Hey I just thought I should start a thread about this anime, it is an anime, just an American-made one. It's a pretty good one too. Do any of you guys watch this show? I heard Book 3 is coming out in September 21st and then M. Night (Director of Sixth Sense) is going to make a live-action movie about this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

well it's not really considered an anime since it has american origins.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Either way it's one of the only American cartoons (aside from Family guy types) that I watch.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

It's probably the best attempt of anime ever made from American origin though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

I just have to throw this in. My idea of "anime" is that only Japanese animation is considered "anime" because that's what they call it in Japan. It's a way to identify where the animation came from. That's why "manga" is used to refer to Japanese comics and "manhwa" is used for Korean comics.

Anyways, I've watched Avatar in the past, but I missed it as it premiered, so I was stuck watching reruns, and let me tell you, the airing of the reruns is NOT done well. The episodes are all out of order, or the show comes on at different times and messes it all up. I stopped even trying to watch the series because I have no idea what's going on when and why.

It is about the best American cartoon (not counting comedies like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, etc.). Hell, it is the best - nothing else tries to have a real story and characters.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    I just have to throw this in. My idea of "anime" is that only Japanese animation is considered "anime" because that's what they call it in Japan. It's a way to identify where the animation came from. That's why "manga" is used to refer to Japanese comics and "manhwa" is used for Korean comics.

Anyways, I've watched Avatar in the past, but I missed it as it premiered, so I was stuck watching reruns, and let me tell you, the airing of the reruns is NOT done well. The episodes are all out of order, or the show comes on at different times and messes it all up. I stopped even trying to watch the series because I have no idea what's going on when and why.

It is about the best American cartoon (not counting comedies like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, etc.). Hell, it is the best - nothing else tries to have a real story and characters.

Do you keep up with anime on TV? or do you download subbed? Do the same thing for avatar, and you won't get confused about the order. Yea I agree that the only true "anime" is in Japan, Japanimation. Anime in America is referred to as Animerica.

Quote Originally Posted by Neobody View Post
    Ooops.......