Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tatsukai1990 View Post
    i finally got a HD monitor for my dorm room.
    awesome
    now i can enjoy my ps3 in full 1080p
    I have 1080p on my big tv but a lot of games still don't fully support it... Also, FF13 Versus looks fucking awesome, FF13 Agito for the PSP is also sure to be an interesting game, and plain FF13 is multiplatform which means those who own FPS heavy 360s can enjoy a decent RPG.

Time to revive this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMzMZ...eature=related

This is a demo of the game. Everything's still in development, so expect more changes or addition in the future...

PS. Check the music around 7:59 - 7:30

Argh, too bad the XII demo is only on the Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray..
    Is it set to be released in europe/america? and if so, when?

Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    Argh, too bad the XII demo is only on the Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray..
    Is it set to be released in europe/america? and if so, when?
    There is a North American release planned.

No date?
    Anyway, the demo looks great, I'm not sure if I like the afro-guy though... (a bit too clumsy)

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I've seen the demo and the battle system isn't really what I thought it would be. I expected something more cinematic and dazzling based on the amount of time they've put into it. Though I must say the way it works with the one gauge at the top has me interested. We'll just have to wait and see when the finished product is released.

I must say that I think XIII Versus looks better. Maybe it's because I really like the concept of the MC's multi weapon powers.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

After watching the demo gameplay and the intro, I am happy to report I have no idea how the fuck the battle system works...at all. :|

Lightning does make me orgasm though....in a good way. Wait, are orgasms ever bad?

Also, I like the black guy. He seems funny, although I find his voice hilarious. A bit too high I think. They'll probably get a real black guy to voice him in the NA release so it'll sound better.

Also about FFXIII Versus, looooong way to go. They released some scene where the main character is chatting with some girl but there was no actual dialogue because they haven't hired VA's yet! :|

Lastly, I also think I'll like Versus XIII better since I just like the real-time battle system better, although maybe if I actually came to understand the FFXIII battle system, I'd like it too.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    After watching the demo gameplay and the intro, I am happy to report I have no idea how the fuck the battle system works...at all. :|

Lightning does make me orgasm though....in a good way. Wait, are orgasms ever bad?

Also, I like the black guy. He seems funny, although I find his voice hilarious. A bit too high I think. They'll probably get a real black guy to voice him in the NA release so it'll sound better.

Also about FFXIII Versus, looooong way to go. They released some scene where the main character is chatting with some girl but there was no actual dialogue because they haven't hired VA's yet! :|

Lastly, I also think I'll like Versus XIII better since I just like the real-time battle system better, although maybe if I actually came to understand the FFXIII battle system, I'd like it too.

There's nothing too hard to understand about the battle system; you meet a representation of the enemy and they start a fight when you come into contact. the battle system lets you set up a strain of 3 attacks (at least so far) that you see as a bar in the demoplay. The rest of the battle seems to be turn-based like the good final fantasies but there might be some sort of time element in it. When you attack the enemy, the enemy apparently has the chance to counter or catch you in your attack (like with the white scorpion robot). Apparently you can set a chain combo in your attack and juggle the enemy in the air for a moment. the enemy and you fight on your own respective times so you can be shooting the enemy whilst he/she/it is in the middle of launching an attack too. This is what I gathered from watching that video.

Orgasms are only bad if your penis has been flayed in two and you are being gay-raped/sodomized in a prison shower (unless that's your thing and you enjoy that sort of stuff, I guess...)

The baby chocobo on his head was cute. I think that was chocobo anyways...

I did not understand that versus video at all. those subs did not work for me :|.

the real time battle system is sort of the new thing that square-enix is looking into and it's starting to get better (though I hated FF12's system). I still think turn-based is the way to go with Final Fantasies though, since it's more of a classic sort of thing. But I guess real-time does pander to the trigger-happy modern culture we live in today so it can't be all that bad. really looking forward to both of them. Also, the demoplay was enormous... how will it fit onto the dvds of the xbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    No date?
    Anyway, the demo looks great, I'm not sure if I like the afro-guy though... (a bit too clumsy)
    comic relief. He's something like Barret from FF7 or Zell from FF8. Thank god nothing like Quina from FF9.
    Last edited by Ninjastik; 04-19-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Well the person who designed the Kingdom Hearts battle system is working on Versus, so I'm guessing it's going to be less like FFXII and more action based.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastik View Post
    the real time battle system is sort of the new thing that square-enix is looking into and it's starting to get better (though I hated FF12's system). I still think turn-based is the way to go with Final Fantasies though, since it's more of a classic sort of thing. But I guess real-time does pander to the trigger-happy modern culture we live in today so it can't be all that bad. really looking forward to both of them. Also, the demoplay was enormous... how will it fit onto the dvds of the xbox?
    FFXII wasn't real time. It was gaytime. Like Redfuzzy said, Versus XIII is supposed to be more like Kingdom Hearts which I relish greatly. Although this is assuming that it's more like KH2 where the movement was less buggy, but not as easy as KH2 was. Jesus christ, spam x and triangle in that game and you win.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!