It's been almost 2 months since the last change to the site so I figured it's time for an update. As many of you know I haven't had a lot of time to work on MS due to real life working constraints, but the next version of the site is progressing and should be ready in a month or two (give or take depending on my availability).
Here's what you can expect:
- Brand new web design for the homepage, forums and online manga reader
- Launching of new sub-site tracker for "Translations"
- Launching of new sub-site tracker for "Raws"
- Remodeling of how the release tracker works. We will be grouping new releases by chapter rather than creating a new entry for every new release. So you'll see "Naruto 410" and when you click you'll land on a new page automatically populated with a list of the raws, translations and scanlations available for you. It's an extra step to get to where you want to be, but you must have noticed the "Friday problem", where we have the entire homepage spammed with naruto and bleach releases in every language.
- Recoding of the online manga reader to run more efficiently. We're also looking to add an "uploader" usergroup that will allow trusted members of the community and scanlators to upload new manga. We're also experimenting with a more innovative compression design that won't touch chapters that have been saved properly, yet still keep bandwidth meters affordable (ie: if a page is under a certain threshold like 350kb it won't be compressed down).
- Release tracker submission notifications;
--- Groups who have their releases declined or removed will recieve an automatic private message that explains why.
--- You will receive a private message when your group or series has been approved.
- Series & Group Editing. We'll have a form where any registered member can submit a change to any series or group (requires mod approval).
- Comment administration; Scanlators will be able to remove comments on their own releases, allowing them full control to prevent other members from mirroring a release against their will. Scanlators will also be able to disable commenting on their releases.
- New releases will require at least 2 mirrors. Linking 2 fields to the same mirror will result in the release being deleted from the tracker. As a result of this change, RapidShare will be enabled again.
I'm sure there's more in the works or that will be in the works by the time this thing is out, but that's all I can think of for now. If you have any suggestions now's the time to have them implemented.