Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    The councils feelings reflect the feelings of the nations. Everyones scared of him. He's a monster. If you've been reading this manga then you would know that. And if you haven't noticed(and I've said this before) he didn't win anyones recognition until after he saved the village from Deidara.

    I tend to agree with Jink. Gaara was a pretty bloodthirsty guy for a long time. Sure, after his fight with Naruto, he turned into a good guy and strived to be recognized by his village. The way I see it is that the sand village has a group of elders who discuss policy, etc... about the village and probably are responsible for choosing a kazekage when necessary. It is likely that some members chose Gaara as kazekage in order to keep an eye on him and others chose him because of his strength and others chose him because of his newfound personality.

    However, I don't really think that Kishimoto kept Gaara alive just because he was a popular character. The whole point of the series is that one of Naruto's (the character) strengths is his ability to earn friends. Gaara was one major example of this, and, when the time comes, I'm sure Kishimoto will bring him back in order to help Naruto (cause it seems that Naruto has a lot of trouble coming up ahead). Also, Gaara represents the link between the sand and leaf villages. If Gaara died, then who would be kazekage? Kankurou? Temari? Doubtful. Keeping Gaara alive is necessary in order to show Naruto's ability to form bonds with enemies, strangers, etc...etc... and in order to build him up as the next great hokage (because he can build ties with other villages).

  2. #12
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Well, what your saying kind of makes sense, but Naruto already won over Gaara. His ability to change the hearts of people as well as their mind state on the world has already been expressed through his bonds with Gaara. You say keeping Gaara alive is necessary to show Naruto's ability to form bonds, but it isn't necessary for him to be alive the show that fact. It's already been shown that he can do that, but not only with Gaara, but with other characters to(Iruka, Inari, Tsunade, other konoha genin, etc). All of that has already been documented, Gaara's life is not necessary to keep on that thought. IMO Gaara's death would have added so much more to the plot. Keeping him alive is unecessary to me. That's why I say Kishimoto kept Gaara alive just for the fanboys/girls.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    And Gaara can defeat ANYONE no exceptions. First to reach Kage level from the main 15 gennin.


    Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, Rock Lee, That Old Lady Down The Street, Gaara can defeat them all!
    Ahh he's already lost to Naruto and Deidara. And Deidara didn't even go all out like he did with Sasuke. However he is among the strong of the main crew for sure...
    Last edited by Syaozen; 07-30-2007 at 08:00 AM.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    The councils feelings reflect the feelings of the nations. Everyones scared of him. He's a monster. If you've been reading this manga then you would know that. And if you haven't noticed(and I've said this before) he didn't win anyones recognition until after he saved the village from Deidara.
    Actually its never mentioned because of the time skip if he hadnt won anyone's support.

    The councils do NOT reflect the feelings of the nation. Let me ask you does the US Senate reflect the feelings of EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the US? No.
    It's the same for EVERY goverment body, the higher ups decide things on their own personal feelings, it has little to do with the people until elections.

    We can go back and start quoting all the nonsense the councils of the sand have said and see just how "bright" they are. Even in Konoha the Konoha council are a bunch of old people who think they know what's best, but again it doesnt necessarily reflect the will of the people.

    Which reminds me, what ever happened with Sai's secret special mission? I completely forgot about it.
    Last edited by K-oz; 07-30-2007 at 08:27 AM.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirt View Post
    I tend to agree with Jink. Gaara was a pretty bloodthirsty guy for a long time. Sure, after his fight with Naruto, he turned into a good guy and strived to be recognized by his village. The way I see it is that the sand village has a group of elders who discuss policy, etc... about the village and probably are responsible for choosing a kazekage when necessary. It is likely that some members chose Gaara as kazekage in order to keep an eye on him and others chose him because of his strength and others chose him because of his newfound personality.

    However, I don't really think that Kishimoto kept Gaara alive just because he was a popular character. The whole point of the series is that one of Naruto's (the character) strengths is his ability to earn friends. Gaara was one major example of this, and, when the time comes, I'm sure Kishimoto will bring him back in order to help Naruto (cause it seems that Naruto has a lot of trouble coming up ahead). Also, Gaara represents the link between the sand and leaf villages. If Gaara died, then who would be kazekage? Kankurou? Temari? Doubtful. Keeping Gaara alive is necessary in order to show Naruto's ability to form bonds with enemies, strangers, etc...etc... and in order to build him up as the next great hokage (because he can build ties with other villages).
    You say you tend to agree with Jink, but you are actually agreeing with me on this post. What you said makes more sense and is in line with the things I said. Just like with the presidential elections the people vote and then the ELECTORIAL vote is what actually crowns the president it's NOT actually the "people" as some tend to believe.

    Thus like you said, I dont doubt that some of the council members didnt want Gaara around but rather have him close (keep your friends close and your enemies closer sort of thing). But i'm sure that's not the only reason. One person can not accurately express the feelings of everyone. And it's usually the same 2 guys who are always bad mouthin Gaara.

    Also Kankuro is part of the council now is he not? As well as that Jounin that was with the Sand team back in the chunnin exam days. I'm sure Gaara had both of their vote.

