Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What we're working on (MangaShare v5)

It's been almost 2 months since the last change to the site so I figured it's time for an update. As many of you know I haven't had a lot of time to work on MS due to real life working constraints, but the next version of the site is progressing and should be ready in a month or two (give or take depending on my availability).

Here's what you can expect:

- Brand new web design for the homepage, forums and online manga reader

- Launching of new sub-site tracker for "Translations"

- Launching of new sub-site tracker for "Raws"

- Remodeling of how the release tracker works. We will be grouping new releases by chapter rather than creating a new entry for every new release. So you'll see "Naruto 410" and when you click you'll land on a new page automatically populated with a list of the raws, translations and scanlations available for you. It's an extra step to get to where you want to be, but you must have noticed the "Friday problem", where we have the entire homepage spammed with naruto and bleach releases in every language.

- Recoding of the online manga reader to run more efficiently. We're also looking to add an "uploader" usergroup that will allow trusted members of the community and scanlators to upload new manga. We're also experimenting with a more innovative compression design that won't touch chapters that have been saved properly, yet still keep bandwidth meters affordable (ie: if a page is under a certain threshold like 350kb it won't be compressed down).

- Release tracker submission notifications;
    --- Groups who have their releases declined or removed will recieve an automatic private message that explains why.
    --- You will receive a private message when your group or series has been approved.

- Series & Group Editing. We'll have a form where any registered member can submit a change to any series or group (requires mod approval).

- Comment administration; Scanlators will be able to remove comments on their own releases, allowing them full control to prevent other members from mirroring a release against their will. Scanlators will also be able to disable commenting on their releases.

- New releases will require at least 2 mirrors. Linking 2 fields to the same mirror will result in the release being deleted from the tracker. As a result of this change, RapidShare will be enabled again.

I'm sure there's more in the works or that will be in the works by the time this thing is out, but that's all I can think of for now. If you have any suggestions now's the time to have them implemented.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Well it sounds very good. Obviously a lot of thought has gone into it, and I can see how this excellent community will be more improved. I especially like the idea of remodeling the release tracker by chapter to prevent numerous entries of the same thing. Good thinking.

Yeah...it all sounds great Blud.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

This calls for a banner contest

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    o.O Sexy

I have no ideas, have I ever mentioned how lousy I am with them, I'll just merrily go along with the plan.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Wow I love every change blud! Sounds like a lot of great changes for scanlators and release submitters in general. Can't wait to see the new design too.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    It'll be great not being bombarded with 50 variations of the same release. Keep up the good work guys.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Sounds really nice, you're updating really fast. A year from now and I bet we won't recognize the site.

Veteran Member
    Niicee

A banner contest sounds nice...But anyways thanks for working this hard on the site guys.

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to this new and improved Mangashare. I like the idea of having the releases under one section to stop from the main page being flooded on regular release days. Also looking forward to the new layout and look (:O