im a big fan of manga and i started reading alot a year ago, and i came across one peice many times but it just seemed soooo long. now that ive caught up with naruto bleach (and the popular manga these days) is it worth reading this super long series?
    If you really want to get into the series, just download the complete series up to the present through websites like One Piece HQ or through torrents if availble.

By just reading the newest released chapter, you won't really understand what is going on per say.

One Piece is an excellent series and as long as you like manga series like Dragon Ball, or shonen in general, you will like the series. Since One Piece is shonen, fighting for teenage entertainment is the main point of the manga but name a shonen series that doesn't fall into the category. Since shonen just means male fighting series, no offense ladies but it's the truth because of marketing.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    I've read every chapter of the Big Three.

And while Bleach often leaves you thinking you've totally wasted your time, and Naruto just not being very good half the time.

One Piece NEVER fails to disdapoint.

Purely amazing manga - On a totally different class to the others.