Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    What chapter was this revealed in the manga? I don't remember reading about Garra after Chiyo sacrificed her life for him.
    It's revealed logically where he learned how to control his powers while bonding to the Shukaku, so he didnt really lose all his powers or knowledge of using sand.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    What chapter was this revealed in the manga? I don't remember reading about Garra after Chiyo sacrificed her life for him.
    I'm not positive if he has his absolute sand defence anymore since I'm pretty sure that was involuntary by the Shukaku but he still does have control over sand. He used the sand to move Naruto's hand to shake with him after he was resurrected.

Gaara can still move/use sand but it isn't know to what degree. I love gaara i think he rocks but i don't know if he is the strongest. Even if he isn't he is still one of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah15 View Post
    Gaara can still move/use sand but it isn't know to what degree. I love gaara i think he rocks but i don't know if he is the strongest. Even if he isn't he is still one of my favorite characters.
    The only thing we saw Gaara do after he was revived by Chiyo was use the sand to raise Naruto's hand so he could shake it. So, he can use it somewhat, we have proof of that, but anything beyond that is up for grabs.

Reading this thread and hearing all the thoughts and references, I've come to a simple solution . . . plot armor.

Plot armor = things happen because they have to happen for the plot to go the way it does.

Why does Gaara's sand protect him? To make him a badass enemy (and to help show Rock Lee's talents involving speed; it can be argued that Gaara was first thought up as a person Lee could fight, but I don't think it's a strong argument).

Why did Gaara lose against Deidara? So that Gaara would be captured and Naruto would follow after him. Also, so that Chiyo could give her life to bring him back to life, which would get rid of the strong character Chiyo (instead of just having her go *poof* back into the Sand village) as well as show some death in the series, which it had been lacking.

Plot armor - God bless it, it makes everything look and feel so good. It's why Temari helped Shikamaru and Kankuro helped Kiba and Gaara helped Lee instead of Kankuro helping Shikamaru or Lee and so on during the Sound 5 fights. (Best example I can think of right now.)
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    The only thing we saw Gaara do after he was revived by Chiyo was use the sand to raise Naruto's hand so he could shake it. So, he can use it somewhat, we have proof of that, but anything beyond that is up for grabs.

Reading this thread and hearing all the thoughts and references, I've come to a simple solution . . . plot armor.

Plot armor = things happen because they have to happen for the plot to go the way it does.

Why does Gaara's sand protect him? To make him a badass enemy (and to help show Rock Lee's talents involving speed; it can be argued that Gaara was first thought up as a person Lee could fight, but I don't think it's a strong argument).

Why did Gaara lose against Deidara? So that Gaara would be captured and Naruto would follow after him. Also, so that Chiyo could give her life to bring him back to life, which would get rid of the strong character Chiyo (instead of just having her go *poof* back into the Sand village) as well as show some death in the series, which it had been lacking.

Plot armor - God bless it, it makes everything look and feel so good. It's why Temari helped Shikamaru and Kankuro helped Kiba and Gaara helped Lee instead of Kankuro helping Shikamaru or Lee and so on during the Sound 5 fights. (Best example I can think of right now.)
    lol well put.

Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    lol well put.
    I love to ponder why things happen in stories, but I always end up remembering that the mangaka controls everything for a reason. I ruin things for myself, lol.

Because of that, I always liked the thought of a tournament in a series where the author actually picked the fights randomly instead of deciding who would fight who for himself.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

been away for a bit but im back so here's what i think lol.
    Gaara is one of the coolest characters in narutoverse but.. he is not the strongest. Yes, you could say he lost in the past just to create or because it was part of the story but that shouldnt blind you from the truth... he lost. I'm not saying cause he lost he isn't strong just not the strongest. Naruto beat him in a FULL bijuu form and naruto didnt even use his... Sasuke almost killed him with Chidori so Kakashi would have pwned him if he wanted.. Gai is 10 times stronger than Lee AND faster so he would have prob wuzazazup that ass... The 3rd Hokage was elected Hokage when he was younger than Gaara and 2, not just 1 but 2, other Hokages were still alive... NOW THAT IS THE STRONGEST NINJA IN THIS UNIVERSE... 3rd Hokage...
    My favorite is Itachi but the fact that I just mentioned makes it hard to say he isnt.. what u guys think?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    I love to ponder why things happen in stories, but I always end up remembering that the mangaka controls everything for a reason. I ruin things for myself, lol.

Because of that, I always liked the thought of a tournament in a series where the author actually picked the fights randomly instead of deciding who would fight who for himself.
    hahaha i do that, i thought of the same thing. In the stuff I write when i setup tournaments i do it entirely random and ia lso try to add some randomness to who wins as well. by flippin a coin and then writting alone the lines of how it would come about.

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    been away for a bit but im back so here's what i think lol.
    Gaara is one of the coolest characters in narutoverse but.. he is not the strongest. Yes, you could say he lost in the past just to create or because it was part of the story but that shouldnt blind you from the truth... he lost. I'm not saying cause he lost he isn't strong just not the strongest. Naruto beat him in a FULL bijuu form and naruto didnt even use his... Sasuke almost killed him with Chidori so Kakashi would have pwned him if he wanted.. Gai is 10 times stronger than Lee AND faster so he would have prob wuzazazup that ass... The 3rd Hokage was elected Hokage when he was younger than Gaara and 2, not just 1 but 2, other Hokages were still alive... NOW THAT IS THE STRONGEST NINJA IN THIS UNIVERSE... 3rd Hokage...
    My favorite is Itachi but the fact that I just mentioned makes it hard to say he isnt.. what u guys think?
    Well i do respect the opinions of fellow Berserk fans but

Gaara wasnt in "FULL" bijuu form. Shukaku wasnt fully awakened yet, that's what the frog warned Naruto of. He said they needed to do something FAST before Shukaku fully awakens. Plus Naruto didnt "beat" Gaara it was a tie, the end result is both of them on the floor with nothing left.

And well Sasuke's chidori didnt 'almost' kill Gaara either, it did injure him heavily but it was never near fatal. On the other hand...Gaara pwned Sasuke in round 2.

I agree during the chunnin exam most of the jounins would be able to fight Gaara and likely win. But not the chunnins and below. And during the Rescue Sasuke arc Gaara was way stronger than he had been during the chunnin exam as seen in his databook entries out of all the genins he made the most improvement, and we saw it in his fight vs. Kimimaro who had the power of an elite jounin level ninja. By Gaara's stats alone he was also at jounin level at that point.

And I agree, the 3rd must've been da ish during his time. Known as the greatest hokage ever. This is why i dont think Itachi is all that special, because there's ppl like the 3rd around.

However from lookin at how Gaara improved from the chunnin exam to the rescue sasuke arc, I dare say his improvements in Shippuden must've been insane (well we did see him protect the village of sand with a massive sand shield and even injured he pressed on to protect his village. So when I say Gaara is the greatest I mean among the 15 genin that we all saw grow up. The only one I can truly see comparing in growth is Sasuke.

Don't double post, use the edit button.
    -Spade
    Last edited by Asce; 08-01-2007 at 10:11 PM.

in that sense yes he is.. even more than sasuke.. sauske just caught up because he had Oro teaching him... who taught Gaara? no one.. that mofo did iit on his own. Gaara is by far superior than anyone of his generation...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    in that sense yes he is.. even more than sasuke.. sauske just caught up because he had Oro teaching him... who taught Gaara? no one.. that mofo did iit on his own. Gaara is by far superior than anyone of his generation...
    *nods* thus the thread. in honor of Gaara's awesomeness lol