Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Naruto Dropped (Binktopia)

We'd come to this decision last week and the original plan was to do 1 final release, but it seems our raw providers won't be able to procure the magazine until tomorrow so delaying the inevitable seemed foolish.

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible, we've dropped Naruto. Kylara's days are numbered with University around the corner, and I find myself in a situation where manga needs to stop being a priority. Very soon neither of us will have the time nor desire to dedicate entire Thursday evenings for this so we are opting to quit now rather than drag this on.

I stress that this doesn't have much to do with recent drama at all. Though maybe we would have been more motivated to salvage the project somehow if people/groups/sites stopped trying so hard to get us to stop, maybe not, who knows, at least they finally got their wish. It's been a bumpy road but I think as far as the actual releases are concerned we did pretty good, thanks for reading.

Binktopia recommends JapFlap for accurate & clean naruto scanlations.

Shouts to:

- Kylara: If it weren't for you always trying to push me to up the bar in quality I'd probably still be making bad scanlations XD

- Manyou: You saved our butts and helped usher in an era where the English community could once again enjoy Naruto on Thursdays. Thanks!

- Thatbabo: I love you mang

- HisshouBuraiKen: We appreciate you being on time every single week ready to give us high quality translations.

- Binktopia Staff: For the random help I needed... especially redraws/joining.

- Asce: wowfag

- All of you guys who didn't succumb to temptation, and waited patiently for our releases.

Hmmm, well this interesting. I guess maybe I might actually drop naruto now that you guys aren't doing it either.

So does this mark the end of your days as a scanlator as well, or is that somewhere farther in the future?

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    :O nooooo

Who needs to keep their sanity? I say you guys keep on going until you need to be institutionalized but, hey, that's just my opinion...

@redfuzzy: blud is on indefinite hiatus...Ky's new schedule permits very little free time outside of her doujinshi...which, outside of hell freezing over, she could never tear herself away from...
    "Hey thanks for emailing me. Why you dropping Fairy Tail again?????? It is one of the most awesome manga so please please keep doing it because I do now want to add other scans to my collection since it is not so good. If you need help I can help out with anything except I don't know how to do the manga typing and that kind of stuff. By the way, are you thinking about Code Breaker? If so, I can also maybe help with that too. Also, next time if you will drop the series don't email me. It is depressing news and I will rather just not know this time. Thank you."

thats a sad news but do you plan to do chapter 412

Thanks guys for everything... quality was the most important, and we got it.
    From way back since 'Mangashare' existed, i have every Naruto release when i discovered wat used to be a site, and only got bigger to encompass a community. Time lets us do anything, yet there is always the inevitable end to everything.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

You never know the value of things that are precious to us... until they are taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    thats a sad news but do you plan to do chapter 412
    Quote Originally Posted by blud View Post
    We'd come to this decision last week and the original plan was to do 1 final release, but it seems our raw providers won't be able to procure the magazine until tomorrow so delaying the inevitable seemed foolish.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^no they do not^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

<--(custom title) In honor of Blud.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Meh, oh well Naruto wasn't my favorite series anyways. Free The Babo!!!

Oh well too bad.