Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521

    Gaara is the STRONGEST!

    Yeah I said it, Gaara is the strongest. and my favorite character so yeah i'm biased.

    And Gaara can defeat ANYONE no exceptions. First to reach Kage level from the main 15 gennin.


    Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, Rock Lee, That Old Lady Down The Street, Gaara can defeat them all!

    However what will he be like now that he's lost his bijuu? Will he look different now that he can actually sleep safely? Will he becoem stronger than before? or will he be weakened?

  2. #2
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Only reason he really became Kage is so they could keep a better eye on him.

    And he lost his Bijuu, but it shows that he still has some sand controlling power. I wonder how that will work out.

    Also Gaara should have died. He only lived because Kishimoto catered to fanboys/girls.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Only reason he really became Kage is so they could keep a better eye on him.

    And he lost his Bijuu, but it shows that he still has some sand controlling power. I wonder how that will work out.

    Also Gaara should have died. He only lived because Kishimoto catered to fanboys/girls.
    Made him Kazekage just to keep a better eye on him? I highly doubt this. Gaara worked hard and earned the support of the people. And he was already known as the strongest in the village. From what we've seen in Konoha, Gaara does fit the bill to become a Kage.

    1. Strongest in village.
    2. Support of the people.

    They had him around that whole time after the 4th Kazekage died and even before then they were able to keep an eye on Gaara i do not see any need or benefit in making someone that u need to keep an eye on the supreme authority.

    And where does it say that Kishimoto kept Gaara alive because of the fans? Though i do admit i'd have to walk into his office with a Rocket Launcher if he ever dared to kill off Gaara....that would be unforgivable. He reminds me of Iori Yagami too much, mixed with Vegeat. So it's like all my favorites all in one.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wicked View Post
    Gaara's power got cut by half.. No, more like less then that.. since he no longer haves his bijuu, so he got very weak, i don't think this will stop him though..
    Ummm his power got cut by half? it doesnt say this anywhere that i remember.

    and he got very weak? i dont think so. He's Kazekage after all and remember as longa s he's awake the bijuu is supressed. Gaara is the same as Naruto. He woudlnt rely on the bijuu's power all the time. And the sand that was always protecting him isnt related to the bijuuu last I remember (i could be wrong), it was his own unique unexplained ability.

    And given that he can control sand still i'd say his abilities are close to the 3rd Kazekage who also was able to control sand. IMO We only saw Gaara's own personal skills in Shippuden and that says a LOT.

    Even back in teh chunnin exam days he wasnt using the bijuu power until his match with Sasuke.

  4. #4
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    Made him Kazekage just to keep a better eye on him? I highly doubt this. Gaara worked hard and earned the support of the people. And he was already known as the strongest in the village. From what we've seen in Konoha, Gaara does fit the bill to become a Kage.

    1. Strongest in village.
    2. Support of the people.

    They had him around that whole time after the 4th Kazekage died and even before then they were able to keep an eye on Gaara i do not see any need or benefit in making someone that u need to keep an eye on the supreme authority.

    And where does it say that Kishimoto kept Gaara alive because of the fans? Though i do admit i'd have to walk into his office with a Rocket Launcher if he ever dared to kill off Gaara....that would be unforgivable. He reminds me of Iori Yagami too much, mixed with Vegeat. So it's like all my favorites all in one.
    Note that he didn't have anyones support until after he protected the village from Deidara. And it's been said in the manga that he only became a Kazekage to keep a eye on him.

    It doesn't say it anywhere that Kishi kept Gaara alive for the fans, but it's pretty obvious that it did happen. Gaara shouldn't have lived, Chiyo shouldn't have come to save the day with her plothole-no-jutsu. Gaara dying would have added so much more to the plot. Gaara is one of the most popular characters of the manga. Kishi just killing him would cause an uproar of bitching from the fans.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  5. #5
    Cookie Monster The Wicked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LeDisko Land
    Posts
    179
    Gaara's power got cut by half.. No, more like less then that.. since he no longer haves his bijuu, so he got very weak, i don't think this will stop him though..

  6. #6
    Veteran Member tatsukai1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    hawaii
    Posts
    1,494
    well in the manga he's ok but in the newest naruto game for the ps2, shippuden accel, he's a friggin beast. you can float him on a sand cloud and do sand tidal wave jutsu until he falls off the cloud, which last for about 30 sec, then do it all over again.
    anyway lol in the manga he's no longer that powerful

    made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by ryusukai1990 View Post
    well in the manga he's ok but in the newest naruto game for the ps2, shippuden accel, he's a friggin beast. you can float him on a sand cloud and do sand tidal wave jutsu until he falls off the cloud, which last for about 30 sec, then do it all over again.
    anyway lol in the manga he's no longer that powerful
    Well Gaara was always seen as a prodigy though. And yeah I love using him in the video games hehehe, im near undefeated in them.

    But as far as the manga and not being that powerful. I'd say you are right he doesnt seem as powerful and threatening as he once was. Given that he was much stronger thant he other 14 gennins when he was introduced and tillt he end of part 1.

    However, this is only because he's not one of the main characters so we dont get to see him "developing" or showing off his prowess the way we see Sasuke/Naruto. And seeing Sasuke and Naruto evolve makes the other ex-gennin seem weak and in lack of real development.

    However let's really think about this. Neji is a Jounin. no matter how you look at it even though they didnt go in detail on his prowess to achieve Jounin is no easy task, specialy in the leaf village of all places.

    And then for Gaara to be at Kage level, he most be packing some serious power. Other hidden villages arent stupid, they are sure to have spies and what not informing them about everything. The Wind Village is the 2nd strongest/largest village, a BIG target specially for anyone aspiring to compete with Konoha.

    So if we look at it that way, Gaara's strength must be comparable to that of Tsunade, Jiraiya, Orochimaru. Worthy of Kage otherwise seein how many great powerful nin there are out there, they would be trying to invade the Sand all day every day because of having lack of strength.

    Also Kakashi was weary of Deidara since he was able to defeat Gaara, who Kakashi knows is no joke. This is why he refused to leave Naruto alone. If Gaara was defeated Naruto would surely fall as well. (and from what we've seen of Deidara's abilities this was truth)

    So i'd say Gaara's strength as Kazekage are definetly above Kakashis. And near the Legendary Sannin/Akatsuki level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Note that he didn't have anyones support until after he protected the village from Deidara. And it's been said in the manga that he only became a Kazekage to keep a eye on him.

    It doesn't say it anywhere that Kishi kept Gaara alive for the fans, but it's pretty obvious that it did happen. Gaara shouldn't have lived, Chiyo shouldn't have come to save the day with her plothole-no-jutsu. Gaara dying would have added so much more to the plot. Gaara is one of the most popular characters of the manga. Kishi just killing him would cause an uproar of bitching from the fans.
    Yes i'd be one of those bitchin fans admittedly.

    Plot-hole-no-jutsu? Ummm it wasnt any more riduculous that damn near all of Orochimaru's jutsus. Or how about the summoning jutsus? I mean seriously wtf? By now im used to Naruto having these really out of this world techniques(heck the summonin one is literally out of this world...)

    And the old council men were always biased against Gaara you cant take their word as being the truth. They've said so much crap.

    Also who says Gaara didnt have the people's support? Last I remember everyone was out yelling "kazekage-sama" and worried about him. Well maybe not 'everyone' but a whole lot were. Just like here in the US we dont all like Bush, but we still made him president right? Majority wins.

  8. #8
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    And the old council men were always biased against Gaara you cant take their word as being the truth. They've said so much crap.

    Also who says Gaara didnt have the people's support? Last I remember everyone was out yelling "kazekage-sama" and worried about him. Well maybe not 'everyone' but a whole lot were. Just like here in the US we dont all like Bush, but we still made him president right? Majority wins.
    The councils feelings reflect the feelings of the nations. Everyones scared of him. He's a monster. If you've been reading this manga then you would know that. And if you haven't noticed(and I've said this before) he didn't win anyones recognition until after he saved the village from Deidara.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    The councils feelings reflect the feelings of the nations. Everyones scared of him. He's a monster. If you've been reading this manga then you would know that. And if you haven't noticed(and I've said this before) he didn't win anyones recognition until after he saved the village from Deidara.

    I tend to agree with Jink. Gaara was a pretty bloodthirsty guy for a long time. Sure, after his fight with Naruto, he turned into a good guy and strived to be recognized by his village. The way I see it is that the sand village has a group of elders who discuss policy, etc... about the village and probably are responsible for choosing a kazekage when necessary. It is likely that some members chose Gaara as kazekage in order to keep an eye on him and others chose him because of his strength and others chose him because of his newfound personality.

    However, I don't really think that Kishimoto kept Gaara alive just because he was a popular character. The whole point of the series is that one of Naruto's (the character) strengths is his ability to earn friends. Gaara was one major example of this, and, when the time comes, I'm sure Kishimoto will bring him back in order to help Naruto (cause it seems that Naruto has a lot of trouble coming up ahead). Also, Gaara represents the link between the sand and leaf villages. If Gaara died, then who would be kazekage? Kankurou? Temari? Doubtful. Keeping Gaara alive is necessary in order to show Naruto's ability to form bonds with enemies, strangers, etc...etc... and in order to build him up as the next great hokage (because he can build ties with other villages).

  10. #10
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Well, what your saying kind of makes sense, but Naruto already won over Gaara. His ability to change the hearts of people as well as their mind state on the world has already been expressed through his bonds with Gaara. You say keeping Gaara alive is necessary to show Naruto's ability to form bonds, but it isn't necessary for him to be alive the show that fact. It's already been shown that he can do that, but not only with Gaara, but with other characters to(Iruka, Inari, Tsunade, other konoha genin, etc). All of that has already been documented, Gaara's life is not necessary to keep on that thought. IMO Gaara's death would have added so much more to the plot. Keeping him alive is unecessary to me. That's why I say Kishimoto kept Gaara alive just for the fanboys/girls.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 946
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 01:58 PM
  2. Strongest Character
    By AznDevil in forum Bleach
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 04:54 AM
  3. gaara
    By bankai in forum Naruto Theories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Strongest pirate
    By jio999 in forum One Piece
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •