Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    The only weakness of One Piece is that it doesn't have an exciting beginning unlike Naruto. However unlike Naruto, the series improves drastically as the story proceeds, while Naruto is slowly but surely degrading. Due to the unexciting beginning, many people are unwilling to keep on reading/watching One Piece and thereby resulting in a smaller fan base compare to Naruto or Bleach. Yet if all those Naruto tards out there actually sit down and spend couple hours on One Piece, they will love it.

Perhaps that's also why One Piece is starting to get a bit more popular now days in North America. After all, I am in no position whatsoever as to lecturing about how slow people are. It took me 2 years to realize that One Piece is the greatest series in existence >.<.(Started two years ago, dropped it, started again almost two years later, loved it.)
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 08-01-2007 at 12:51 AM.

Sanji + Luffy = Sanjuffy trebay57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    The only weakness of One Piece is that it doesn't have an exciting beginning unlike Naruto. However unlike Naruto, the series improves drastically as the story proceeds, while Naruto is slowly but surely degrading. Due to the unexciting beginning, many people are unwilling to keep on reading/watching One Piece and thereby resulting in a smaller fan base compare to Naruto or Bleach. Yet if all those Naruto tards out there actually sit down and spend couple hours on One Piece, they will love it.

Perhaps that's also why One Piece is starting to get a bit more popular now days in North America. After all, I am in no position whatsoever as to lecturing about how slow people are. It took me 2 years to realize that One Piece is the greatest series in existence >.<.(Started two years ago, dropped it, started again almost two years later, loved it.)
    When my friend first introduced me to One Piece, I thought it was wierd. I was too busy into Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho to care about it. Then 4Kids showed the english dub, and I actually really liked it, dispite all the things I didn't know about the series until I got a computer and checked out the Japanese version. All the blood suprised me, along with the profanity and sexually suggestive situations that occured every once in a blue moon.

After a year of reading the manga and watching the anime in Japanese, it was no doubt my most favorite manga of all time. Now in my group of friends, I'm like the One Piece fanboy, then my other friend's the Bleach fanboy, and my other friend's the Naruto fanboy. I think that the beginning chapters are kinda like a trial. If you can last through the boring chapters, you'll get to the good stuff eventually.
    Excuse me, may I see yo panties?

I tried one piece, got to the waporu arc, and stopped. Then I tried again, got to the whale part and stopped. It took me a couple tries and MANY years for me to finally read the whole way through. I was determined to catch up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by trebay57 View Post
    When my friend first introduced me to One Piece, I thought it was wierd. I was too busy into Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho to care about it. Then 4Kids showed the english dub, and I actually really liked it, dispite all the things I didn't know about the series until I got a computer and checked out the Japanese version. All the blood suprised me, along with the profanity and sexually suggestive situations that occured every once in a blue moon.

After a year of reading the manga and watching the anime in Japanese, it was no doubt my most favorite manga of all time. Now in my group of friends, I'm like the One Piece fanboy, then my other friend's the Bleach fanboy, and my other friend's the Naruto fanboy. I think that the beginning chapters are kinda like a trial. If you can last through the boring chapters, you'll get to the good stuff eventually.
    it's rare to find someone who got into one piece through the dub =P

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

One Piece is amazing. I never thought I'd actually laugh at a comic before but many times that has been proven wrong. Not only is it funny but the action in top notch and it has that epic feeling that a good oldschool rpg has.

Not to forget, you learn so many thing while reading one piece, It open your mind to the world around you teaching that there is a lot of new thing to be found in your life...

Most of the plot reflexing our present world

It's quit motivational reading one piece....

read it while you can ...... there is nothing to lose
    Noroi

One piece is of course the manga among manga.
    I love it so much. I want more one piece...

I'm supposed to be in japan...yet i spend more time in the middle of the pacific
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    it's rare to find someone who got into one piece through the dub =P
    I did, it took that and peer pressure. My friends were talking about one piece and at first i called it stupid, and said i'd never watch it until i saw the luffy versus buggy fight. It was before the dub ran out of lines and resorted to crappy puns so it was sort of interesting. That's when i decided i would stick with one piece every saturday morning.