Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: IRC Problem

  1. #11
    J.A.C. Member Redfuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    2,432
    DECK, there's only two I've only found for mac, but Colloquy is the best.

    Also, I'll change those links now thanks for telling me.

  2. #12
    NEEDED DECK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,206
    Thx Redfuzzy... But now Im more confused. I misunderstood everything. the thing is that I use Safari explorer, made by Apple, but in my windows XP (Apple gives freeware). So, my navigator is Safari, but my OS is XP. What would be my solution?

    Also, I tried mIRC, but it was very rare. Complicated.

  3. #13
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by DECK View Post
    Thx Redfuzzy... But now Im more confused. I misunderstood everything. the thing is that I use Safari explorer, made by Apple, but in my windows XP (Apple gives freeware). So, my navigator is Safari, but my OS is XP. What would be my solution?

    Also, I tried mIRC, but it was very rare. Complicated.

    Why use Safari if on XP? Opera and Firefox are the best browsers for XP. Btw, a new version of mirc is out, 6.34.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  4. #14
    J.A.C. Member Redfuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    2,432
    @shadowfox87, Safari is fine browser it's just simple. If he doesn't want to bother with more advanced features, but still have a better browser than IE, Safari is the one to use

    Sorry I assumed that you used a Mac because you use Safari. A bad assumption I know.

    Anyway, if you're having trouble with mIRC then you can PM anyone and they can walk you through how to set it up.

    You can also try Xchat, which I've heard is good, though honestly I have no idea.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator Jinoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,194
    chatzilla plugin for firefox is easy to use... try it out.

  6. #16
    J.A.C. Member Redfuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    chatzilla plugin for firefox is easy to use... try it out.
    He uses Safari, unless he wants to switch to Firefox.....

  7. #17
    NEEDED DECK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Why use Safari if on XP? Opera and Firefox are the best browsers for XP. Btw, a new version of mirc is out, 6.34.
    That is the one I downloaded. The reason is that Safari is working well, specially in MangaShare, I cant see a better way for browsing this page. Just know, the soft design, the buttons, the smooth fonts... There is also info saying that Safari is faster than IE and Mozilla. Off topic, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfuzzy View Post
    @shadowfox87, Safari is fine browser it's just simple. If he doesn't want to bother with more advanced features, but still have a better browser than IE, Safari is the one to use

    Sorry I assumed that you used a Mac because you use Safari. A bad assumption I know.

    Anyway, if you're having trouble with mIRC then you can PM anyone and they can walk you through how to set it up.

    You can also try Xchat, which I've heard is good, though honestly I have no idea.
    Thx again, I´ve heard great things about Firefox, though I still dont like it, maybe I have to custom it my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    chatzilla plugin for firefox is easy to use... try it out.
    Yes, aged and wise ones uses Firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfuzzy View Post
    He uses Safari, unless he wants to switch to Firefox.....
    Then I have no choice. Maybe. Got it! Firefox exclusively for IRC, and Safari for forums.

  8. #18
    TvFre@k Cub@n!T!co's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    If I told u I would have to kill u.....upps I just did, so, BEWARE OF THE DOG
    Posts
    1,033
    i have use safari, but then tried firefox and got in love with it, easy to chat on irc as well

  9. #19
    Half Man Half Amazin' Phixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,710
    Ok thanks, all problems fixed now.

    Avatar and Signature by Ravona

  10. #20
    Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    JAC Street - Gintama FC; Boredom Plains
    Posts
    5,667
    This thread made me switch to chatzilla. It's more user-friendly than mirc in my opinion, and I really like. it.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •