Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I think that even in these circumstances, Gaara would be alright. I'm sure that even if he's weakened by the removal of his bijuu, he still have his talent as a shinobi to help him out. Like Naruto in the first part of the series. He doesn't know that he even has the Kyuubi inside of him and yet, he's done well for himself.

Gaara looking differently because he could sleep now?
    ... I doubt it. He still has Kazekage paperworks to do that I'm sure would take him the whole night to finish. Have you ever noticed that in the Shippuden series, his desk is paperwork free while Tsunade's stack could already a paper castle? ...hm... Gaara must really love paperwork...

Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    Gaara was fighting to fend off the attack NOT to win. there's a difference when u want to protect something u dont fight to win, you fight to protect.

oh and i'ma go back to the earlier chapters when they explain the sand defense if i remember correctly the sand defense is NOT shukaku's doin. It's something that's said that Gaara's mother left for him
    Shusaku was what his mother left for him, so to speak. Besides, it's not like a mother's love can make sand surround a person and protect them.

Anyways, I have a theory about the Bijuu: They exist within the hosts, and their powers can directly be used by the host (such as Naruto telling the fox to give him enough chakra to summon the giant toad). However, because the Bijuu exists within the host, some of the Bijuu's power soaks through and give the host power. This is why Naruto heals so quickly. Kakashi noted this near the beginning of the series when Naruto stuck a kunai in his hand; Kakashi said that the fox's power was what made Naruto's wound heal almost instantly. Naruto wasn't cognizant of this happening, and I'm sure the fox didn't go, "Oh, he's mildly hurt. I better heal him quickly." I'm sure this soaking thing is what made the sand protect Gaara. This is all a theory though.

Also, I don't know why nobody's said this, but the Sand is weak. They fought a war AND LOST. Their Kazekage was killed, and they lost a lot of strong shinobi. Who were they going to make the new Kazekage if not Gaara? Kankuro? Gaara's team leader (or whoever that guy is)? Of course Gaara was the best candidate because he was the strongest in the village and the village needed a strong symbol to not let the other villages think they were weak. This, however, does not mean that Gaara is anywhere near the level of the Sannin. He's not. He's hella-strong, yes, but he can be beaten by many others. He'd probably lose to the five-hearts guy from Akatsuki that Naruto defeated, I dare say. As for the fight with Deidara, though it's been said a hundred times before in this thread, GAARA WAS AT AN EXTREME DISADVANTAGE! Does this mean he could have won in a fair fight against Deidara? No; he would have been killed. Why? C4. I believe that was the thing that got into you on a microscopic level. Sasuke was only able to beat Deidara because he could use lightning chakra, which as far as we know, Gaara cannot do.

Gaara is strong and all, but no character is unbeatable. This is a shonen series, and that means that the mangaka creates characters that are "destined" to fight one another, such as Sasuke vs. Deidara with Sasuke's ability to diffuse Deidara's bombs. It's happened throughout the entire series, and it's happened in a lot of other series. It's part of the shonen experience. That's why it's all but impossible to say that one character is the strongest and cannot lose to anybody ever.

(Note: 100th post. Yay.)
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

And this is why naruto will be the best Hokage ever: Kage Bunshin no jutsuaperwork edition! Create one clone for each document and take the rest of the day off.(possible drawbacks include narcolepsy due to sudden onset of fatigue).

Don't say he can't he made one for every leaf on a tree during his wind training and then had said clones do exhaustive training so he could totally pull it off. Yep, he's the ultimate bureaucrat waiting to happen.
    My pants are on break right now.

Why do I like Naruto?

Spoiler!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFiqRidz View Post
    I highly doubt Gaara is strongest. Jiraiya and other top tier ninja like Kisame can beat him.
    You have no prove to back this up we can debate it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by placeboshotgun View Post
    Yeah but that was when gaara referred to shukaku as mother.

Remember when he said stuff like "Yes mother I'll feed you some more blood very soon." and things along those lines to shukaku screaming in his head?
    Well it wasnt Gaara himself that explained the "his mother left him the sand protection" idea. It was other sand nin that explained this if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    Shusaku was what his mother left for him, so to speak. Besides, it's not like a mother's love can make sand surround a person and protect them.

Anyways, I have a theory about the Bijuu: They exist within the hosts, and their powers can directly be used by the host (such as Naruto telling the fox to give him enough chakra to summon the giant toad). However, because the Bijuu exists within the host, some of the Bijuu's power soaks through and give the host power. This is why Naruto heals so quickly. Kakashi noted this near the beginning of the series when Naruto stuck a kunai in his hand; Kakashi said that the fox's power was what made Naruto's wound heal almost instantly. Naruto wasn't cognizant of this happening, and I'm sure the fox didn't go, "Oh, he's mildly hurt. I better heal him quickly." I'm sure this soaking thing is what made the sand protect Gaara. This is all a theory though.

