• Horrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    the dragon can fly... that's awesome!!! and the dragon is so cute, lol

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarkg2 View Post
    yep, the dragon is freaking cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    --Killer Halloween color page. I kept looking for Perona hidden somewhere, but alas, I could not locate her...
    You just weren't looking hard enough. Look for the things that make Perona a unique character: Eye's and Crown.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarkg2 View Post
    I disagree; the dragon looks like a turd. Let's discuss this.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    You just weren't looking hard enough. Look for the things that make Perona a unique character: Eye's and Crown.

I was wondering about this, too, but can that really count if she isn't there humanly? Also, if we're saying the one with the crown and unique eyes is Perona, who's the one with the mustache Robin is riding?

As for your dislike of the dragon topic, exactly what do you want to discuss about it? I'm assuming, since Wano is closely based upon traditional Japan and the two characters we've seen this arc are strictly traditional samurai and have matching attitudes, the look of Momonosuke as a traditional Japanese dragon is to stick to the reference. I agree a dragon zoan that looks like that is a bit disappointing, but let's not forget it is an artificial one and not the genuine article.

I was wondering about this, too, but can that really count if she isn't there humanly? Also, if we're saying the one with the crown and unique eyes is Perona, who's the one with the mustache Robin is riding?

As for your dislike of the dragon topic, exactly what do you want to discuss about it? I'm assuming, since Wano is closely based upon traditional Japan and the two characters we've seen this arc are strictly traditional samurai and have matching attitudes, the look of Momonosuke as a traditional Japanese dragon is to stick to the reference. I agree a dragon zoan that looks like that is a bit disappointing, but let's not forget it is an artificial one and not the genuine article.
    You misunderstand my joke on the dragon. And now I have the image of Robin getting a mustache ride. Thank you for ruining the picture for me.

Edit: Oh, and the Mustache ghost is obviously Sabo.
    Last edited by xioaxioa; 10-19-2012 at 02:54 PM.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

You misunderstand my joke on the dragon. And now I have the image of Robin getting a mustache ride. Thank you for ruining the picture for me.
    No, I understood your sarcasm (your use of "turd" coupled with subtle mockery of the quote saying "cute" was the give away), but seeing as little else has been debated here, I chose to throw my two cents out there.

HAHAHA! Always a pleasure to unsettle you xioa.

Edit: You're going to ride this ridiculous theory train until you stop being lucky huh lol
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 10-20-2012 at 12:20 AM.

No, I understood your sarcasm (your use of "turd" coupled with subtle mockery of the quote saying "cute" was the give away), but seeing as little else has been debated here, I chose to through my two cents out there.

HAHAHA! Always a pleasure to unsettle you xioa.

Edit: You're going to ride this ridiculous theory train until you stop being lucky huh lol

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Haha whatever helps you validate the crazy.

This was hilarious and ridiculous all at once!

Geez, why is there so little discussion being discussed here. We just had solid movement on three different arc subplots, and here we are only on freaking page 3 talking about character art. lol.

With that being said...I got nothing :-(

Oh, except that Momonosuke knows where the secret room is. That means, by association, Luffy now knows where the secret room is! He knows exactly where to go to kick Caesar's teeth in :-D

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Well, really the only subplot that was adequately explored was the Momonosuke subplot. I, personally, am more interested in the battles going on currently. Hopefully Oda touches more on them next week, especially the Zoro and gang vs Monet and the Law and Smoker vs Vergo fights. Until then, the only real topic I can offer is the gigantification process. According to Caesar, Momonsuke's group of kids has only 5 years to live upon Caesar beginning the experiments. So, what does this mean for the rest of the children, like Mocha, Sind, and Doran, who have likely been undergoing the process for years now. How much longer do they have, and, assuming Chopper can isolate the genetic mutation or manipulated growth inducer, can they return to their normal child size or be cured at all?

Alright, seeing as I enjoyed the Halloween cover page so much, I decided to break it down (to the best of my ability) by character to monster:

Luffy: Pumpkinhead??? reason: takes vengence against those who have wronged someone) or, simply a trick or treater (his childish demeanor and basket of trick or meat)
    Zoro: Headless Swordsman: pretty obvious play on words, especially seeing as his pumpkin head isn't on
    Sanji: Zombie???: Could really only come up with how, like zombie's are obsessed with brains/flesh, Sanji is obsessed with woman, and well, their flesh lol
    Nami: Witch: broom and pretty sure each crew member think she is evil in the way she hordes money (although the pirate sword is questionable here too...)
    Usopp: Werewolf: again a play on his personality and the monster he imitates, "the boy who cried wolf"
    Chopper: Wizard: the hat and his obsession with science and "awesome" things
    Robin: Devil: play on her epithet, Demon Child
    Franky: Frankenstein: like Frankenstein, Franky is sort of a monstrosity, especially in his overt eccentricity, size, and because he was a created being, a cyborg
    Brook: Skeleton: Obvious.....

Perona: Ghosts: her ability and she herself may have snuck into the cover page to scare Brook (see ghost with crown and girly eyes)

Feel free to argue any of my interpretations

Edit: And xioa, Robin's getting a mustache ride from Vista lol
    Last edited by Blackriot69; 10-20-2012 at 01:01 AM.