Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What if the Genin werent sent after Sasuke?

I always thought it odd that Tsunade chose to send a group of genin lead by a fresh chunin after Sasuke. Could they really have been that hard up for shinobi? What if they didnt send naturo but instead, I dunno Kakashi. Yeah he was away while everything went down and didnt arrive back in village well after everything had started, but what if he was around? If Kakashi had been sent after Sasuke, do you think it would have made a difference? Would he have been able to get the job done?

Think first. Sasuke was placed in that cylinder fairly early into the story. Once he was in I doubt he could have been taken out without killing him in the process. Even if Kakashi would have been able to defeat all of Orochimaru's shinobi do you think it would have made a difference to bring back an already altered Sasuke? It's obvious his time in the cylinder effected him mentally as well as physically. At the level Naruto and Sasuke were fighting at toward the climax of the fight, do you think Kakashi would have been able to beat Sasuke? Well, what do you think?

once sasuke was put in the cylinder he was dead, or in the death state. the jutsu would have had to be done right or sasuke would have died either way since it was oro's jutsu.

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oOYourdadOo View Post
    once sasuke was put in the cylinder he was dead, or in the death state. the jutsu would have had to be done right or sasuke would have died either way since it was oro's jutsu.
    that comment has nothing to do with this threads question.

I on the other hand think that there would have been a difference. I think the good guys would have died but fought well. I think the only reason the genins stayed alive is because they are main characters. If they sent a bunch of no name jounins then they would have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisss View Post

I on the other hand think that there would have been a difference. I think the good guys would have died but fought well. I think the only reason the genins stayed alive is because they are main characters. If they sent a bunch of no name jounins then they would have died.
    exactly, if Naruto isn't the MAIN character, he would've DIED so many times given that he is such a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisss View Post

Ok, so if Kakashi, Asuma, Kurinia (spelling?!) and and lets say, Gai were sent instead of the Genin do you think it would have made a difference in the end (not no-name jounin, though Orochimaru's gang did take on two no-name Jounin during that mission, nearly killed them)? I'm just saying, looking at how Naruto and Sasuke were fighting, with the amount of chakra they were using, are any of the jounin capable of that kind of display? Kakashi did say the next generation must and always surpasses the previous, but isnt too early at age 13 (around the age Naruto and Sasuke were during their fight)?

Tsunade sent the genins and shikamaru (chunim at that time) after Sasuke, because she had not options. They were rebuilding the hidden village after Suna/Sound invansion, most of the jounins were sent in individually to missions and the others were protecting the borders and Konoha itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    Tsunade sent the genins and shikamaru (chunim at that time) after Sasuke, because she had not options. They were rebuilding the hidden village after Suna/Sound invansion, most of the jounins were sent in individually to missions and the others were protecting the borders and Konoha itself.
    It was somewhere in the anime, but one shinobi had said that Konoha shinobis are stronger than the average nins or something like that. I think it's all beginner's luck for them, but they still have an enormous amount of talent even for genins.

I think that even if Kakashi was there when all of this happened and captured Sasuke alive, he would just run away to Oto again. Sasuke may listen to him about training, but I think he trusts Naruto more and would hear his reasoning when it comes to "frienships" and power. I think that that's the reason he does not wish to kill anyone else aside from Itachi is because if Naruto'd influence on him.

The reason the genin were sent was because Tsunade didn't exactly see this as a huge emergency. Thinking from a hokage's standpoint, why would you sacrifice the use of two platoons of jounin to go after one pissy ninja? Especially because this was right after Konoha was basically destroyed, she could not afford to let the jounin go on a pointless hunt for a genin. In fact, I believe the only reason this became a mission was because of Naruto's insistence on saving Sasuke, and the fact that he's the has the kyuubi, so Tsunade surely would not want him running after 5 ninjas alone and getting his ass owned. So she sent whoever she could...and shikamaru.

But to answer the question, if we're operating on pure logic and skillwise then sending jounin should have been able to bring Sasuke back. If you think about it, the post-time jump original main cast (including the 9 genins from naruto's year and gai's team) are all about jounin level fighters. Of course most of them are still only chuunin but I bet that if Shikamaru, Kiba, Neji and Chouji (and Lee) went after the same team of people with Sasuke they would have owned them.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Salir View Post
    It was somewhere in the anime, but one shinobi had said that Konoha shinobis are stronger than the average nins or something like that. I think it's all beginner's luck for them, but they still have an enormous amount of talent even for genins.
    Yeah that's said in both the manga and anime, however that doesn't change the fact that the main reason behind tsunade decision was their loss in the military force. Is pretty much like the decision of Suna council of requesting help from Konoha and authorizing only one Shinobi to go as their guide. In the case of Suna, they were recovering from the invasion to Kohona and from when they sent troops to recover Sandaime Kazekage, which is the main reason of why they decide to send reinforcements to their borders, instead of sending a squadron to chase Akatsuki.

As if jounin were sent instead of genin and a chunim, they would caputure Sasuke and put him under anbu custody.
    Last edited by Alterno; 08-01-2007 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMegaPLP View Post
    I always thought it odd that Tsunade chose to send a group of genin lead by a fresh chunin after Sasuke. Could they really have been that hard up for shinobi? What if they didnt send naturo but instead, I dunno Kakashi. Yeah he was away while everything went down and didnt arrive back in village well after everything had started, but what if he was around? If Kakashi had been sent after Sasuke, do you think it would have made a difference? Would he have been able to get the job done?

Think first. Sasuke was placed in that cylinder fairly early into the story. Once he was in I doubt he could have been taken out without killing him in the process. Even if Kakashi would have been able to defeat all of Orochimaru's shinobi do you think it would have made a difference to bring back an already altered Sasuke? It's obvious his time in the cylinder effected him mentally as well as physically. At the level Naruto and Sasuke were fighting at toward the climax of the fight, do you think Kakashi would have been able to beat Sasuke? Well, what do you think?
    one thing you need to remember is that kakashi comes from a line of ninja that have depened on ability rather than strength and large amounts of chakra. kakashi is extremely smart. he could very well have subdued sasuke. for the sake of the story, konoha had to be hard up for ninja at the time, the genin had to be the only ones available and hampered by not having the genin you would want to meet in a dark alleyway shino. remember its a story suspend disbelief and just go with the flow