Also, I don't know why nobody's said this, but the Sand is weak. They fought a war AND LOST. Their Kazekage was killed, and they lost a lot of strong shinobi. Who were they going to make the new Kazekage if not Gaara? Kankuro? Gaara's team leader (or whoever that guy is)? Of course Gaara was the best candidate because he was the strongest in the village and the village needed a strong symbol to not let the other villages think they were weak. This, however, does not mean that Gaara is anywhere near the level of the Sannin. He's not. He's hella-strong, yes, but he can be beaten by many others. He'd probably lose to the five-hearts guy from Akatsuki that Naruto defeated, I dare say. As for the fight with Deidara, though it's been said a hundred times before in this thread, GAARA WAS AT AN EXTREME DISADVANTAGE! Does this mean he could have won in a fair fight against Deidara? No; he would have been killed. Why? C4. I believe that was the thing that got into you on a microscopic level. Sasuke was only able to beat Deidara because he could use lightning chakra, which as far as we know, Gaara cannot do.

Gaara is strong and all, but no character is unbeatable. This is a shonen series, and that means that the mangaka creates characters that are "destined" to fight one another, such as Sasuke vs. Deidara with Sasuke's ability to diffuse Deidara's bombs. It's happened throughout the entire series, and it's happened in a lot of other series. It's part of the shonen experience. That's why it's all but impossible to say that one character is the strongest and cannot lose to anybody ever.

(Note: 100th post. Yay.)

That was an awesome post however...

I'll really have to look back on the mother thing with the sand protection, I used to think it was because of shukaku but i'm also not sure because that thing is on 24/7. I think its a special ability unique to Gaara since everyone in the sand village seems puzzled by it. Heck his father the 4th kept trying to get rid of him and couldnt because of this very ability so It leads me to believe that none of the previous jinchuriki of shukaku before Gaara had this ability and that woudlnt make sense.

So that this would directly contradict "the bijuu is constantly ON and protecting" theory. I think the jinchuriki has to constantly release the bijuu for its power to be realeased, imo maybe Naruto was unknowingly releasing the kyuubi to rapid heal, as he's seen healing himself super fast in some occasions but on other occasions he gets hurt and stays hurt.

The sand is the 2nd strongest village by size and ninja level. Konoha just happens to be superior specially in numbers. But the quality of the Sand nin is superior overall. This was explained in the earlier chapters as how the villages keep a "power balance". Have you seen the Databooks? These are Gaara stats (2x)

[] = During Chunnin Exam Arc
    () = During Sasuke Rescue Arc

Gaara [Total 40] (53)
    ========================
    Ninjutsu - 7 (9)
    Taijutsu - 2 (4)
    Genjutsu - 5 ()
    Intelligence - 5 (7)
    Power - 2 (4)
    Speed - 4 (6)
    Stamina - 8 (10)
    Seal - 7 (8)

Look at his stats. And remember Gaara is the same age as Naruto. His chunnin exam stats are at chunnin level (chunnins have a total point of about 35 - 45). Also note this is Gaara's NORMAL strength Bijuu not included. His strength sky rocketed during the Sasuke Rescue ark placing him at Jounin level by the end of part 1. Just for comparison, Anko the examiner of Chunnin Exam 2 has a total of 50 points. And it was said that she had just become a jounin.

Again take into account Gaara's age. It's no surprise that he was Kazekage after the time skip. He's been monstrously growing. And this is his normal strength WITHOUT the bijuu. One thing people dont notice is that Gaara also had as much chakra as Naruto in the beginnin, and during the Sasuke arc, Gaara had already topped his Chakra.

Gaara is NO JOKE.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Gaara is far from the strongest. If he was he wouldn't have lost to Deidara even if he wanted to protect the village, he was also still out to kill Deidara.

Quote Originally Posted by Salir View Post
    I think that even in these circumstances, Gaara would be alright. I'm sure that even if he's weakened by the removal of his bijuu, he still have his talent as a shinobi to help him out. Like Naruto in the first part of the series. He doesn't know that he even has the Kyuubi inside of him and yet, he's done well for himself.
    The question is, can Garra still control sand the way he used to without the Shukakku?

Quote Originally Posted by placeboshotgun View Post
    And this is why naruto will be the best Hokage ever: Kage Bunshin no jutsuaperwork edition! Create one clone for each document and take the rest of the day off.(possible drawbacks include narcolepsy due to sudden onset of fatigue).

Don't say he can't he made one for every leaf on a tree during his wind training and then had said clones do exhaustive training so he could totally pull it off. Yep, he's the ultimate bureaucrat waiting to happen.
    ...Any jounin class ninja could do that. If they haven't thought of doing it that way, then Naruto obviously won't

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    The question is, can Garra still control sand the way he used to without the Shukakku?

...Any jounin class ninja could do that. If they haven't thought of doing it that way, then Naruto obviously won't
    Allow me to introduce you to a friend of mine:Humour!

This merry fellow desires nothing more than your laughter and seeks only to amuse so please do not take him seriously for that is not his intent. Laugh with him for he will always laugh for you.

Aside:The others may have thought of it but remember what Kakashi said about naruto being the only one able to use kage bunshin to train?

Lots of paper = lots of bunshin
    lots of bushin = naruto's speciality and rarely seen elsewhere

but honestly:it's just a joke.
    My pants are on break right now.

Why do I like Naruto?

Spoiler!

While it may be a joke, it's still a good idea. Forgive me for not being able to detect the slightest sarcasm through text.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Gaara is still able to use the sand as a weapon or a shield, but again he wont be anything close to what he was before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wicked View Post
    Gaara is still able to use the sand as a weapon or a shield, but again he wont be anything close to what he was before.
    What chapter was this revealed in the manga? I don't remember reading about Garra after Chiyo sacrificed her life for him.

Ravona