Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII

So apparently there will be TWO version of Final Fantasy XIII. And they both better be released on multi-platform. I know regular XIII will but Versus is still unknown. Here's a summary taken from finalfantasyxiii.net:

Final Fantasy XIII:
    Spoiler!

The game is being developed using Square Enix's newest game engine, the Crystal Tools, formerly the White Engine. Information on the game's story and gameplay have been scarce since it's unveiling, but a few tidbits known are the leader character is a woman by the codename of Lightning, and that it starts with a conflict between the floating city of Cocoon, and the world beneath it, Pulse.
    The developers designing and producing Final Fantasy XIII want to revolutionize the RPG formula. They're looking at the bare bones of it, the "you go into town, talk to people, go out of town, enter battles" (FFXIII Producer, Yoshinori Kitase), they're looking to reinvigorate that flow in particular. Furthermore, Square Enix is looking to simulate the incredible fast pace of the cinematic battles from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children in Final Fantasy XIII. The Battle Director of FFX is handing the development of FFXIII's Battle System.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII:
    Spoiler!

Like Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is being developed using Square Enix's newest game engine, the Crystal Tools, formerly the White Engine. Tetsuya has said that the gameplay will be much more similar to that of the Kingdom Hearts series, than the turn based action of the main Final Fantasy titles. Furthermore, the game will deeply explore human emotion to the highest degree ever seen from Square Enix. The setting of the game is much more to modern day, while still maintaining some fantasy, such as magic and incredible acrobatics.
    Like all of Fabula Nova Crystallis, not much is known about the story, other than the protagonist is a Prince of a sealed off city kingdom, the last kingdom to control a crystal. The trailers for the title have hinted at parallels between it's story, and the Shakespearian story of Hamlet.

Personally, I think the main character for versus look like a mix between Kadaj and Zack.

Trailers
    Regular XIII:
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOp1bx2XHrg
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ephE0HMts0

Versus XIII:
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qKmTomLa4I
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qHB42tZ_ik

Release Dates:
    For BOTH versions, it is said to be released in 2009.

There are 3 games in Fabula Nova Crystallis: XIII VsXIII and Agito XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Tenrow View Post
    There are 3 games in Fabula Nova Crystallis: XIII VsXIII and Agito XIII
    Agito
    was cancelled >.>
    And
    jeah the normal is going to be released on the 360. Versus not
    and I hope it stays so.
    But what kind of game do you all think versus will be?

Personally I'd love to see a game with devil may cry fighting but with really
    rpg influences

Canceled for the mobile phone, it's on the PSP.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Yeah but that third was is supposed to be a cell phone game or something >_> Anyway, it's time to start saving up for a PS3.

Because these games look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPan View Post
    Yeah but that third was is supposed to be a cell phone game or something >_> Anyway, it's time to start saving up for a PS3.

Because these games look awesome.
    Yes, you are so right, crap, I really have to save now, like a crazy. Dude, just look at that. I MUST HAVE them, would all of them be available in North America? I want I want

I heard that FFXIII is going to be on the Xbox too. No word on FF verses XIII yet. But I would like to have a PS3 anyway, since HD DVD is going down the drain and a lot of movies are being released on Blu-Ray.

I have been waiting for a long time for these games.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    The first time I saw the XIII trailer I thought they were cutscenes. Once I noticed those were battles in the game I knew I'd have to get a PS3. Now that it's coming to the 360 though I don't have to. ^_^

I'm not as excited about Versus XIII but the main character looks awesome considering he can make weapons pop out of thin air and teleport.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

ff XIII is coming out for ps3 and xbox 360, confirmed during e3. versus is still a ps3 exclusive it seems. which sucks cause i rather play versus XII than regular XII and i only have 360. man i need a job

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round