    Any how what i'm saying is that im near positive that Gaara had some support from the people everyone was not against him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syaozen View Post
    Ahh he's already lost to Naruto and Deidara. And Deidara didn't even go all out like he did with Sasuke. However he is among the strong of the main crew for sure...
    *GASPS* NOOOOO U DIDNT! lol

    Gaara vs Naruto = TIE. At the end they were both knocked down on the floor. Naruto has ridiculolus stamina so he was able to crawl over. If people can claim that Deidara vs Sasuke was a tie when Sasuke was clearly still able to walk around and even summon Manda, whilst Deidara didnt have a leg to stand on. Then Naruto vs. Gaara was definetly a tie.

    Gaara vs. Deidara = CHEAP WIN. Seriously i'm disappointed that Deidara died, I would've loved a rematch. One where Gaara doesnt have to protect his village. True Deidara wasnt goin all out but then again neither was Gaara, he simply couldnt. Just look at his previous fights, he would've had sand all over the place, he isnt going to destroy the village in the process just to get Deidara.

  6. #16
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    Actually its never mentioned because of the time skip if he hadnt won anyone's support.

    The councils do NOT reflect the feelings of the nation. Let me ask you does the US Senate reflect the feelings of EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the US? No.
    It's the same for EVERY goverment body, the higher ups decide things on their own personal feelings, it has little to do with the people until elections.

    We can go back and start quoting all the nonsense the councils of the sand have said and see just how "bright" they are. Even in Konoha the Konoha council are a bunch of old people who think they know what's best, but again it doesnt necessarily reflect the will of the people.

    Which reminds me, what ever happened with Sai's secret special mission? I completely forgot about it.
    Actually I was referring that it says in the manga that they only have him as Kazekage to keep an eye on him.

    So Narutoverse=America? I think your forgetting your reading a manga.

    The council (for the most part) know what the people are afraid of. Even during Kankuro(maybe Temari) flashbacks post-time skip it showed that the people still saw Gaara as a monster.

    Sai's mission was to kill Sasuke. He changed his mind at the end and tried helping him. They failed, horribly. End of story.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Actually I was referring that it says in the manga that they only have him as Kazekage to keep an eye on him.

    So Narutoverse=America? I think your forgetting your reading a manga.

    The council (for the most part) know what the people are afraid of. Even during Kankuro(maybe Temari) flashbacks post-time skip it showed that the people still saw Gaara as a monster.

    Sai's mission was to kill Sasuke. He changed his mind at the end and tried helping him. They failed, horribly. End of story.
    It's an example. And in the manga it's only the same old fools that always hate Gaara and bad mouth him that keep talking that ish. And I think you are forgetting this is manga/anime make belief thus you cant take every word said as being an absolute truth.

    I'm comparing america's politics to naruto's politics, because politics are always the same no matter where you go. If you cant understand such a simple concept then you should read up a lil more on things. And like i said I never said everyone supported Gaara I was stating that he must have some supporters otherwise I dont see how the people could stomach having him as Kazekage.

    Ummm Sai was dulled out too quickly imo. he was only interesting for a few chapters, why was he out to kill Sasuke again?

  8. #18
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    It's an example. And in the manga it's only the same old fools that always hate Gaara and bad mouth him that keep talking that ish. And I think you are forgetting this is manga/anime make belief thus you cant take every word said as being an absolute truth.

    I'm comparing america's politics to naruto's politics, because politics are always the same no matter where you go. If you cant understand such a simple concept then you should read up a lil more on things. And like i said I never said everyone supported Gaara I was stating that he must have some supporters otherwise I dont see how the people could stomach having him as Kazekage.

    Ummm Sai was dulled out too quickly imo. he was only interesting for a few chapters, why was he out to kill Sasuke again?
    I don't think the entire nation is "the same old fools".

    They could stomach him being Kazekage because 1. he's strong 2. they keep a closer eye on him.

    Sai was a Root member, created and lead by Danzo. Danzo gave Sai that mission to kill Sasuke. It was disguised as a mission to create a contact with Orochimaru to wage war on Konoha so Sai could more easily infiltrate Orochimarus base and kill Sasuke(so Oro won't have a new host).

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    I don't think the entire nation is "the same old fools".

    They could stomach him being Kazekage because 1. he's strong 2. they keep a closer eye on him.

    Sai was a Root member, created and lead by Danzo. Danzo gave Sai that mission to kill Sasuke. It was disguised as a mission to create a contact with Orochimaru to wage war on Konoha so Sai could more easily infiltrate Orochimarus base and kill Sasuke(so Oro won't have a new host).
    in the anime
    those genin he trained during the "fillers" were supportive of Gaara all the way into Shippuden.

    those were some of the actual decent fillers.

  10. #20
    フェアリーテイル Jink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oda Eiichiro's Bed
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    in the anime
    those genin he trained during the "fillers" were supportive of Gaara all the way into Shippuden.

    those were some of the actual decent fillers.
    I don't know if your being serious or not.

    Anime fillers, not canon.

    READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood
    **************************************

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 946
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 01:58 PM
  2. Strongest Character
    By AznDevil in forum Bleach
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 04:54 AM
  3. gaara
    By bankai in forum Naruto Theories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Strongest pirate
    By jio999 in forum One Piece
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •