Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hells yeah the manga is great, and even the anime is amazing. The One Piece fillers are for the most part tolerable unlike some...*cough* (naruto bleach) *cough*

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleplugerine View Post
    I've read every chapter of the Big Three.

And while Bleach often leaves you thinking you've totally wasted your time, and Naruto just not being very good half the time.

One Piece NEVER fails to disdapoint.

Purely amazing manga - On a totally different class to the others.
    I support this post.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    ... instead I will bring up the most important part of one piece, and that is nakama, or companion as it means in english, although that word is not strong enough to describe its real meaning, its the closest one can get. Its a word wich meaning can make a man climb a mountain with his bare hands in the middle of a blizzard, its a word that can make a man go on even though his body can bear it no longer, its a word wich can make you confront your fears and stand up against a foe you know you have absolutely no chans of winning against... it means all that and more.
    You actually made a few tears come out of my eyes, making me remember those moments and those feelings.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    It also gets stale around the Drum Empire (snowy island) arc. That was the worst shit ever *shoots Waporu repeatedly until he stops moving* "die die die die!!"
    While Waporu was a total piece of $hit, a crappy excuse for a villain, it was definitely the arc that forced a tear (or two, or more) to to gush out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks, 'cause Hiruruk's devotion as a doctor, his personal dream, and the depth of his passion were some of the most awe-inspiring things I've read in a manga or seen in an anime. While he may not have been the most clinically/technically competent doctor, he brings the whole human element to the story. He loved Chopper so much, that he was willing to consume that poisoned mushroom so as not to make Chopper's hard-fought effort to procure it seem in vain. A perfect example of why everybody should get into One Piece. It's absolute manga/anime crack...lol
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

Go for the manga! 98% of the time you will start crying from laughing to hard! That 2% is like half the alabasta arc, some sad flashbacks and some serous fights. Even then there are some hilarous characters(Bellemere^^) that will lessen the serousness and tension! If you like awesome, creative, and funny fights, read One Piece. If you just like comedy and seeing Luffy doing stupid things, READ ONE PIECE!!
    O.o

Ho Ho. The manga version is superior than the anime version. The anime version is hilarious, but I am well aware that people like blood. Thereby you should go for the manga version. The early section of One Piece is quite slow for blood thirsty 12 year olds, even more so for the anime version. Regardless, I suggest you read One Piece thoroughly. You will LOVE it. The series as a whole is definitely one level above the likes of Naruto and Bleach. You will see what I meant if you are willing to give One Piece a chance. Don't worry, the graphic of the anime improves drastically overtime.
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 07-31-2007 at 05:05 AM.

The manga is worth reading. Every arc is as awesome as others. except for few arc which is indeed more awesome than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    I support this post.
    And I support this post, seconding Noodleplugerine's earlier words.

Spoiler!

So…what the heck was I trying to say? Umm.. Yeah, silver line: “Very good, must read. Go for it.” *Waves Green Flag*
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."

Without a doubt, the spoiler highlighted above will send tears running down your cheek, assuming you're caught up to the story thus far. This series is just too good to pass up. Too damn good...
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

Sanji + Luffy = Sanjuffy trebay57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrataRazor View Post
    Without a doubt, the spoiler highlighted above will send tears running down your cheek, assuming you're caught up to the story thus far. This series is just too good to pass up. Too damn good...
    Uhh... I never cried for anything I read before, but One Piece does make you feel sad at times when you need to be sad. The only thing it doesn't have is poo poo romances, though I would have to say that's more of a plus than anything.
    Excuse me, may I see yo panties?